PDA

View Full Version : Lovely compliment I received today

Jessibear2854
December 12th, 2011, 04:39 PM
I went for a walk this afternoon and as I was passing a woman who had lovely, long, gray hair, she stopped me to tell me how pretty my hair looked in the sunlight! Just had to share because it was such a nice thing to say, and she had such pretty hair as well! Made my day!

MonaLisa
December 12th, 2011, 04:53 PM
That's very nice indeed! :)
I bet it does look great!

makes me think....hmm..maybe I should say compliments out loud sometimes, to strangers i see and admire. might make someone's day :)

MoreWhenNuh
December 12th, 2011, 05:31 PM
That's very nice indeed! :)
I bet it does look great!

makes me think....hmm..maybe I should say compliments out loud sometimes, to strangers i see and admire. might make someone's day :)

I agree! I don't know why I shy away from giving compliments. I know how much I love them so I should pay it forward.

Metallia
December 12th, 2011, 05:50 PM
That's awesome! Those really unexpected compliments/moments always make my day.

embee
December 12th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Very nice. :) So often it's somebody saying "You need to get your hair cut, you're too old for long hair" kind of thing, so to have the opposite is a treat. Yes, do pay ahead, give nice comments when you can, everybody needs a lift nowadays. :)

daniew0708
December 12th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Sometimes it even nicer to get complimented from someone with beautiful hair because it validates all your hard work.

wurleyhead
December 12th, 2011, 06:01 PM
That was so sweet. I love getting compliments, they always make you feel good. But, those unexpected compliments really make you smile!

I have been trying harder be more complimentary to people. I love their smiles, they always seem so genuine & appreciative.

ludwig20
December 12th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Aww, compliments about hair are so lovely. Now that I'm finally growing my hair past my shoulders, I've had friends and strangers comment how thick and healthy my hair looks. The only bad side is when people want to run their fingers through it....

jacqueline101
December 12th, 2011, 09:40 PM
I think it would be nice to compliment people on their hair. I think I don't do it do to the fear of what others will say or do the fear of rejection. It keeps us quiet about our hair.

anikadear
December 12th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Your hair is really pretty Jessibear2854! The color and it's so shiny and just looks like you take care of it.

I like to compliment people too, just like when someone compliments me unexpectedly, it makes my day or heck, sometimes my week! Unfortunately a lot of times it's people asking me if my hair is real so that kind of stinks. But it is nice to be able to tell them "yes".