PDA

View Full Version : My very first "braid waves"!!! [PICS]

KahRistAhn
December 12th, 2011, 04:06 PM
:eek:

I am pretty pumped that I can make my hair look this good just by french braiding it wet!! :cheese: I was excited so I wanted to show you all. :) I know my length (or lack there of) makes it not-so-impressive, but it's making me imagine the possibilities!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9279&pictureid=121001

With a less intense flash:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9279&pictureid=121002

Excuse my total noob-ness at taking pictures of the back of my head! :p

einna
December 12th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Nice waves =) And I love your haircolour!! :D

xoxophelia
December 12th, 2011, 04:17 PM
So proud of you! You just crossed the bold line into heat free hair styling. The possibilities are endless ;)

RapunzelKat
December 12th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Your waves are lovely, and I love your color! Your hair looks super shiny and healthy, too. :D :D

bna_rapunzel
December 12th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Looks amazing. Your hair is so shiny. And the color??? That's not natural is it??? If it is I envy you. Its sooo pretty!
Congrats on the braid waves. They look great!!

:)

KahRistAhn
December 12th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Thank you all so much! I pretty much stopped using heat on my hair a few months ago, but it always looked really boring. I'm just so excited...I never thought I would ever be able to think of my hair as "beautiful", but thanks to LHC I think I can! <3

KahRistAhn
December 12th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Looks amazing. Your hair is so shiny. And the color??? That's not natural is it??? If it is I envy you. Its sooo pretty!
Congrats on the braid waves. They look great!!

:)

Haha, no, it's not natural. I WISH! It's henna! ;)

LocustSpawning
December 12th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Gorgeous, absolutely stunning hair colour too.

airmid
December 12th, 2011, 05:07 PM
I love braid waves! I do them every night now because otherwise... blah! Your colour is stunning, too... how did you get that intense colour with henna/what was your natural colour?

KahRistAhn
December 12th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Eeeeee thanks everyone! :D

I love braid waves! I do them every night now because otherwise... blah! Your colour is stunning, too... how did you get that intense colour with henna/what was your natural colour?

Well, to be fair I think that the flash made it look a lot more intense. :p

But as for the answers to your questions, I have a picture in my album that shoes my natural color, but before I did henna my hair had previously been chemically dyed. I am lazy, so you can see a couple pictures of my journey in my henna thread post (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showpost.php?p=1898962&postcount=2619). As you can see, I am only 2 BAQ hennas in so far. I think your color is quite lovely, too!

airmid
December 12th, 2011, 05:21 PM
I love how henna does that, when the light hits it it turns so crazy intense red! It's the perfect hairdye for highlights! :D
I looked in your albums and you and I had the exact same hair colour/style in childhood, it's neat! Mine got a little darker as I got older though. And thank you so much!! I find mine turns a different colour in every picture, lol.
Your results are just.... wow! I am impressed!

prettyhairisred
December 12th, 2011, 05:23 PM
I wish I could see them!! Oh well, I'll be at 25 posts in no time :) I"m sure from the comments that they're gorgeous! (:

spidermom
December 12th, 2011, 05:25 PM
What pretty waves!

Miss Catrina
December 12th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Congrats! Can't wait to get to this point myself.

wurleyhead
December 12th, 2011, 06:08 PM
I will be glad when I get to see the pics too. I am working on those posts!

|Xei
December 12th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Oh, that's very lovely! Great job on your first braid waves. I can never get mine to look quite so flowy for some reason.
Also, your hair colour, it's so fiery and rich (*O*) Henna or not, that's some lovely stuff there.

KahRistAhn
December 12th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Thanks for the wonderful comments everyone! :) And for those who can't see it, I was just in your shoes the other day....you'll be able to see them in no time!

Henna is great but I really hope my roots and length even out....

jacqueline101
December 12th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Your waves and color are stunning.

SoulOfTheSea
December 12th, 2011, 10:41 PM
They look great! Beautiful color as well! Happy growing and heat-free styling. :)

sarahbrownie
December 12th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Your hair color is beautiful! I love the waves!

kanaka
December 12th, 2011, 11:36 PM
lovely braid waves. your hair has lovely shine and amazing hair color :)

KatyS
December 13th, 2011, 04:11 AM
Ooooh I need to see these pics!!! When I get enough posts I'll definitely check back! :)

jojo
December 13th, 2011, 10:45 AM
beautiful bun waves, your shine, your colour heck girl I love your hair!

Amber_Maiden
December 13th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Very pretty!