PDA

View Full Version : Deep treatments and shampooing.

Ohio Sky
July 11th, 2008, 12:26 AM
I've been using Burt's Bees poo and condish for a couple weeks now. I haven't oiled heavily during that time, but now I'm sitting here with a mix of coconut oil, sweet almond oil, shea butter and cocoa butter slathered all over my head!

I will need to wash it out in the morning. WIll my Burt's Bees work or will I need a heavier shampoo?

lilalong
July 11th, 2008, 01:50 AM
I usually only use conditioner to get the oil out.

Awalia
July 11th, 2008, 02:20 AM
Yeah, i have fould conditioner much more better than shampoo to get oils washed out. I dont know why, but it works.

flapjack
July 11th, 2008, 02:26 AM
I have the same experiences with using conditioner. For some reason, conditioner gets nearly anything out of hair. I use it to get out honey treatments a lot and those can get very sticky/goopy.

Arctic
July 11th, 2008, 04:32 AM
I have no experience of that brand, or sweet almond oil, shea butter and cocoa butter -- but wanted to add to the comments, that when I was COing, I easily got coconut oil out with conditioner, but EVOO was a different story, it needed several shampoos. I love EVOO as a leave-in (few drops) but not as deep treatment, for that reason. I haven't used other oils that these two.

Ohio Sky
July 11th, 2008, 11:06 AM
I would think that if conditioner would be that effective at getting oils out it would be because of the oil dissolves oil thing, most consitioners have some sort of oil in them.

I went ahead and washed witht he Burt's Bees because I couldn't get my interent to work to read all the replies this morning. :(

My hair isn't dry yet so I'm not sure, but it still feels kinda weird. :confused:

thankyousir74
July 11th, 2008, 11:10 AM
I easily got coconut oil out with conditioner, but EVOO was a different story, it needed several shampoos. I love EVOO as a leave-in (few drops) but not as deep treatment, for that reason.

And here I am with the residue of using too much olive oil on my hair two days ago. It's been two COs and i can still feel the oiliness -.-

I'm avoiding shampoo at all costs, they're all bursting with cones in this house

Never doing an olive oil deep treatment again, my hair type is just not cut out for it >_<

GlassEyes
July 11th, 2008, 02:10 PM
I use conditioner to get oil out of my hair, and I use a shitload of oil. Sometimes straight olive oil, and I use more than the recommended dosage of a 'teaspoon'. xD One CO gets it out.

Ohio Sky
July 11th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Well I washed twice with my Burt's Bees shampoo and my hair looks pretty stringy. Oddly enough, it also looks... weird, like the individual hairs look fragile for some reason.

I've heard of needing moisture after a protein treatment, is it possible I moisturized my hair TOO much and now need protein? :confused:

I've used everything exept the cocoa butter on my hiar and never had a problem.

danacc
July 11th, 2008, 09:42 PM
It is possible to add too much moisture. If you did, your hair will feel "mushy" when wet, and will stretch a lot before breaking when wet or dry (and won't return to something close to it's original length when you let it go after stretching).

It could also be that there's still too much of the mixture sitting on the hair. I've had coconut oil come out easily with light conditioners that are listed as good for COing. My "normal" conditioners don't do a good job at all, though. If you have other shampoos or light conditioners around, you may want to try one to see if it gets rid of the stringiness.

I love your avatar, by the way!