PDA

View Full Version : Short hairs under fringe!

Iridessa
December 12th, 2011, 01:10 PM
i have quite a lot of short hairs under my fringe, that part of my hair is virgin hair and I havent used heat on it, what could the cause be? I do wear hairbands quite often, the stretchy kind to push my hair back off my face, Could it be new growth, I have noticed it growing, my hair has been damaged in the past ummm if anyone has any suggestions that would be great! p.s i am new hello everyone :eek:

Iridessa
December 12th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Well i dont know why i said fringe as i dont actually have a fringe anymore it has grown out lol i mean the front of my head basically but also i have got the short hairs round my whole head!!

raveness13
December 12th, 2011, 01:30 PM
I think that it's quite normal. I have those as well. I'm pretty sure that they're called baby hairs. There are other people out there who have them. The hairs just stay there and don't grow. I don't know much more about them.

Iridessa
December 12th, 2011, 01:33 PM
thanks, i forgot to mention that there was a very big increase in them it was quite sudden, they started really really short and have now grew longer, wondering what might of caused them

RapunzelKat
December 12th, 2011, 02:52 PM
I have these as well. They are especially common in people with finer hair from what I understand, and they are usually called baby hairs.

If you are growing out damage, it could be that they've been shorter/sparser in the past, and therefore less noticeable. They do grow, but usually don't get as long as the rest of your hair. Also, you may have both baby hairs and new growth as your hair gets healthier.

There was another thread about these a day or two ago, I think. I don't remember the exact title, but it was about hairs in the front not growing as fast. You might check that one out if you want more info. :)

Also, welcome to LHC! :D I am also pretty new also, there is tons of great info here!

jacqueline101
December 12th, 2011, 04:04 PM
They're baby hairs unless you've broke off hairs. Welcome to the group.

jaine
December 12th, 2011, 04:33 PM
The hairs just stay there and don't grow.

They do grow. They just have a shorter terminal length than other hairs, so they fall out before they get longer.

Loviatar
December 12th, 2011, 05:07 PM
I have them and I have fine hair. I just sweep them out of the way with a bit of aloe vera gel. If they look pointed at the tips, they are baby hairs. Broken hairs don't tend to be as naturally pointed as new growth.

Welcome to LHC, your username is the same as one of my friends on a different forum, are you in the UK? :)

wurleyhead
December 12th, 2011, 06:14 PM
If they look pointed at the tips, they are baby hairs. Broken hairs don't tend to be as naturally pointed as new growth. :)

Exactly - If they are broken, then it could be your headbands rubbing your hair & breaking them (Hopefully, they are babies:) )

BerryFlap
December 13th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Baby hairs are generally (or at least, on me) really soft and whispy (and oddly enough, platinum blonde). Broken hairs would be thicker and probably have damage on the ends :)

WaitingSoLong
December 13th, 2011, 09:52 AM
I have these and they are new growth from a huge shed I had a little over a year ago. They are now about 6-7" long and still too short to make my up-do's and incredibly annoying. They are just new hairs.

I have had these all my life, every few years I have a big shed and when they all grow back in it is awkward for another year or so. I have a high school picture of me with a whole row of them looking like some wicked widow's peak (I don't wear fringe). I swear they are like shark teeth and I get a new "row" of hair every year but my hairline never moves. LOL.

blondie9912
December 13th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Most people have them, they're typically referred to as baby hairs. They have a shorter terminal length and are especially fine, so be gentle with them! Ps, arent fabric headbands awesome? I wear them all the time :)