PDA

View Full Version : Long Hair is scientifically awesome!

hoopster
December 12th, 2011, 10:18 AM
http://www.sott.net/articles/show/234783-The-Truth-About-Hair-and-Why-Indians-Would-Keep-Their-Hair-Long

survival skills...this is a fascinating article!

not sure if it belong in the mane forum or somewhere else, but amazing nonetheless :)
img, #cubbies-overlay{ -moz-transition-property: margin, box-shadow, z-index; -moz-transition-duration: 0.1s; -webkit-transition-property: margin, box-shadow, z-index; -webkit-transition-duration: 0.1s; } .cubbies-selected{ z-index: 9999; box-shadow: 3px 3px 8px -1px blue !important; cursor: pointer !important; margin: -3px 3px 3px -3px; } .cubbies-selected:active{ box-shadow: 2px 2px 5px -1px darkblue !important; margin: -1px 1px 1px -1px; } #cubbies-overlay{ position: fixed; z-index: 9999; bottom: 30px; left: 30px; box-shadow: 0 2px 3px rgba(0,0,0,0.8); border: none; } #cubbies-overlay:hover{ box-shadow: 0 2px 3px rgb(0,0,0); }

Amber_Maiden
December 12th, 2011, 10:21 AM
I've already seen this posted on the board several times...

Schrei777
December 12th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Wow, that is so awesome. I would have never thought of hair as being an extension of our nerves, but it makes sense. Yay, another motivation for getting long hair!

pepperminttea
December 12th, 2011, 10:34 AM
As Amber_Maiden said, it's been posted quite a bit recently. Here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=83495)'s one other thread on the subject, four days old.

"Scientific" isn't quite the word I'd use.

morrigan*
December 12th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Doesn't someone post this post every week ?
I don't mean anything bad, but still.

hoopster
December 12th, 2011, 11:18 AM
i'm really sorry i didn't see it...what a welcoming community this is...

hoopster
December 12th, 2011, 11:22 AM
well, anywho, i'll gladly delete. how do i do that?

slz
December 12th, 2011, 11:27 AM
You don't, it's ok - people just inform you that it's been discussed several times already, so mainly your thread might just die by itsef because, well, people are not going to be as enthusiasticly debating the third time around :D.

spidermom
December 12th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Do check out the discussion in the two similar threads, though. You're right; it's very interesting!

CastaDiva
December 12th, 2011, 11:32 AM
well, anywho, I'll gladly delete. how do i do that?

I don't think you can delete, but don't worry, you're not the first to start a thread that has been around a few times already ;)

almond
December 12th, 2011, 11:50 AM
I think that's a common reaction and you shouldn't take it personally. If you are not here 24/24 you can easily miss threads that others read earlier.
There are other cultures and religions too that seem to show there is connection between hair and the spiritual world/powers. Scientific or not, I found the article interesting

spidermom
December 12th, 2011, 12:10 PM
P.S: Similar happened to me when I was new. I was told "learn to use the search function; this has been discussed many times."

ATrixie
December 12th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the thread anyway, it made me see the other two threads too! :)

Interesting read, hehe... Interesting how people's perception of the article was different based on whether the 'source' was FB or 'a legit site'... :) ?

sun-kissed
December 12th, 2011, 12:31 PM
P.S: Similar happened to me when I was new. I was told "learn to use the search function; this has been discussed many times."

Haha, I believe I was told those exact same words on my first thread. This is the first forum I've been a part of that encourages keeping old threads alive, and using the search function.

Don't take it personally, hoopster, it's natural to not see threads if you're not on here 24/7! Thank you for pointing the other thread and the article out for me, I had missed it as well and it does look interesting.

vanity_acefake
December 12th, 2011, 12:38 PM
I have read it and it certainly is very interesting.
Don't worry that others have posted it too.
It's lovely that you and others found an interesting article and were kind enough to share it.
:)

AlannaMaria
December 12th, 2011, 01:12 PM
i'm really sorry i didn't see it...what a welcoming community this is...

Meh, don't take it personally. It's pretty hard to know what to search for when you get excited to have found something interesting, especially when you're new. Welcome to the boards, though! : )