PDA

View Full Version : Korean Hair Show

Paranda Belle
December 12th, 2011, 04:40 AM
Not exactly lhc friendly, but still rather stunning!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguardian/shortcuts/gallery/2011/dec/07/1#/?picture=382952365&index=0

Dorothy
December 12th, 2011, 06:54 AM
Looks to me like no hair was harmed in the production of those hairstyles, looks like no hair involved at all.

gretchen_hair
December 12th, 2011, 07:00 AM
I don't see this becoming a huge fad. It would be cumbersome to wear those styles, not to mention that it would probably take hours and hours to obtain the end result and I bet it weighs quite a bit.

Ishje
December 12th, 2011, 07:10 AM
I think it looks great! I mean, like most sorts of high fashion it is not wearable, but it looks cool ;)
I think it is more ment as a form of art...

sonng
December 12th, 2011, 09:50 AM
:D Looks cool but at the same time funny :misskim:

Amber_Maiden
December 12th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Woah. Just woah...

I used to be a hair model, and even when they look like they aren't hurting your hair- they are. They bobby pin, they straighten iron it, and they add everything to it- extensions, wig bits etc. It hurts your scalp if nothing else.
It was pretty good money though. But totally not worth it if you want to keep your hair healthy.

Amber_Maiden
December 12th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Sorry.. it posted twice.. gah.

Rockferry
December 12th, 2011, 10:10 AM
While those are cool looking, it's not something I would do to my own hair.

ericthegreat
December 12th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Being a hairstylist myself, I've been to a few hair fashion shows. This particular Korean hair show was I admit, out there, but nothing out of the ordinary from the ones I've been too.

The whole purpose of these shows IS the shock factor. From the "hair as high as the sky" sculptures, to all the crazy colored wigs and extensions, its all about being provocative, its purposely meant to make you go "What the bleep is he or she wearing on his/her head?"

Certainly, no one except for Lady Gaga would walk out the street with their hair like that everyday.