PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Women's Bao Shi

wurleyhead
December 11th, 2011, 09:02 PM
Hi everyone! I found LHC several weeks back & have been reading since. There sure are a lot of knowledgeable people here, I am truly impressed.

My "biggest" problem is my hair is getting thinner & thinner & I need a miracle cure.

The guy that owns a health store gave me a pamplet about a product called Advanced Women's Bao Shi. He said he had a lot of customers who used it with good results. But, I know he is there to sell his products. Does anyone know anything about this product or has anyone used it. I have googled it, but most reviews are from their site, except Amazon & a few swear it works & one says it is crap.

I would appreciate any help or information

amberpotamus
December 11th, 2011, 09:26 PM
I'm really curious to see any responses to this! It seems like there are so many Asian people with such long terminal lengths, and I've always assumed it was genetic. I still imagine that that is at the very least part of it, but I wonder if Asian herbs are a significant factor at all...

wurleyhead
December 12th, 2011, 04:06 AM
I am hopiing someone knows something about this. I sure wish it would work. I need to find something that works, because my hair is getting so thin.

Alvrodul
December 12th, 2011, 04:12 AM
Sounds too good to be true. Which means it probably is.

I expect you will get just as good a result with ordinary vitamin and mineral supplements.

wurleyhead
December 12th, 2011, 04:16 AM
That is what I am afraid of, but I keep hoping!

I do take good vitamins, including biotin, but it just seems like it keeps coming out.

wurleyhead
December 12th, 2011, 04:19 AM
By the way Alvrodul, I love your hair! Your braid is so thick, it is beautiful. Love the color too.

Aveyronnaise
December 12th, 2011, 04:30 AM
That is what I am afraid of, but I keep hoping!

I do take good vitamins, including biotin, but it just seems like it keeps coming out.

If you are interested in a Chinese medicine approach , why not go see a Acupuncturist?
They are very effective for many complaints and often prescribe herbs.
Also they go to like at least 5 years of school versus , just work in a health food store.

Miss Maisie
December 12th, 2011, 05:03 AM
Just to add to what Aveyronnaise said - my Acupuncturist was an herbalist. Between the acupuncture and the herbs he basically knocked out my allergies. I don't know how things like that would work for hair loss, but hey - it might be worth a phone call!

wurleyhead
December 12th, 2011, 05:20 AM
That sounds very interesting. I live in a small town & I have never heard of anyone doing or receiving acupuncture. I will check to see where the nearest one would be. I am sure it would be several hours away from me. But still sounds very interesting!

The herbs is what I was told is in the Bao Shi. But it is probably just a gimmick. I sure wish it would be true & help my hair loss!

longhairedleah
December 12th, 2011, 11:41 AM
I've never heard of this, but in my lurking and searching (here and other places), castor oil really thickens hair (it definitely did on my eyebrows). My mom said that back in Iran people used it all the time to make their hair thicker, and more.

Also, rosemary oil, lavender oil, and other essential oils rubbed on your head (diluted in a carrier oil, such as castor oil) should help as well. There have been some scientific evidence for it. While their methods weren't flawless, the results were pretty fantastic.

I also found a scientific article that shows that the green tea antioxidant ECGC is a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor, so can stop hair loss (similar way as rogaine). I'm sure you can use it topically, and drinking green tea would also be beneficial (for your heart too!!)

(I haven't been losing hair, but I googled and searched scientific articles just out of curiosity when I was looking for ways to possibly make my hair stronger/grow faster.... also, I am a science student, hence the geeky interest haha)

If you google these things I'm sure you'll find more information.

Never heard of "bao shi" though....

longhairedleah
December 12th, 2011, 11:42 AM
seeing a doctor about it also probably wouldn't help. They learn a thing or two in med school ;)

longhairedleah
December 12th, 2011, 11:42 AM
seeing a doctor about it also probably wouldn't help. They learn a thing or two in med school ;)

sorry!!! i meant to write it wouldn't HURT to see a doctor!! haha. Sorry if I offended any doctors out there!

(and sorry for my multiple posting! I can't edit my posts!)

|Xei
December 12th, 2011, 12:46 PM
If you can't find an acupuncturist, you could go check out a Chinese medicine/herbal shop. Many actually have a doctor in the back who can take a look at you and then prescribe a formula for you, which you can then buy at the shop itself.

ATrixie
December 12th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Do you eat enough protein?
My hair grew like crazy (and was pretty strong too) when I was eating lots of protein...
Some minerals and vitamins can be a factor too, yup - you can keep (approximate) track of them on fitday.com or such... (there's no use in taking supplements for something you get enough of in everyday nutrition.. nutrition is always the best source of vitamins and minerals anyway... :))

Good luck with the hair!

PS Be careful with Chinese supplements, and research fully, some Chinese herbs/preparations for traditional medicine contained iffy ingredients, so it's good to double-check