PDA

View Full Version : Can Diluted Clarifying Shampoo be used for CWC?

CariadA
December 11th, 2011, 03:06 PM
I have been experimenting with CWC and have run out of regular shampoo. I was wondering if it would be too harsh to use the clarifying shampoo I already have (VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze) diluted in water even if I do not need to clarify yet.
Thanks!

isabelx
December 11th, 2011, 03:24 PM
I don't see why not :) if there are many/harsh sulfates I would be sure to dilute it a lot if you're going to use it regularly.

gazelle
December 11th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Diluting is a good idea. In addition you may strech your washings, so it would be less damaging (if it is still damaging when diluted)

CariadA
December 11th, 2011, 03:55 PM
I don't see why not :) if there are many/harsh sulfates I would be sure to dilute it a lot if you're going to use it regularly.

Thanks! I was diluting the other shampoo I had been using a lot as well. I had been doing CO, so when I decided to try CWC I just used up the end of an old bottle of shampoo. I used a few tablespoons of shampoo in a condiment bottle and then topped off the bottle with filtered water. That mix lasted me about three weeks.

Diluting is a good idea. In addition you may strech your washings, so it would be less damaging (if it is still damaging when diluted)

I am definitely trying to stretch my washes as much as I can! The reason I switched from CO to CWC was to try and stretch my washes even more.

HintOfMint
December 11th, 2011, 04:28 PM
With CWC, it really only matters what your scalp likes. If it digs the diluted clarifying shampoo, by all means, use it!

celebriangel
December 12th, 2011, 02:00 AM
Eh. Shampoo is shampoo is shampoo. Pretty much all sulphate-containing shampoos are the same, just the clarifying ones don't have buildup-causing ingredients in them that some other shampoos do.

So...as long as you dilute *very* well, and your scalp is happy, you should be okay.

hanne jensen
December 12th, 2011, 02:48 AM
I'm going to try this too. Thanks, CariadA for posting this question.