PDA

View Full Version : Hair Did

BeccaAngel
December 10th, 2011, 04:27 PM
i got my hair done at school today in a roller set :P Do you like it?

front
http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx114/annalevion/Hair/nicelydone.jpg

side
http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx114/annalevion/Hair/fromthesidebaby.jpg

Kristin
December 10th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Cute! Did you use magnetic rollers?

BeccaAngel
December 10th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Cute! Did you use magnetic rollers?
actually yes we did :)

Yozhik
December 10th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Nice big curls -- I especially like how swoopy it is in the front! :)

Amber_Maiden
December 10th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Very cute!

Lianna
December 10th, 2011, 05:06 PM
I kinda really like that expression "hair did"! The curls look lovely! :blossom:

jacqueline101
December 10th, 2011, 05:13 PM
I think your big curls look nice.

shellwe
December 10th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Nice curls : )

skyblue
December 10th, 2011, 06:52 PM
my hubby uses that term! The first time I heard him say it I was like wha??? then just laughed
your hair looks really cute btw!!!

Annibelle
December 10th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Cute! I wish I weren't awful at curling hair. I have a Caruso set that's fun to use, but I just don't know how to place curlers. :(

MotherGoddess
December 10th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Those are gorgeous curls. I've been trying to get my hair to do that, but it's impossibly thick and with three little ones I get about -2 minutes a day to spend on my hair.

BeccaAngel
December 11th, 2011, 12:42 PM
thank you very much :)

Hollyfire3
December 11th, 2011, 12:45 PM
I love your curls! Tried hot rollers once, like the post above, my hair is impossibly thick. The whole set of rollers only did like a quater of my hair. I also got the rollers stuck in my hair.. . not fun. Glad you were more succesful, how exactly was it done?

BeccaAngel
December 11th, 2011, 01:03 PM
I love your curls! Tried hot rollers once, like the post above, my hair is impossibly thick. The whole set of rollers only did like a quater of my hair. I also got the rollers stuck in my hair.. . not fun. Glad you were more succesful, how exactly was it done?
my friend did it with wet styling, using water, gel, magnetic rollers and clips.

spidermom
December 11th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Cute! I wish I weren't awful at curling hair. I have a Caruso set that's fun to use, but I just don't know how to place curlers. :(

Google "hair setting diagrams". There are pictures.

Hollyfire3
December 11th, 2011, 06:41 PM
my friend did it with wet styling, using water, gel, magnetic rollers and clips.

Oh wow, how was it not crunchy? did it take forvere to dry? i think mine would. . .

Kristin
December 11th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Oh wow, how was it not crunchy? did it take forvere to dry? i think mine would. . .

If you have thick hair, don't do a wet set. I usually let mine dry completely before setting it on any type of rollers.

Hollyfire3
December 11th, 2011, 07:16 PM
If you have thick hair, don't do a wet set. I usually let mine dry completely before setting it on any type of rollers.

Oh thanks i was gonna try it next time i washed my hair. . . wonder how long THAT would have taken...lets see 4-5 hrs to dry naturally with a fan on in the room on high. . .rollers+sticky, wet hairgel=icky, wet, not good hair. . .so you just let your hair dry, THEN set it, that makes more sense, now to find enough rollers to do this with...

daniew0708
December 11th, 2011, 07:20 PM
super nice curls

Lianna
December 11th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Oh thanks i was gonna try it next time i washed my hair. . . wonder how long THAT would have taken...lets see 4-5 hrs to dry naturally with a fan on in the room on high. . .rollers+sticky, wet hairgel=icky, wet, not good hair. . .so you just let your hair dry, THEN set it, that makes more sense, now to find enough rollers to do this with...

If I roll my hair dry, it won't set. It's just like pulling a curl, it goes back. It needs to be at least 40% damp. Not everyone needs gel too, it makes my hair "hard" which isn't a good feeling for everyday.

For just an occassion many people don't care, everyday, I could not use gel (even aloe vera).

Hollyfire3
December 11th, 2011, 07:25 PM
If I roll my hair dry, it won't set. It's just like pulling a curl, it goes back. It needs to be at least 40% damp. Not everyone needs gel too, it makes my hair "hard" which isn't a good feeling for everyday.

For just an occassion many people don't care, everyday, I could not use gel (even aloe vera).

How long does your hair take to dry in the rollers? I see that your avatar says your hair is thick, so maybe the times will be the same for me?

BeccaAngel
December 11th, 2011, 09:00 PM
There wasn't a lot of gel and my hair absorbs moisture real quick, that and its fine (thin) so it dried in like 45 minutes. also it was shampooed and conditioned right before it was done. it lasted me till i washed my hair again. which i didn't mind because i love curls but its hard to sleep in with my hair styled.

Lianna
December 11th, 2011, 09:13 PM
How long does your hair take to dry in the rollers? I see that your avatar says your hair is thick, so maybe the times will be the same for me?

My hair is short though and I don't do this often, I'd say about 7 hours. I'd sleep with it to make sure it sets.

anikadear
December 12th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Good thing I read through this, because I sure was going to wet set my hair. I would have been under the dryer for HOURS. My hair already takes most of a day to dry even with it down. Sheesh. I think I'll have to leave it at least 40% wet like a previous poster suggested or it won't set at all.