PDA

View Full Version : I can't wait to be a "real" LHC member!

Jessibear2854
December 10th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Haha. Just sayin'.

It seems like every time I see a thread that looks really interesting there are all these pictures that I can't see yet. It's kinda sad:confused: Oh, well. I'll get there soon enough!

Now my hair, OTOH... I dunno how long it will be until it's "really" long!

RapunzelKat
December 10th, 2011, 04:56 PM
I felt the same way when I first joined - I was bummed when I couldn't see people's pictures! As you can see by my very recent join date, I spent a LOT of time finding threads I could contribute to so I could get to my 25 posts! :D

Hang in there, your hair will be long before you know it! :)

raveness13
December 10th, 2011, 05:00 PM
sigh...:( I feel the same way. Nice to know I'm not alone.

Rocket22
December 10th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Oh I totally understand. When I first joined I couldn't wait to see all the photos, you kinda feel left out not being able to see what people are talking about. Just keep contributing to the community and you will get there in no time. I think it's only 25 posts and you can see them. Welcome!!!

Lianna
December 10th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Funny, some people lurk for days/weeks/months before start posting. :) There's so much to read and learn here, I think it's nice to read a while to feel what the community is like. I see you're from september, you just need to get chattier. You can post in the off-topic aswell, if you don't have much to say or ask about hair yet. I personally prefer the hair section and give my opinion about anything I find interesting! :p

jacqueline101
December 10th, 2011, 05:19 PM
I felt the same way like its been stated contribute and it will arrive faster then you think 25 points that is. Welcome to the group.

novemberfoxtrot
December 10th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Ha! Me too!

kristib123
December 10th, 2011, 05:51 PM
I know exactly what you mean!! This is my first post so I really need to stop lurking and start asking these amazing experts. I have already learned so much just by lurking :)

Copasetic
December 10th, 2011, 05:52 PM
I've been around for a while, and I still don't feel like a "real" LHC member. :p

jesis
December 10th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Haha I felt this way recently about my 1,000th post. I couldn't wait to get there and I even went so far as to post on just about every thread I saw. I contributed about 150 posts in less than 2 weeks. :D

You can do it!

Achtland
December 10th, 2011, 07:21 PM
I feel the same way! And I guess since I am posting here that's a +1 towards my 25 to see pictures ;)

RiotPrrl
December 10th, 2011, 07:27 PM
I know! I can't wait 'til I'm at 25. Allthough, I've noticed that you end up answering to a lot of posts when you're digging through the Hair Polls & Projects board :D

Helene
December 10th, 2011, 07:28 PM
I'm in the same boat with you, but there is so much useful information on the site I've been reading in the mean time. I too will be excited to post and view photos.

WaterMusic
December 10th, 2011, 07:30 PM
When I was trying to get my 25 posts, I went to the Hair Polls & Projects section (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10) and posted in every single one I could find that had an easy answer.

highlightedmess
December 10th, 2011, 07:51 PM
I can't wait to get my 25 posts and so I can see all the henna and honey pictures! :D

KwaveT
December 10th, 2011, 08:26 PM
I think all of us can relate to this. I would be trying to click everybody's profile and was frustrated that I could not view them when I first started back in September. It doesn't take long to get to 25 posts though. That is the good part.

door72067
December 10th, 2011, 08:36 PM
I actually thought I was doing something wrong!

so...no...you're not alone

andreamuse
December 10th, 2011, 08:37 PM
I was clueless and I just thought everyone was having trouble posting their pictures, haha! And then I tried to post a pic and it didn't work and I felt all embarrassed when someone explained it to me. Apparently I'm really bad at reading about the rules when I first joined...lol!

Welcome!

Rilig
December 10th, 2011, 09:01 PM
I can't wait either! But mostly, I'm glad to be able to post at all. I was sooo impatient the week my account was being moderated. Oh well. The utter lack spam is worth it! Thanks mods.

MotherGoddess
December 10th, 2011, 09:19 PM
I'm excited to get there too. I have crazy thick hair, and am really looking for style ideas and want to see pictures of all you ladies gorgeous hair!

Lostsoule77
December 10th, 2011, 09:38 PM
I was like that at first too, and I had lurked for close to a year before I even joined. I just got tired of not seeing the pictures. :) Just go through and find threads that you have something to say in and post. The polls are a great place to do this as others have suggested. If you have pets that is another good section. If your a parent there is that section as well. Good luck. :)

dwell_in_safety
December 10th, 2011, 10:11 PM
I just joined a few days ago, so I definitely commiserate. Haha. Now I want to get to 100 posts and six weeks of membership so I can really be a real member. :P

I love being able to see pictures now. :) You'll get here soon enough. :D

Hypatia415
December 10th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Me too! But I don't feel knowledgeable enough yet to really contribute on a lot of topics...

justgreen
December 10th, 2011, 11:18 PM
I've been around for a while, and I still don't feel like a "real" LHC member. :p

Mmmm maybe we need someone to figure out just exactly what/who is a 'real' LHC member????:p

Lianna
December 10th, 2011, 11:30 PM
When I post photos in threads I try to stick with photobucket/any external source so the new members can see it too. The first time I read the henna pictures thread I was quite sad that most/lots of pictures I couldn't see or the poster said "check my album".

Ironically I said "check my profile" today, but it wasn't anything important, just as an extra reference/off-topic.

I think more people should use external picture sites if they are comfortable doing so.

Oksana
December 11th, 2011, 02:17 AM
I was exactly the same. It was especially long for me as i only tend to post on the site if i am really interested in a thread. Consequently i still have a low posting even though i am on the site practically everyday!

Like Lianna i always post my pictures with a hosting site so that newbies can see them :)

daniew0708
December 11th, 2011, 05:32 AM
Glad I am not the only one that feels this way.

Ki
December 11th, 2011, 06:45 AM
I know what you mean! I thought when I joined I'd be able to see everyone's pics straight away and then couldn't ?...It took me a while to figure it out... but I think it's a good idea, this way people can choose a level of privacy if they prefer. I can understand not everyone is comfortable posting photos so publicly. Just have to be patient... and post! :)

longhairedleah
December 11th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Haha I felt this way recently about my 1,000th post. I couldn't wait to get there and I even went so far as to post on just about every thread I saw. I contributed about 150 posts in less than 2 weeks. :D

Do you get some extra privileges at 1000 posts? Or was it just the excitement of being so close to the number that made you post so much?

And I'm also pretty pumped to get to see everything! I was so confused when it took me a week to be able to use the site at all!! But now that I understand the moderation, I really appreciate it :)

Yozhik
December 11th, 2011, 07:10 AM
1000 posts plus one year membership gives you "guru" status, which means you can edit your user title (the thing underneath your screen name). :D

I remember waiting and waiting anxiously to get that one. :)
Now my goal is to make it into the 5 digits . . . which won't happen for at least 4 years or so. :p

vanity_acefake
December 11th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Welcome to you all. :)
I remember feeling the same as you all. Then the next goal is 100 posts. Then before you know it you are at 1000 and a guru.
I'm over 1000 and still know that there is so much to learn.
I'm at waist for the 1st time ever and now need to learn how to care for waist length hair and beyond.
:)

longhairedleah
December 11th, 2011, 07:27 AM
1000 posts plus one year membership gives you "guru" status, which means you can edit your user title (the thing underneath your screen name). :D

ooooh thanks! Then I can totally be patient about making it to that milestone! Maybe when my hair gets to my hips I'll be a guru! (currently bsl when curly, alllllllmoooost waist when I pull it, my pic is from May)

long&blonde
December 11th, 2011, 09:21 AM
I totally agree. Was so cool when I could see the pictures others were talking about.
It will go quick,getting to 25 posts. Look at posts w/people asking opinions on their hair. Everyones hair is so beautiful,in its own way:it is easy to comment. :)

serin blackwood
December 11th, 2011, 09:38 AM
I would love to see the pictures, too, but I am so un-chatty! I'll try the polls and pets, though, I'm sure it will be worth the effort : )

Georgies
December 11th, 2011, 10:09 AM
I can't wait either! But mostly, I'm glad to be able to post at all. I was sooo impatient the week my account was being moderated. Oh well. The utter lack spam is worth it! Thanks mods.

exactly, I remember I was dying to ask questions before my account was approved and I couldn't! This is a really nicely moderated forum though.

EdG
December 11th, 2011, 10:19 AM
You'll get there. 25 posts (and later 100 posts) are pretty easy.

I knew about LHC but didn't join right away because I was put off by the probationary period. After joining LHC, I see that the waiting period is a good thing.

Long hair attracts unwanted attention, and this is true for both long-haired women and men. I have experienced this firsthand on another, more open discussion board.

So, LHC offers a minor inconvenience that weeds out the few problematic people and makes the board a better place for everyone else. :)
Ed

novemberfoxtrot
December 11th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Mmmm maybe we need someone to figure out just exactly what/who is a 'real' LHC member????:p

I guess it won't show your signature picture... But I LOVE how your hair has an ombre effect! It looks really amazing!

justgreen
December 11th, 2011, 09:59 PM
I guess it won't show your signature picture... But I LOVE how your hair has an ombre effect! It looks really amazing!

Thank you ! :flower:

Also, after reaching 'guru' status you get a bigger mailbox!!!:agape:

beccababesx
December 12th, 2011, 12:40 AM
Haha I remember this! I just about contributed to every thread I saw, dying to see all the pretty hair :D looks like you've only got 7 posts left OP! :)

beccababesx
December 12th, 2011, 12:45 AM
Long hair attracts unwanted attention, and this is true for both long-haired women and men. I have experienced this firsthand on another, more open discussion board.

So, LHC offers a minor inconvenience that weeds out the few problematic people and makes the board a better place for everyone else. :)
Ed

This is true, this forum is probably the best moderated I have ever come across. The long waiting period is a small price to pay for the friendly and lovely atmosphere here at the LHC. The way I see it is, your wait to get to 25 posts is a chance for the mods to spot you, and if you're a nasty spam person or only here looking for f*t*sh purposes - you're OUT :D :spam: hehehe. I do notice there are a lottt of banned people, which I actually appreciate. I've only once come across any nastiness here, and both parties were promptly banned :p if only life had LHC moderators...

shump76
December 12th, 2011, 03:55 AM
I've never been a member of a forum that was as well moderated as this one seems to be. Really great atmosphere. I can't wait to be able to see all the pictures either!

wurleyhead
December 12th, 2011, 03:59 AM
Another one wanting to get over that 25 post #. It seems like everytime I click on something I get that infamous "Wurleyhead, you do not have permission, blah, blah, blah. . . . Log Out Home"

white.chocolate
December 12th, 2011, 04:10 AM
Same here. I can't see the albums in the threads.

Xandergrammy
December 12th, 2011, 04:18 AM
Keep posting, sweetie, and you'll be a "real" member in no time! Welcome! :flowers:

hanne jensen
December 12th, 2011, 05:15 AM
Keep posting. You'll be able to see pics in no time. Welcome!

Rockferry
December 12th, 2011, 05:19 AM
I have been feeling the exact same way!

EleanorD
December 12th, 2011, 05:38 AM
Yeah I'm in the same boat too, I have no idea how many posts I have got until I get there but can't wait - I'm so impatient. I do find it amusing that I can't even view my own profile page!

longhairedleah
December 12th, 2011, 05:42 AM
Yeah I'm in the same boat too, I have no idea how many posts I have got until I get there but can't wait - I'm so impatient. I do find it amusing that I can't even view my own profile page!

haha, very true! never thought about that... now I'm curious what it looks like!! :)

Schrei777
December 12th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Me too! I can't wait to see all the pictures. And to be able to put up a profile picture since I forgot to when I first signed up.

Rockferry
December 12th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Me too! I can't wait to see all the pictures. And to be able to put up a profile picture since I forgot to when I first signed up.
Me too! Also I didn't do my hair info on the side right. lol

longhairedleah
December 12th, 2011, 09:59 AM

Me too! Also I didn't do my hair info on the side right. lol

oh you two can both fix those things even before we get our "privileges"! At least I am able to (and have already)....
Click on "User CP" and you can edit your avatar and your information and whatnot :)

Just can't see how it looks for other people to see it...

Rockferry
December 12th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Thank you. I didn't know that. How do I know what all those letters and numbers mean for my hair info?

longhairedleah
December 12th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Thank you. I didn't know that. How do I know what all those letters and numbers mean for my hair info?

I've been trying to figure it out as I go. The numbers are in inches, measured from your hairline, over your head, and draped back to check length.

APL is armpit length, bsl is bra strap, wsl is waist....

I originally had numbers, but my hair length changes so much because of the state of my curls that I found measuring with inches was inaccurate...

Jessibear2854
December 12th, 2011, 12:00 PM
I'm getting closer! Went on an adventure in polls yesterday and I think that helped, though I'm not sure if you can just vote or if you have to make a reply to the thread to get points. I also visited the pet one. I never realized there were so many other forums around here :)

Rockferry
December 12th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Do you know how to do the hair type classifiers?

longhairedleah
December 12th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Do you know how to do the hair type classifiers?

there is this article: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=5
which i found helpful.

I'm still not 100% sure of what I am though. At first I'd put 3b/c, but I'm not sure if I'm really that curly, so I downgraded myself... and it really depends on the day for my curls! aah well haha

Rockferry
December 12th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Thanks again. I was looking for something like that.

longhairedleah
December 12th, 2011, 01:31 PM
no problem! glad i could help :)

shesasmartass
December 12th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Same boat here... I am eventually going to get 25 posts. I practicing my patience since I know growing my hair out from a pixie will take all the patience I can muster.

Rockferry
December 12th, 2011, 05:43 PM
I finally made it! I like to talk though. lol

novemberfoxtrot
December 12th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Mine won't move from "posts: 14". : (

novemberfoxtrot
December 12th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Mine won't move from "posts: 14". : (

I wish I could edit my post instead of posting again...but at least it's +1 closer to 25.

Seems like posting to the other forums doesn't count. My number is going up now!