PDA

View Full Version : Long dark hair with bangs

Aliped
December 10th, 2011, 03:02 PM
You see long dark hair with bangs a lot less frequently than long hair without bangs. I have bangs and tailbone dark hair, so I'm always interested to see something similar, either in real life, or the media.

Here is a perfume ad with a model who has bsl dark hair and bangs.

http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&sa=X&biw=1016&bih=560&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&tbnid=Zdbpxb0YkMigwM:&imgrefurl=http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/2009/10/balenciaga-paris-new-fragrance.html&docid=2TqJUzjErErF5M&imgurl=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_07ZCTLt21Co/SxaISL60MfI/AAAAAAAADy0/lv8HyiEN2j0/s400/Balenciaga%252BParis%252Bnew%252Bperfume%252Bwith% 252BCharlotte%252BGainsbourg%252Bby%252BStene%252B Meisel.jpg&w=329&h=400&ei=_dTjTvPJKeeniALuyJmwBg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=81&vpy=114&dur=186&hovh=248&hovw=204&tx=109&ty=121&sig=111604660330061550021&page=1&tbnh=117&tbnw=86&start=0&ndsp=19&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0

HintOfMint
December 10th, 2011, 03:11 PM
I love Charlotte Gainsbourg's style...

jacqueline101
December 10th, 2011, 03:53 PM
I think bangs are divine myself I have blondette hair with pixie bangs.

Gothchiq
December 10th, 2011, 04:00 PM
I have hair like that. It isn't quite BSL due to a recent necessary trim, but I have always had bangs due to my face shape and hairline.

Kristin
December 10th, 2011, 04:36 PM
My hair was like that last year. There are pics in my album. I liked it, but I get bored quickly and am constantly cutting/growing-out bangs.

Lianna
December 10th, 2011, 04:36 PM
First hair I thought about:
http://www.sofeminine.co.uk/star/pictures-145631-anne-hathaway-devil-wears-prada.html

Her hair was BSL in the movie, I think.

Navydoc_76
December 10th, 2011, 04:44 PM
how true-i dont know of anyone but me that has dark, longer hair with bangs.. guess ive never thought of it! haha

luxepiggy
December 10th, 2011, 05:12 PM
IIRC, Juneii had bangs last time I saw her (^(oo)^)v

You can also ask in the Dark Hair thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=59231)!

natnatsmama
December 10th, 2011, 05:27 PM
I have long dark hair and bangs! It is such a simple style that I don't really even have to style it.

kwaniesiam
December 10th, 2011, 05:34 PM
That makes me think of Mia Kirshner, she's sported that look for a while now.

Miss Catrina
December 10th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Longhairs seem oddly opposed to bangs sometimes. I once heard someone say that bangs cause the hair to grow slower, because your body knows there's a shorter area of hair and tries to grow those before anything else... Thinking it's not true.

Lianna
December 10th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Oh, I think Venefica has bangs. Her profile: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=17907

luxepiggy
December 10th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Longhairs seem oddly opposed to bangs sometimes. I once heard someone say that bangs cause the hair to grow slower, because your body knows there's a shorter area of hair and tries to grow those before anything else... Thinking it's not true.

I think part of the issue is that if you cut bangs and don't like them, then the longer your hair is, the longer it will take for the bangs to grow out enough to match the rest of the hair. So the average longhair would be risking several years of growth, instead of a year or even less for those with shorter styles. I recently cut some face framing wispy bits, but I thought about it for a long, long time because I didn't want to be stuck waiting years for the shorter front sections to grow out again.

Raiscake
December 10th, 2011, 07:09 PM
I had bangs for 4+ years, ranging different lengths and styles. I just recently grew them out, but I'm thinking of getting them cut in again. Oh bangs, I wish I knew how to quit you.

Juneii
December 10th, 2011, 07:22 PM
IIRC, Juneii had bangs last time I saw her (^(oo)^)v

You can also ask in the Dark Hair thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=59231)!

Yes I did! However I am growing them out. I've been going back and forth between keeping them and for now I want to be able to pull all of my hair back away from my face :) I've chosen to grow them out mostly because I want to wear my glasses more often and my dark bangs clash with my thick dark framed eyeglasses.

ETA: Raiscake, I totally understand what you mean! I would grow out my bangs to a decent length to pin back and then I start getting urges to have bangs again. Not this time! Maybe I should look into clip in bangs...

Orangerthanred
December 10th, 2011, 07:23 PM
A lot of people with light hair have bangs too... And I can name many people with longish dark hair that have no bangs.

silverjen
December 10th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Oh bangs, I wish I knew how to quit you.

Lolol, this is me exactly! I start growing them out, then get them cut back in, then think they would be nicer grown out... Over and over again! I guess the grass is always greener.

Kaelee
December 10th, 2011, 07:53 PM
I think bangs look great on the right person...I'm pretty sure I'm not that person lol. They look awful on people who aren't suited to them. It's amazing how much they completely change your look, more than anything else IMO.

ETA: I DO have long (long, like, chin length and growing) side bangs though. But not the forehead-covering kind.

hypersensitive
December 10th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Juneii, you're so pretty in your avatar pic!!

haha I just had to say that, sorry for the hijack.

I actually have bangs. My friend noob-ily (yes, that is now a word) cut sideswept bangs on me. It was really nice, besides the fact that she used a razor EEEKKK! I've gotten over that by now...sort of... Those bangs ended right around my eyebrow. That was back in June. Now that 6 months have past, they've grown enough to graze my jaw. I really liked them because they frame my face when I put my hair in an updo, otherwise they blend right into the rest of my hair. The only downside is that they get very oily very fast. *sigh* I dunno if I want to get bangs again...

DarleneH
December 10th, 2011, 08:57 PM
As far as celebrities, I saw a recently- filmed TV special about Shania Twain this week and she has fairly long hair with bangs. I'm thinking seriously of cutting some myself again.

christi.adell
December 10th, 2011, 09:04 PM
I think Zooey Deschanel does dark hair with bangs the best. Her hair always looks really cute.

http://www.glamour.com/beauty/blogs/girls-in-the-beauty-department/2011/10/04/1005-zooey_deschanel_perfect_hair_bd.jpg

Juneii
December 10th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Juneii, you're so pretty in your avatar pic!!

haha I just had to say that, sorry for the hijack.

I actually have bangs. My friend noob-ily (yes, that is now a word) cut sideswept bangs on me. It was really nice, besides the fact that she used a razor EEEKKK! I've gotten over that by now...sort of... Those bangs ended right around my eyebrow. That was back in June. Now that 6 months have past, they've grown enough to graze my jaw. I really liked them because they frame my face when I put my hair in an updo, otherwise they blend right into the rest of my hair. The only downside is that they get very oily very fast. *sigh* I dunno if I want to get bangs again...

aww thank you! :D

I have to agree with the oily bangs - gah! when I had my blunt bangs I had to wash it nearly every day so it would look presentable. I did taper my bangs with a razor, because I had to trim my hair so often there isn't enough time for the tips of my bangs to get visible damage before I have to cut it off.

Zooey Deschanel is so pretty! I wish my bangs flipped up like that but sadly it did not.

Mayflower
December 11th, 2011, 10:10 AM
I have long dark hair with bangs but I think they are not the kind of bangs most people on here like haha. They're very short and asymmetric. I always need my bangs to be above my eyebrows, I don't like bangs that end right above my eyes. Eyebrows frame the face more than bangs do in my opinion:D

Bri925
December 11th, 2011, 10:23 AM
I always go from bangs to no bangs. I don't like them this time around....boo so I have been taking all kinds of vitamins, doing oils and massages to get my hair to grow.

DarleneH
December 11th, 2011, 11:47 AM
I think Zooey Deschanel does dark hair with bangs the best. Her hair always looks really cute.

I love her hair, and would cut mine into that style except I have kind of a long/large nose. It's not overly large, but is just enough that I'm afraid this kind of bangs look would draw attention to it and make it seem so. If it were smaller, more in proportion with what hers is, I'd be OK with it.

Back to the original question: I just came across this video that shows a girl with long hair and bangs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1SKh5aUQQo&feature=related

Hollyfire3
December 11th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Here's what comes to my mind, don't think her hair is really considered long here (at all!), but it sure is pretty, I love it!

Ok fine, the pic won't show up but, It is Piper Halliwell on Charmed in the 1st season.

HumanBean
December 11th, 2011, 01:08 PM
I have long (or almost APL) hair with bangs. My natural color is a deep chocolate.

I had bangs most of my young life and only grew them out in my thirties because my husband asked me to. I wore my hair without bangs or with long sides wept bangs for a decade. Last year I cut the blunt bangs back in. I've gotten tons of compliments since. I don't think I'm likely to grow them out again. I think I just look better with them.