PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful compliment on my hair!

Alvrodul
December 10th, 2011, 11:30 AM
I have had a rather full autumn - I have moved, my brother and his family have moved - they have moved all the way to the other side of the world, literally - from Norway to Australia - and there have been a lot of large and small things for me to fix and do.
Including helping my brother sell the house.
Today, the family who bought my brothers house wanted to come in and take some measurements, and the whole family came along - mom, dad and two girls around 6 or 7 years old, and a baby about 5 months old. I "babysat" the baby a bit, and took down my hair to let her play with my braid. She seemed to like holding it and stroking the tassel. :D The older girls saw what I was doing and started oohing and aahing over the length of my hair - and since it recently reached tailbone, I suspect I am now firmly in the "freakishly long hair" category to non-LHCers.:D
I chatted a bit with the girls, and one of them told me that she really wanted long hair, and I recommended that she learn to braid it, since it won't get tangled when it is braided.
They also liked my color, which allowed me to mention henna to them. :D

I also happened to mention LHC, and told them that there were a few on here who have hair "all the way to the floor." Now, that is really long, and the girls thought so too!:D :cheese:

Aveyronnaise
December 10th, 2011, 11:52 AM
That's so sweet , I love little girls !

giuditta
December 10th, 2011, 12:12 PM
This is so funny, I just started a similar thread! Isn't it wonderful to get a nice hair compliment!

Rhodugune
December 10th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Thank you for sharing this lovely monment with us, they sound like such sweet girls. :flower:

NymphSpirit
December 10th, 2011, 01:05 PM
That's so sweet!! Little girls always make such sweet compliments, once one from my school told me I looked like a princess, I almost fall off the stairs! It sure lightened up your whole week, no? :D

Amber_Maiden
December 10th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Aw! Cute! :D

jacqueline101
December 10th, 2011, 03:40 PM
That's a very nice story. I'm glad you got the chance to educate the girls on henna and hair care.

Jessibear2854
December 10th, 2011, 04:17 PM
How sweet! I can't wait to have people ooh and ahh over my hair. The closest thing I've experienced so far was when I arrived at the preschool I teach in Monday morning after I heena'ed. One of the little girls immediately came up to me and asked "How do you even get hair that color?" Haha. Kids.

Oh and Alvrodul, I love your braid in your sig pic! It's beautiful.

raveness13
December 10th, 2011, 05:08 PM
That is so cute and sweet! I remember being that young and always wanting long hair! (drifts off into memory land)

mom2fourgirls
December 10th, 2011, 05:18 PM
I love little girls too :) that is so nice that they loved your hair and wanted theirs like it :) feels great to get compliments