PDA

View Full Version : hair right along hairline on forehead taking forever?

dd22
December 9th, 2011, 08:03 PM
I had the most horrible haircut ever 6 months ago and have been growing my hair out,,,the front was cut way too short.

However, I am noticing very fine har on top of my forehead that just does not seem to be growing...it feels like it has a different texture...its kinda underneath my other hair

can anyone tell me whats going on :( why isnt it growing? is it normal?

Madora
December 9th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Not all hair on the head grows at the same rate. The hairs right along the hairline are especially fragile so you need to take care to treat them gently (i.e. no heat styling/straightening/hot curlers, etc.).

I've noticed that my front hairline hairs never grow much and stay relatively short (under 3 inches).

Perhaps you might try gentle scalp massage to encourage more circulation to your scalp. Good luck!

danacc
December 9th, 2011, 09:04 PM
I have short wispy hair all around my hairline. The terminal length ranges from about 1 inch to 5 inches or so. It never gets longer. The ones at my nape tend to make ringlets, especially if it is humid. The rest of my hair waves slightly.

It softens up-do's, which is nice when it is behaving instead of sticking out oddly!

Lianna
December 9th, 2011, 09:17 PM
It's normal, the front of my hair is finer and grows slower.

Inching Along
December 9th, 2011, 11:47 PM
I have always had what I call "baby bangs" along my hairline. They don't get longer than about 2 inches. I don't know why they don't grow, and I always thought they looked funny, but they are under my growing-out bangs. I don't think I'll ever wear my hair all swept back because the baby bangs will be there...sometimes I wish they would get longer, but I think, now that I'm 43 and have had them as long as I can remember, that they probably won't. Oh, well. :)

Hairy Monster
December 10th, 2011, 04:45 PM
I had a really good hairdresser once, she said they are called baby hairs. Not everyone has them but they are more common on fine, lighter colour hair (apparently). They don't grow, but I think they are cute!

jacqueline101
December 10th, 2011, 05:24 PM
They're normal and I have them. All you can do is live with them.

piffyanne
December 11th, 2011, 12:31 AM
I had a hairdresser once who also said they were called baby hairs (mine reach terminal at about 5 inches, or maybe they just grow out and get replaced by new baby ones. They're constantly there, at all events.) She told me that her daughter had gotten sick of them and shaved them off, and looked REALLLY odd until they grew back. I think your best bet is leave them where they are, they're better than the alternative. :p

RapunzelKat
December 11th, 2011, 12:38 AM
I have a LOT of these things, my hairdresser also said they are called baby hairs. They're a bit of a pain, but mine got easier to deal with as my hair got longer. They kind of hide underneath it now, for the most part. Stretching washes was also helpful, as mine are so fine they can actually float around when they have no natural oil on them :rolleyes:

One time I got an updo and the stylist left them loose, then curled them when she was done. I had delicate little curls framing my face and around my head. They were so cute!

dd22
December 12th, 2011, 06:08 PM
thanks for the feedback!

It just looks really weird when i pull back the front...theyre so short compared to the rest of my hair...ugh this is why I had long hair for ages...why did I get it cut (and terribly too) They drive me crazyyyy!

UP Lisa
December 13th, 2011, 08:50 AM
I don't have these, but the hair in the front and sides doesn't get as long as the rest, and grows more slowly.

TinaRider
June 1st, 2020, 10:35 AM
My bang area doesn't seem to grow longer than around CBL no matter how long the rest of my hair is. I never cut it. It's long enough to put it up so it doesn't annoy me. I quite like that it gives me natural layers.:cool:

Bat
June 3rd, 2020, 07:48 AM
Baby hairs don't really grow long, I have a few too

Bat
June 3rd, 2020, 07:50 AM
Oop disregard this didn't realise the original poster made this in like 2011