PDA

View Full Version : Hair help

jacqueline101
December 9th, 2011, 06:45 PM
I noticed my hair has what appears to be fly aways but I've noticed they're growing longer and the ends aren't split. Are they new hairs?

My other question is I was at Sally Beauty Supplies and I came across Ion Shampoo and Conditioner that's suppose to straighten hair. I was wondering if it was good for your hair and if it even worked.

|Xei
December 9th, 2011, 07:45 PM
If the ends aren't split, I'm willing to bet they're new growth. That's awesome! If it's from breakage, you'll most likely find the ends split/crimped-looking (though I don't know if the latter might just apply to myself).

As for the S&C, well, haircare products that claim to straighten hair generally contains a few 'cones to weigh the hair down, and make it appear more sleek. 'Cones aren't necessarily bad, as they do work for many members of the board. So it really just depends on whether your hair likes cones or not.

Maybe you could post up the ingredients, and someone who's more ingredient savvy can tell you how it looks?

SunShinesOnWint
December 9th, 2011, 07:49 PM
I LOVE the waves in your hair :)

Roscata
December 10th, 2011, 04:44 AM
Yeah, those fly aways sound like new growth, congratulations!

I agree with |Xei, cones weigh down hair making it more straight. Some people reported their hair being straight after using pantene (Pantene made my hair straight! (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=79965)) because that brand is usually loaded with cones.

jacqueline101
December 10th, 2011, 07:04 AM
That picture is old taken in 05 after my spiral perm. Thanks for the compliment.