PDA

View Full Version : Horn Comb

cooklaezo13
December 9th, 2011, 04:21 PM
I just got a horn comb today and I already love it! It glides through my hair so much more smoothly than the plastic comb that I had been using, and best of all no hairs breaking! It even seems to hide the slight greasiness of my hair at the roots as I am currently working on improving how long I can stretch my washes.
The only downside is to be careful and gentle with the comb. I broke off four of the tines by accident while I was getting it out of the package :(. But it still works great though :)

Amber_Maiden
December 9th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Sounds like a very fragile comb! I don't have any experience with horn combs, just resin- and those never broke on me.

silverjen
December 9th, 2011, 07:11 PM
I find horn combs to be fairly sturdy. I've dropped mine any number of times, and I'm always expecting it to break, but it never does. Getting it out of the package really shouldn't cause it to break. Any chance you could return it?

Yozhik
December 9th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Glad you enjoy your horn comb! :)

I'm sorry to hear it broke almost immediately, though.

I have a horn comb which I really like for combing after detangling and scritching. I've dropped it a few times on carpet, but luckily thus far it hasn't broken. :)

cooklaezo13
December 9th, 2011, 09:54 PM
The comb came in the mail and I was tearing away at some thick bubble wrap when I pressed too hard with my thumb on a really delicate area. I thought about sending it back, especially as it was still partly in the packaging, but it is a fully functional comb and it only broke because of my own impatience
I'm really loving it so far
Yozhik you are lucky that your comb survived the fall :)

julliams
December 9th, 2011, 11:08 PM
Mine broke too and I still use it. I love mine as well.

PrairieRose
December 10th, 2011, 03:45 AM
I have two horn combs, a wide tooth and a fine tooth. I love them!

Lunarise
December 11th, 2011, 01:44 AM
Where do you ladies buy your horn combs?

Nynaeve
December 11th, 2011, 02:31 AM
Congrats on getting your comb! Sorry you broke it, I do hope the broken tines aren't jagged?

I miss mine! I wish I knew where they were. :(

Modarunner
December 11th, 2011, 02:38 AM
I'm glad you like your horn combs. I bought some back in October and I absolutely love them!

cooklaezo13
December 11th, 2011, 10:29 AM
@Nynaeve the broken tines broke clean off, then I used a metal nail file to smooth down the broken ends, so they are not jagged and even if they were, they wouldn't really touch my hair.
Someday I will get a new comb and be extra careful with it so that it doesn't break. For now this comb is more than sufficient, although slightly broken.

Scarlet_Heart
December 11th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Where do you ladies buy your horn combs?

I bought the wide-tooth horn comb from Heavenly Harvest, here (https://heavenlyharvest.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=80_61&products_id=119&zenid=h168c9qup99m9car9e4543veg1). I''ve had it almost a year and I love it. It's very sturdy and good at detangling. Slips nice, no breakage. Can use it on wet hair.

cooklaezo13
December 11th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Scarlet_Heart, those comb look really, really nice. I bought a cheap one on ebay that works great but is not so pretty.
There are some beautiful, beautiful horn combs on Mehandi http://www.mehandi.com/shop/combslight/index.html that I would like to save up to buy some day.

Theobroma
December 11th, 2011, 10:48 AM
I love my horn combs too! I have two of them -- one with fairly wide teeth and one with really wide teeth. Seam-free, snag-free, static-free, perfect! :D

cooklaezo13
December 11th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Theobroma, static-free is right! I have definitely found that it really cuts down on static in this dry indoor-heated New England climate.