PDA

View Full Version : Soft hair vs. style variety?

QueenOfTheSkye
December 9th, 2011, 03:46 PM
So, here is my problem: when I use conditioner, my hair is GORGEOUS. It is soft and silky and completely impossible to tangle. When I DON'T use conditioner, the texture leaves a lot to be desired, but it has more body AND, more importantly, I can do a fairly wide variety of styles with it (several buns and either French or normal braids). When I use conditioner, I can only do normal braids. Does anyone know of a) styles that will stay in thin, slippery hair or b) a way to give my hair a less unpleasant texture when I do condition?

BTW, I use a CV shampoo bar and occasionally a vinegar rinse, but can't do it too often because it dries my hair out.

Amber_Maiden
December 9th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Have you tried using a diluted conditioner or a lighter brand?

jacqueline101
December 9th, 2011, 04:00 PM
I'd try a new product shampoo or conditioner. Maybe the products not right for your hair.

bloomingrose
December 9th, 2011, 04:06 PM
My hair is exactly like this! I've figured out, though, that if I spritz a little wave spray in it before it dries, it holds braids and things better. A lot of people don't want to use products like that on their hair, though, so I don't know if I helped or not. :undecided

Madora
December 9th, 2011, 04:19 PM
I second the diluting your conditioner (and shampoo) idea. The products you use should not affect your ability to create updos.

That being said, have you tried this style?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPHEzUr5bWQ

spidermom
December 9th, 2011, 06:11 PM
You could try to get something in-between by applying conditioner to length, washing the scalp, then rinsing everything away.

HintOfMint
December 10th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Volumizing or clarifying conditioners tend to be lighter and leave more body in your hair. Also, maybe a vinegar rinse instead of conditioner on the days you want to do the updos and styles that work with the body you want. Also combing before you shampoo might prevent a lot of tangles from forming when you get out of the shower