PDA

View Full Version : how to even up hair at the back

tori93
December 9th, 2011, 10:16 AM
i just cut my hair from past collarbone back to shoulder as i want to start from healthier hair. I really like it but it slopes down longer slightly at the back, is there an easy way to get the hair all the same length? It is kind of difficult as it is only shoulder length.

tori93
December 9th, 2011, 10:18 AM
do you think it would be easier to cut when wet so that it is flatter and straighter as my hair is really thick and its hard to cut it blunt without looking a bit choppy

Madora
December 9th, 2011, 10:20 AM
I'd advise against cutting hair when its wet as wet hair stretches. Better to cut it dry. I don't know if your hair is too short for Feye's Self Trim method but it is in the Articles section if you want to check it out.

jojo
December 9th, 2011, 10:36 AM
get yourself a creaclip, sharp scissors and a trusty person and voila! evened up ends!!!! and always cut hair dry, its easy to cut more when its wet as it stretches and looks longer!

tori93
December 9th, 2011, 01:32 PM
get yourself a creaclip, sharp scissors and a trusty person and voila! evened up ends!!!! and always cut hair dry, its easy to cut more when its wet as it stretches and looks longer!

i've been thinking of getting one of those before, i might give it a try. I don't trust my mum to do it though :D

jojo
December 12th, 2011, 06:28 PM
My daughter does mine, but you can do it by combing all your hair forward and then applying the clip with the spirit level facing you. Then carefully slide the clip down to the very ends and trim! I evened mine up like this and was a bit scared it would layer it but it didnt as long you get the very ends.

Well worth the money and it looks like a professional cut when its done!