PDA

View Full Version : Question about honey ligthening

RapunzelKat
December 9th, 2011, 12:38 AM
So I've been looking through the article and threads on honey lightening, because I want to lighten up my dark roots. I'm still a little confused about one thing... Since honey works by producing peroxide, why is it safer for your hair than other peroxide products? :confused: (Like Sun-In, which is what I had been using... :o) Is it a different type of peroxide than the hydrogen peroxide? Or is there something in the honey that counterracts the damaging/drying effect of the peroxide?

I definitely want to keep lightening my hair, and I'm hoping the honey method will prove a good substitute. I LOVE the bright golden blonde color Sun-In gives me, but I'm concerned that it will damage my hair if I keep using it. :p

Also, for those who have tried honey lightening, how effective have you found it to be? I wasn't able to view the pictures that were attached to the article (not sure why), so I would love to learn about other's results. :D My natural color is somewhere between dirty blonde and very light brown, so I don't have to lighten it a whole lot.

ktani
December 9th, 2011, 06:14 AM
So I've been looking through the article and threads on honey lightening, because I want to lighten up my dark roots. I'm still a little confused about one thing... Since honey works by producing peroxide, why is it safer for your hair than other peroxide products? :confused: (Like Sun-In, which is what I had been using... :o) Is it a different type of peroxide than the hydrogen peroxide? Or is there something in the honey that counterracts the damaging/drying effect of the peroxide?

I definitely want to keep lightening my hair, and I'm hoping the honey method will prove a good substitute. I LOVE the bright golden blonde color Sun-In gives me, but I'm concerned that it will damage my hair if I keep using it. :p

Also, for those who have tried honey lightening, how effective have you found it to be? I wasn't able to view the pictures that were attached to the article (not sure why), so I would love to learn about other's results. :D My natural color is somewhere between dirty blonde and very light brown, so I don't have to lighten it a whole lot.

Please see this post, from the first post of the Honey thread, http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showpost.php?p=287574&postcount=2323