PDA

View Full Version : One year at the LHC! Pics inside

monsterna
December 8th, 2011, 09:27 PM
I haven't been here in so long! Been busy with other things and finding other obsessions (oh, Skyrim...). But I remembered my one year and then remembered I hadn't posted a progress pic in my album since September. So the best I can do for that is progress from then to now.

BUT... Here is my progress from December of last year to now. It's been a good journey. No heat for at least 11 months. I posted a 6 month pic post back in June it must have been, which better detailed my routine during those first months. To be honest, I've been really doing benign neglect these last few months. I will quite often use shampoo with SLS because my hair gets greasy fast (I also eat a ketogenic diet which is at least 65% fat, so yeah... I feel a little greasier :p). To control the frizz, which has become a little more apparent as its grown and I refuse to use heat on it, I put a dab of clear aloe vera gel and a drop of Triple Moon Oil in my hands, rub them together, and then lightly coat it through my hair. Leaves it frizz-free and not greasy or piecy. Couldn't ask for much more than that.

I REALLY need to do an S&D session, as I haven't in months. I haven't had a hair cut in two years! Not a trim, nothing. Only the bangs sometime at the beginning of the year, I believe, and I've been growing them out since then and they are now quite a few inches below my chin, almost to collar bone. So, yeah, a lot of benign neglect!

Also, I'd really like to know your honest opinions on if you think I should get a trim or what. I want fairytale ends (really my dream hair is the hair Natalie Dormer has in her portrayal as Anne Boleyn), but I want them to look nice and thick if you know what I mean, not scraggly and see-through. So if you think my hair could do with some tidying, let me know, because I'm just going to keep being in denial!

EDIT: Bear in mind, though, this pic I took tonight is 24 hours after my last shower, right before my shower tonight, so it wasn't going to look like fresh-washed and dried hair.

Okay, so finally, the pics:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6821&pictureid=90612

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6821&pictureid=120687

CurlyCap
December 8th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Whoa! Great progress! You went from "just medium" to "A Long Hair" in a year! WOOT. :D

MissManda
December 8th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Oh, your hair looks so pretty! The condition looks like it has improved greatly! Congrats on one year! :flower:

Tressie
December 8th, 2011, 09:38 PM
You have made good growth progress! Yay, benign neglect!! Also your hair looks shiny and healthy! Congratulations on your anniversary~ :blossom: I don't think you need to do anything to your hair except continue as you've been doing and heading to your goal length! :flower:

Lissandria
December 8th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Pretty hair and great growth for a year! I am in love with your colour :flower:

Macaroni
December 8th, 2011, 10:19 PM
Your hair looks beautiful, I think you've got fairytale ends going on right now. Just keep doing what you've been doing.

Lostsoule77
December 8th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Congratulations on your one year anniversary. Your hair looks like it was in good condition a year ago and in even better condition now. I would keep doing whatever you are because it sure looks like it's working. I don't think you need to do any "tidying", your hair looks pretty darn tidy already. :)

monsterna
December 8th, 2011, 10:47 PM
Thanks all you guys, I appreciate it! Not looking forward to the next S&D session, heh.

Zesty
December 8th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Your hair is gorgeous! And I love your current, naturally forming hemline -- very soft and romantic. :)

krissykins
December 8th, 2011, 11:42 PM
Awesome growth! It looks like your wave pattern has become rather defined in the past year! Congrats on your anniversary! :flowers:

MonaLisa
December 9th, 2011, 12:59 AM
Lovely! Nice growth!

bettylibertine
December 9th, 2011, 03:09 AM
Lovely! Happy one year anniversary! :D

DavidN
December 9th, 2011, 03:14 AM
Congratulations, monsterna, on your LHC anniversary!:toast:

You have made wonderful progress, and your hair has the most beautiful colour, waves, and shine!:blossom:

aggie_deirde
December 9th, 2011, 03:16 AM
Glorious hair!And your haircolor is fantastic!

Jezerellica
December 9th, 2011, 03:31 AM
Congrat's on your anniversary!! Your hair looks so good for not having a single dusting or trim! Wow! Nice job! That says a lot for how you are caring for it! You must be doing the right thing! Yay! :flower:

Amber_Maiden
December 9th, 2011, 05:04 AM
Nice growth! Looks great!

SunShinesOnWint
December 9th, 2011, 05:25 AM
I do not see a picture?

oktobergoud
December 9th, 2011, 05:36 AM
Awesome growth indeed! :D

newbeginning
December 9th, 2011, 05:57 AM
Beautiful shine and colour.

theodora
December 9th, 2011, 06:01 AM
Congrats Monsterna! Your hair looks really healthy and lovely and I really don't think your ends need tidying up, they look absolutely nice and thick!

monsterna
December 9th, 2011, 07:05 AM
Thank you all for the kind words! Couldn't have done this without the LHC! For wearing it down most of the time, it's not in such bad shape. The splits I find are mostly tiny, tiny ones and white dots, so at least it's not monster ones all over.

Thanks again, you guys rock. :flower:

chrystalevonne
December 9th, 2011, 07:09 AM
congrats!! your hair looks amazing and sometimes just leaving it alone is the best thing you can do for it! How many inches did you get in this year?

monsterna
December 9th, 2011, 07:13 AM
congrats!! your hair looks amazing and sometimes just leaving it alone is the best thing you can do for it! How many inches did you get in this year?

Thanks! Not sure, I'll have to get measured when I get home later. I forgot all about that!

lapushka
December 9th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Great growing! Congrats.

einna
December 9th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Looks great! I dont see a need for a trim, maybe some S&D and even a microtrim would be enough if you feel like you need it.

jojo
December 9th, 2011, 01:42 PM
you have come such a long way in such a small time, well done your hair looks fantastic

blondie9912
December 9th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Your hair looks lovely :) I think you also have a great hair colour for fairy tale ends, I can imagine them looking very unique on your hair!

constancev18
December 9th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Congratulations on your progress!

jacqueline101
December 10th, 2011, 07:17 PM
You have made some awesome growth. Your hairs condition looks better too.