PDA

View Full Version : WO + CO experiment!

Keller1128
December 8th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Good evening all! I was reading about WO yesterday so I had that on my mind. Before I got in the shower tonight, I did a scalp massage and did the thing where you move the sebum down the hair. Then, in the shower, I did the same thing under the water like I was doing WO but then applied conditioner to my hair from the ears down. I've tried CO before but it made my scalp break out and it wasn't pleasant. I'd like to stop using shampoo and I think this might be a good way to do it. Has anyone else tried this or had this idea?

dwell_in_safety
December 8th, 2011, 09:33 PM
I tried that in my no-using-shampoo travails, but it ended up leaving me with dandruff, which I'd never in my life had before. I'm still CO, but I apply it to my scalp as well now. I think, though, that the dandruff may also have been caused by being somewhat lazy and not keeping my head held upside down while scrubbing my scalp under the water for a long enough time. :P Now I scrub for much longer. I've yet to try WO and don't think I will if I don't ever randomly stop having marvelous hair with CO (though I do alternate CO/WO washes), but yeah, just make sure you're really scrubbing your scalp while keeping it upside down. :)

Keller1128
December 8th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Don't you get massive tangles scrubbing your head upside-down? Maybe I need to try CO again but with a different conditioner. I only tried Kiwi Lime Squeeze.