PDA

View Full Version : Biotin Conditioner?

GoldberryHair
December 8th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Has any one tried/heard of this? I'm curious to try it, my hairs been so try and blah lately... (damn Winter!) and it's only $7.99

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=MC-7001

Annibelle
December 8th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Hmmm, I wanted to try it, but then saw the parabens. Not sure if they're really bad, but I'm trying to avoid them. :)

amantha
December 8th, 2011, 08:41 PM
I don't think Biotin can really do much for your hair/scalp if it's applied externally. You basically have to be on Biotin supplements or get plenty of it from your diet to have an effect on your hair. However there may be other ingredients in the shampoo that will make your hair feel nice anyway. But the actual Biotin part won't do much of anything.

Hope that helps!

ETA: Your hair in your avatar pic is so pretty! It really does remind me of Goldberry's hair. I would keep on doing what you're doing because it seems to be working for you!

GoldberryHair
December 9th, 2011, 07:37 AM
I don't think Biotin can really do much for your hair/scalp if it's applied externally. You basically have to be on Biotin supplements or get plenty of it from your diet to have an effect on your hair. However there may be other ingredients in the shampoo that will make your hair feel nice anyway. But the actual Biotin part won't do much of anything.

Hope that helps!

ETA: Your hair in your avatar pic is so pretty! It really does remind me of Goldberry's hair. I would keep on doing what you're doing because it seems to be working for you!

Aw thanks! :)

Yeah I take Biotins pills everyday, my hairs just so dry and blah lately even my go-to for moisture aren't helping grr!

amantha
December 9th, 2011, 07:58 AM
I WISH I could take Biotin. I started taking it a couple of weeks ago because I developed a bald spot from an infection on my scalp and I wanted the hair grow back in super quickly. I was only on 600mcg and within a week I broke out with like 5 giant cystic zits all over my face. I stopped taking it this week and within 2 days all of those cysts died like magic. I am still taking MSM though.

I'm having the same problems with moisture. I've basically been leaving my conditioner on in the shower longer than normal and using heavier leave-ins. Seems to be working okay.

GoldberryHair
December 9th, 2011, 05:09 PM
I WISH I could take Biotin. I started taking it a couple of weeks ago because I developed a bald spot from an infection on my scalp and I wanted the hair grow back in super quickly. I was only on 600mcg and within a week I broke out with like 5 giant cystic zits all over my face. I stopped taking it this week and within 2 days all of those cysts died like magic. I am still taking MSM though.

I'm having the same problems with moisture. I've basically been leaving my conditioner on in the shower longer than normal and using heavier leave-ins. Seems to be working okay.

Ha, I'd prolly have the same problem but I already take medication for acne so it doesn't give me any problems. Yeah I've been leaving it on longer and trying to really extend my washing days but I don tthink that's actually help because it almost feels drier on the 3rd day if that makes sense..

amantha
December 9th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Ha, I'd prolly have the same problem but I already take medication for acne so it doesn't give me any problems. Yeah I've been leaving it on longer and trying to really extend my washing days but I don tthink that's actually help because it almost feels drier on the 3rd day if that makes sense..

I use several medications for acne but it still broke through and temporarily ruined my face. I only get a cyst a few times a year...never 5 at once. :( Hrm that's weird....have you tried clarifying?

GoldberryHair
December 11th, 2011, 07:29 AM
I use several medications for acne but it still broke through and temporarily ruined my face. I only get a cyst a few times a year...never 5 at once. :( Hrm that's weird....have you tried clarifying?

Not with an actual clarifying shampoo...a couple times I shampooed by whole length with my regular shampoo (I usually just do the roots, and that didn't really do anything)

Kelikea
December 11th, 2011, 07:44 AM
I think I tried the biotin shampoo, rather than the conditioner. It is rather minty. It lathers well. You might find a better price at www.vitacost.com

GoldberryHair
December 11th, 2011, 08:09 AM
I think I tried the biotin shampoo, rather than the conditioner. It is rather minty. It lathers well. You might find a better price at www.vitacost.com (http://www.vitacost.com)

Thanks, I'll have to check it out...did you like it?