PDA

View Full Version : hair scissors causing splits

tori93
December 8th, 2011, 01:29 PM
i bought these hair scissors and i'm not sure whether they are good for cutting hair, they seem very sharp and cut the hair easily. How do you know if they are good or not?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sure-Manicure-Hairdressing-Scissors-16cm/dp/B0046B9K5K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323376040&sr=8-1

Miss Catrina
December 8th, 2011, 01:36 PM
At that price I'd be very suspiscious of the quality. Do they seem to have created splits?

tori93
December 8th, 2011, 01:40 PM
only a small section at the front of my hair where i trimmed individual splits, other than that they havn't

tori93
December 8th, 2011, 01:41 PM
that might have just been a coincidence as well

Anje
December 8th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Hair at the front can be more split-prone in general. I know it is for me. The hair closer to your face is often finer, and it tends to get a lot of handling as it's gathered back, pushed out of the face, rubs on collars, and so on. If the rest of your hair doesn't seem to be splitting after trimming, I'd be inclined to say you're suffering from delicate hairs in front more than bad scissors.

gazelle
December 8th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Is there any property of the good hair scissors? How can we know them? I have one at home, which I only use for hair. But don't know if it is good scissors. The girl at the beauty store mentioned that this is the one that the hairdressers buy