PDA

View Full Version : Hair Help

Cap93WL
December 7th, 2011, 10:56 AM
So I've been lurking here for a while and have finally decided to ask my questions! :D
I have semi-oily hair (my dad's hair looks wet, before the shower and my mom had very oily hair) and so my mom has forced me to wash my hair every day (shampoo then condition with a conditioner type thing after). I'm kinda lazy and I want to grow my hair out, so I want to not wash my hair as often. I use herbal essences and while I don't think it hurts my head, it doesn't make the ends very happy either.
Any suggestions on what I should do with my head?! :D

Another question I have is...
How do you oil the ends of your hair (and when)!? I've tried but either I'm not doing it right, or I've got a ton of hair or I need less.... IDK...

Help?

~~~~~~ To the butt!!~~~~~~~~

Madora
December 7th, 2011, 11:25 AM
This article by Heidi W. might be of interest:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=71

Amber_Maiden
December 7th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Oil ends of hair while hair is still wet to seal in moisture. Oil as often as you'd like. I oil my ends every day, even when not wet- but I have very dry hair.

kittymallow
December 7th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Try only washing your scalp when you wash, and use conditioner from the ears and down, this way your ends get less shampooing and more moisture:) and Maybe use dilluted clary sage oil on the scalp because it is supposed to make the sebum production less. And for oiling use some drops of oil on your hands and start at your ends working it in your hair. I like coconut, grapeseed and olive oil:) good luck;)

Cap93WL
December 11th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Thanks for the tips guys!

Miss Catrina
December 11th, 2011, 10:56 PM
You might want to switch to a nicer shampoo. Herbal essences products have sulfates, as do most other drug store shampoos. These are very harsh ingredients that are responsible for lathering and foaming - they remove absolutely all natural oil from your hair and scalp, which causes the scalp to overcompensate and make even more oil than before. Sulfate free shampoos may let you not wash as often, though it may take some adjustment time.