PDA

View Full Version : Getting Your Hair Pulled Out!!

SunShinesOnWint
December 7th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Out of no where one day a few months ago I just stared having little stands pulled out! Which I hate because it hurts!! I can be sweeping and grab some hair between my hand and the broom handle before I realize it..

Or riding the city bus and the person behind me grabs it by mistake when they go to get up 'love how they never say sorry hehe' or parts of the bus catch it and I move and feel that horrible snap...

And now I have 'Job' the terror kitten who keeps attaching it and pulling the tangles!!!!!!!!!!

Madora
December 7th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Perhaps you could learn a few updos to keep your hair from suffering unexpected encounters with things. You never can tell what might happen to hair that is left loose (accidental burning being one example).

Amber_Maiden
December 7th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Put your hair up- problem solved!

Amazinggrace
December 7th, 2011, 10:33 AM
I almost always have my hair up when on public transportation. Even if I have it down during the day, I'll grab and elastic from my purse and spin it into a bun for the ride home.

Otherwise, I would try and remember to sweep your hair in front when you sit down, so most of it is contained on you. You may have a few flyaways getting moved about, but most would be protected. :)

Fairlight63
December 7th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Yes, it is dangerous to have your hair loose after it gets a certain length, I have found out. It can get caught in all kinds of things. Even in a braid, you have to watch where it is at at all times.

RapunzelKat
December 7th, 2011, 10:39 AM
My kitty is the same way!! :D I have to keep such a close eye on her to keep my braid from getting chewed and clawed!

I agree with all the above - it sounds like it's time to start wearing your hair up. If you're new to wearing your hair up, I would recommend starting with simpler styles such as the cinnamon bun and English braid, and working your way up as you get more used to styling your hair.

moxamoll
December 7th, 2011, 10:40 AM
I like to wear my hair down, but I have to agree that mastering some updos is a survival trait. There are some quick and stable ones (cinnabun, nautilus) that are handy to know. I keep a few durable hair toys in my bag all the time, 'cause you never know when you'll want to get it out of the way of oblivious people or devices.

white.chocolate
December 7th, 2011, 10:40 AM
I almost always have my hair up when on public transportation. Even if I have it down during the day, I'll grab and elastic from my purse and spin it into a bun for the ride home.

Otherwise, I would try and remember to sweep your hair in front when you sit down, so most of it is contained on you. You may have a few flyaways getting moved about, but most would be protected. :)

This is what I also do. I cannot leave my hair down in public most of the time. If you won't tie it or leave it in a bun, it's a good idea to bring a hair tie or stick (or whichever) just in case.