PDA

View Full Version : Long Hair, But Does Not Seem Long Anymore!

SunShinesOnWint
December 7th, 2011, 09:45 AM
About 4 years ago I went through a little stage of depression and took it out on my hair. I cut it to the scalp :(

Now it is to my lower back!! What I find really amusing, and a bit annoying is that, before I got it this long I wanted long hair sooo badly!! Now that it is long, it does not seem long? Or maybe it just isn't long enough?? Now I wonder if it can grow and grow and never be 'long enough'

Do you know what I am saying???

Amber_Maiden
December 7th, 2011, 09:48 AM
I know what your saying.

My gaol is TBL, and it doesn't seem that long anymore...

chrystalevonne
December 7th, 2011, 09:54 AM
I know what you mean.. you should pull up some old pictures of when it was super short.... i bet that will make you put it into perspective.... congrats by the way!!!

SunShinesOnWint
December 7th, 2011, 09:58 AM
I made this a few days ago...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ4oebBL_eQ&feature=g-all

If I am not ok to post that somebody tell me so I can take it down..It is my hair through the years..I didnt even post the pics where it was to the scalp, that looked really bad..

chrystalevonne
December 7th, 2011, 10:06 AM
thanks for sharing!!! i loved your vid. It is actually quite inspiring. I am trying to grow out again right now and this is some GREAT growth you have in four years!!! your hair is beautiful and looks so healthy!! Thanks again!!!!:D

Amazinggrace
December 7th, 2011, 10:08 AM
You have beautiful hair! The henna looks wonderful on you, it is so healthy and shiny.

CastaDiva
December 7th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Yes, I know what you mean. My hair is past classic, but it still doesn't feel really long:)

You have gorgeous hair and I really enjoyed your video. Thanks for sharing:)

SunShinesOnWint
December 7th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Why Thank you guys :)

It is funny because it looks nice after I have just washed it, but a day later it looks unhealthy to me, but I am hard on my view of my own hair!

fiddlefananb
December 7th, 2011, 10:15 AM
I know the feeling. I was just think that this morning. My hair is longer than it has ever been in my entire adult life. I was braiding it this morning and my almost waist length hair braid, when it's over my shoulder, comes to my armpit only. I have seen people with waist length braids and I want mine like that now!

Congrats on your growth!

airmid
December 7th, 2011, 10:37 AM
I know how you feel. About four years ago (Hey!! :D) I was sexually harassed/stalked in a bad way, freaked, and chopped my hair off to about an inch to avoid being "recognizable". After I'd been trying to grow it. Now it's just getting past BSL and I loooooove it... but it doesn't seem long enough to me at all! It barely even seems long, lol! So I hear where you're coming from. :) Perspective is everything! ^_^

vanity_acefake
December 7th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Loved it. left you a comment (from PixieVintage).
Especially loved your long red hair. My fav too. My hair needs so much bleaching to get it to that colour so I had to accept that if I wanted long long hair, no more bleaching. :(
Thank you for sharing.

beccababesx
December 7th, 2011, 11:43 AM
I do know what you mean, but for me, it passes. I thought waist was super long, then I joined here, and decided I wanted BCL-tailbone, but after a while I decided no, waist is enough for me :D And your hair is SO long and SO beautiful!

Georgies
December 7th, 2011, 11:58 AM
That slideshow is so fun to watch! My hair is the length that you started with, so I really enjoyed seeing your success. It looks quite long to me!

Yozhik
December 7th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Great progress video!

I love your natural color, but the red is really vibrant, too! :)

It certainly looks really long to me, but I know what you mean about it still feeling short. Every time I say to myself "now I'm at X marker" then I think, but wouldn't it be so much better if I could do Y with my hair? And then I grow a bit longer. :p

Yozhik
December 7th, 2011, 12:09 PM
ETA: Double post! Sorry all! :o

SunShinesOnWint
December 8th, 2011, 11:26 AM
I appreciate all the comments and video views, made my day :)

vanity_acefake I got that comment, and I replied back to it :) It is nice to gte positive remarks for videos, youtube has a collection of stupid heads!! LOL

jeanniet
December 8th, 2011, 12:58 PM
The longer it gets, the shorter it seems. :D It's funny, because if people see me with my hair down they're amazed it's "so long," and I'm thinking, oh, it's not that long, you should see some of the hair on LHC! It's all a matter of perspective. :p

Raiscake
December 9th, 2011, 07:00 PM
I feel the same way about my BSL+ hair. People always comment on how long it is, and I'm like no! Not long enough!!!

Copasetic
December 9th, 2011, 07:11 PM
I totally know what you mean. My hair is the longest it has ever been in my life, but it feels so short! I hope it feels long once I get to my goal length.

|Xei
December 9th, 2011, 07:21 PM
I think I get what you mean. I see that my hair is quite long, and it starting to look even more so since I've been maintaining and thickening up my ends/growing out some layers. But when I handle my hair, it really doesn't feel like I have as much length as I do, and it doesn't feel too different from when I had BSL hair.

Helenae
December 9th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Your hair grows darn fast! My hair hasn't budged two inches in the last two years :( I'm on the point of tearing it out because I'm so frustrated!

SunShinesOnWint
December 9th, 2011, 08:19 PM
No no don't do that, from your avatar alone your hair is very pretty! If it helps, my hair grows the average 1/2 inch a month..It is just about the same length as last Dec, give or take a few inches..I have done so much to it that the splits went nuts and climbed too high so I was forced to cut...I know how you feel, hang in there!!

ericthegreat
December 9th, 2011, 08:25 PM
I know exactly what you mean. My own hair has been long for several years now, and everyone that I know and have met have reacted with such wonder over how long my hair is and remarked how healthy and shiny it is. But somehow, on my own person, my hair still just doesn't "FEEL" that long on me. Reading all the other responses here, I see that I'm not the only person who feels this way about their hair.

Mommyof4
December 9th, 2011, 08:36 PM
I wish my hair was long like yours already :( It is sooo long, you're just used to it :)

Amarante
December 9th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Thanks for sharing your slideshow, it was very neat to see your progress. Your hair is so healthy! And I love the henna color.

I think I won't feel like mine is truly 'long' until I grow out all of my layers. To me they make my hair seem shorter. :/ I want braids long enough to be at my hip when I pull them over my shoulders in front of me! ...if that makes any sense, lol. :D

Cheers to more growing!

bloomingrose
December 9th, 2011, 09:49 PM
I made this a few days ago...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ4oebBL_eQ&feature=g-all

If I am not ok to post that somebody tell me so I can take it down..It is my hair through the years..I didnt even post the pics where it was to the scalp, that looked really bad..

This is so inspiring. You and your hair are beautiful! :)

blondie9912
December 10th, 2011, 09:40 AM
I agree that everything you believe is a result of your perspective. Making that video was a great tribute to your hair and to how far you've come! I especially loved your hair at 1:55, the colours in your braid look lovely :)

blondie9912
December 10th, 2011, 09:41 AM
PS your hair is LOVELY! So glossy and long :thud:

Lostsoule77
December 10th, 2011, 09:47 AM
It's definitely perspective. Before coming here I've always thought my hair was long, even when it was just at BSL. Now I look at my sig pic and think how short it looks. :shrug: Right now I hope to grow to classic and hope that will satisfy me. Then again I would love a classic length, untapered braid. :D This place does some funny things to us. :D

long&blonde
December 10th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Your video is great. You have beautiful hair. It really looks healthy. I agree,whatever length our hair is, we get used to it;it doesn't feel long anymore. My hair is tailbone,when dry,,when wet, BCL, yet now I don't feel its long at all. I tell myself "now BCL solidly, and when dry! Will feel long." Lol. The "solidly" clause we stick in too,to differentiate between the longest layers or fastest growing hairs that get there first!

spidermom
December 10th, 2011, 10:10 AM
It looks nice and long.
I declared myself to have long hair at APL, which I am sure would seem ridiculously short if I cut to that length again.

princessp
December 10th, 2011, 11:43 AM
I know what you mean about feeling it is short that is so me right now too! Your video was great thanks for sharing.

Hypatia415
December 11th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Mine's only about an inch beyond APL so to me yours seems perfect! I can't wait to get there myself. It's so shiny too!

cooklaezo13
December 11th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Your hair is amazingly beautiful!
When my hair was waist-length, it never seemed long. Now that my hair is just below my ears, waist length hair seems like it would be really long, so it's all a matter of perspective.