PDA

View Full Version : One Year Anniversary on the LHC! (pics)

mireillemt
December 6th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Hello all! I'm not a terribly active poster but I'm an avid lurker. My one year anniversary was actually a couple days ago but I'm just now getting around to posting here! I had long hair (about tailbone length) until I was a senior in high school when I literally "cut it all off"! I was a short hair for about three years and had fun experimenting with coloring and heat styling that I wouldn't have dared attempt with long hairs. However, last year while sitting around in France with nothing to do, I decided I wanted my long hair back! Then I found you lovely people.

This is where I started last fall. I got a short cut before studying abroad.

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g477/ali3434/Photoon2010-08-30at0002.jpg

It wasn't until about mid November that I found the LHC and started lurking. So, this is about a year ago when I officially started growing it back out.

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g477/ali3434/Photoon2010-12-23at16083.jpg

As I stated before, I did a lot of coloring for about two or three years. I started growing that out about a year and a half ago but there is still a little red left over on the ends. I haven't had an official trim since that haircut in September of 2010. I've discovered that the reason my hair liked Suave conditioner so well as a youngster is that it is cone-free! I've discovered oils and am hoping to learn more about protective hair styles. I'm starting to get some splits on the top layer now and I think this is because of some S&D/microtrimming of my own with cheap scissors. So, I'm probably going to go in for a trim soon, if only to make it look more attractive down. But, anyway.... enough rambling. Here is where I am now!

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g477/ali3434/DSCN0936.jpg

Thank you so much LHC for your support and good advice! The sense of community here is just wonderful. I look forward to another year of growing!

P.S. Can I call is APL yet? Can I? Can I? :)

sun-kissed
December 6th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Oh wow, your hair is amazingly healthy and beautiful. You've come a long ways since last year, too, it's so "long" now! :D

mireillemt
December 6th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Thank you! I'm finally getting to the point where I don't feel like a super-shortie anymore. :D

Yozhik
December 6th, 2011, 10:03 PM
You've made a lot of progress in a year, and your hair looks so healthy and shiny now! :flowers:

I think you still have an inch or two to APL, but you're getting close! :D

Amazinggrace
December 6th, 2011, 10:13 PM
Your hair looks beautiful and very healthy! I just joined, it would be great if I saw that much growth in a year. :)

congratulations on a year :bouquet

supbanana
December 6th, 2011, 11:40 PM
Your hair is gorgeous!! :thudpile: I love the color and shine. :D

owlathena
December 7th, 2011, 12:14 AM
Great growth! Congrats!

jasper
December 7th, 2011, 04:29 AM
Happy hair-iversary! I think you are well on your way to long again!

Alvrodul
December 7th, 2011, 04:37 AM
Happy hairiversary! :flowers: Your hair looks lovely and healthy, and the color is beautiful. :crush:

kanaka
December 7th, 2011, 04:41 AM
Happy Anniversary! amazing growth and gorgeous hair :)

Amber_Maiden
December 7th, 2011, 05:35 AM
Very lovely!

oktobergoud
December 7th, 2011, 05:51 AM
Amazing growth :D It looks so shiny :)

jojo
December 7th, 2011, 09:40 AM
great growth, it looks lovely

chrystalevonne
December 7th, 2011, 10:12 AM
thanks for sharing!! your hair is gorgeous and you had some great growth in a year!!!! congrats!!

CastaDiva
December 7th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Happy anniversary! Your hair looks beautiful and healthy. Great growth too:)

kittymallow
December 7th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Congrats :) love the thickness and shine:)!!

mireillemt
December 8th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Thank you everyone for the positive comments and encouragement!

blondie9912
December 8th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Beautiful hair, SO shiny! It will look even better when it's long :D