PDA

View Full Version : Hair much longer in the back.

Orangerthanred
December 6th, 2011, 03:55 PM
This isn't good.. my hair is just past APL in the back, and a bit past shoulder length in the front. I don't want to risk cutting the back shorter because it will become poofier, and I'm already struggling with poofiness right now. But it feels so uneven, and the front doesn't seem to be growing...

Help!

Madora
December 6th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Perhaps your back hair grows faster than the front/sides?

Maybe some overall scalp massage on the sides might help?

julliams
December 6th, 2011, 04:48 PM
This is always the case with me. I think my hair grows in a natural V shape so I'm not going to fight it anymore. Yes I can attest that it is completely irritating when you are growing you hair and it just doesn't seem to look long at the front but remember that your body basically goes straight down at the back but curves more on the front (and even more if you are a girl) so it is always going to appear this way.

Once your hair gets past your chest, you will probably not feel quite so frustrated by it. Just stick with it and keep that goal in your mind.

coffinhert
December 6th, 2011, 05:13 PM
I'm in the same boat due to bad layers. I've been putting castor oil on my scalp especially in the front. I do a heavy oiling twice a week before wash. It's supposed to make it grow faster. Good luck! Time heals all.

Amazinggrace
December 6th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Scalp massage can help stimulate growth, but for me once I stopped using elastic bands to pull me hair back the front started growing better. The elastic bands were causing breakage from tugging in the hair in my ponytail, and it was more noticable in the front layers.

Mairéad
December 6th, 2011, 05:44 PM
It's a common thing. The front of my hair is actually a lot longer than the back and it had originally been cut into a fringe! I suggest the scalp massages. I think they help and it feels good too, like you're really pampering yourself. ;)

Also, when you have trims you have a little more taken off the back than to front to help it eventually meet up. Getting ends blunt takes some time but trims are the only way to get there and stay there.

kittymallow
December 6th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Remember that the hairline in your neck is lower than in front, so the front hair has a longer way to go before it gets apl.. i am in the same boat so i know the feeling!! Just hang in there because We WILL get there!!

Amber_Maiden
December 6th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Some people cut their hair into the V shape, you don't have to- lucky you! :D