PDA

View Full Version : - Does anybody else use Bone marrow in their hair ?

RedheadMistress
December 6th, 2011, 03:29 PM
- Since I've started taking care of my hair more and more, I noticed how my mother always uses bone marrow in her hair .

She'll put a thick piece of bone (not sure which animal, maybe lamb? She likes lamb but I think any animal will do, almost) and puts it in the microwave for a while until the marrow is liquid and then puts it in her hair .

She says it keeps her hair strong and from falling out .

Idk if I would ever do that, I doubt it . I wouldn't feel comfortable using egg anymore even, but honey I can use (but I don't buy any) . .

Has anybody else heard of this ?

Could be typially Iranian thing to do, she's Iranian and has different ways of doing things hehe . . but thought I should mentino, in case anybody wants to experiment ;)

Also; she has the most beautiful hair I've ever seen . My dream hair .

Maybe I will be creepy and take a photo of her hair at xmas to show you people heheh :P

pepperminttea
December 6th, 2011, 03:54 PM
... It's a new one on me. :bigeyes: Good to use every part of an animal though, if you're going to use one, though normally I'd be thinking about stock and soups rather than hair treatments. :lol:

From what I can tell, it's a protein treatment, so it'd depend how your hair reacts to protein generally.

sarahramen
December 6th, 2011, 06:11 PM
I heard something about this here before... cant remember maybe search it? It said something about giving your hair more strength because of the collagen.

Amber_Maiden
December 6th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Ugh. Sorry, just ew.... I wouldn't do that, even if i weren't vegan...

gretchen_hair
December 6th, 2011, 06:44 PM
I have never tried it on my hair, but I always ask my DH for his bone marrow when we have lamb, because I eat it. I love lamb bone marrow. yum. :bigtongue:

beccababesx
December 8th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Interesting! Never tried it nor heard of it, but might give it a go! Although in our house bone marrow goes to the dogs... :P

moxamoll
December 8th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Yup, I'd rather eat it too! :yumm: Let it work from the inside out. :thumbsup: