PDA

View Full Version : Thick hair..N.Y. resolution

Anisaa
December 6th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Hi everyone, I hope you are all enjoying the last month of the year!!!!

My new years resolution for my hair is going to try to achieve thicker hair. I finally achieved length:bow:, however, I notice that the end of my hair is very thin. I have medium hair, (it is not fine nor thick). I am trying to gain thickness for 2012..

Any suggestions? Has anyone else gone on this path? Anything you want to share? Any product recommendations?

I am going to start trimming and so far that is all that I have planned to achieve my goal.

Thank YOU all very much for inspiring me and supporting me to achieve longer, healthier hair. YOU ALL are truly amazing and GORGEOUS.. Thank YOU and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!:magic:

NOT THICKER HAIR, I am planning to thicken my ends~ sorry for the typo

Chamy
December 6th, 2011, 04:44 PM
I dont know if you can get thicker hair. Of course you can try to get your ends thicker, but to get thicker hair, you have to get more hair, and those things are genetically predetermined.
i think cassia and henna is supposed to thicken the individual hairstrands though. But i have been using cassia and i haven't seen any difference.

McFearless
December 6th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Your best bet would be to reduce your shed. The less hair fall you have the more regulated your hair growth will be. I'm not sure how to describe it, but when I had really bad shedding the regrowth would give me very thick hair at the roots and a big taper. So if your shedding rate is lower the taper will be gradual and natural.

Essential oils diluted in jojoba oil applied to the scalp works really well for shedding, so does neeli oil. I have not heard one person who uses neeli oil say it didn't decrease their shed. Also your haircare method will determine how much hair you lose.

Henna will thicken up individual strands. Some say they can't tell a difference, and others say it has transformed their fine hair.

Anisaa
December 8th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Thank YOU for the explanation Mcfearless!! I will definitely look into neeli oil