PDA

View Full Version : Progress report

8thsinner
December 6th, 2011, 05:12 AM
So I have been taking my "hair food" supplements for about two months now, roughly once a day although I have missed weekends every now and again from not being home.

I got my hair trimmed last month on the sixth, took off four inches, and took a picture.
I inverted my dressing gown and put in with permanent marker a line where my hair was at.
I took another picture two days ago and it seems like my hair has grown about one inch already.

Although it's a little hard to tell form the picture alone because the second pic wasn't quite as straight as the first.

It's good news so far it seems, However fast it is growing though it doesn't seem as strong, and in the last month I have broken nails a lot, three times they have cracked right off near the skin.
Now like most women I keep my nails fairly long. I prefer the look. But I also need my tough nails for working with knots and leather as my main hobbies.

I also seem to be shedding a bit more. Now I read through the shedding thread on top of the recents and this doesn't seem to bother most people, or shouldn't.

But I do still want my tough nails, and presumably they are related. I eat a ton of garlic, tomatoes, lettuce onions, ginger and some other super foods when I can...I drink almost if not more than two litres of water/milk/juice a day depending.
And due to finances I do not really have the option of taking in more fresh fruit or veg.

So I have a question on supplements,
What if any supplements might I be able to afford next month that might reduce the effects I am currently seeing?

Amber_Maiden
December 6th, 2011, 06:31 AM
Sounds normal, sorry. Everyone's hair has phases it goes through.

Though you could be deficient in something. Get some blood work done.

Annibelle
December 6th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Hmmm I'm wondering about this, too. Ever since I started taking a daily vitamins, my nails have been weaker. :(