PDA

View Full Version : Don't know what to do with my hair:(( help!

Zhennni(:
December 5th, 2011, 05:34 PM
lately I discovered that my hair doesn't like cone very much...it feels dry, coated and tangly. Yesterday I clarified and my hair felt softer, but my hair was frizzy and still felt dry O.o Cones made my hair straight but made it feel coated and dry, no cones makes my hair softer and less dry ( still dry no mattter how many smt I do D; ), but frizzy and dull looking. I don't know what to do now D:

coffinhert
December 5th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Have you tried oiling? You can put coconut or olive oil in your hair overnight, then condition-only in the morning (condition, rinse, condition, rinse to get it all out). If you look at the thread about how often people oil, I think almost everyone who uses oil as a leave-in conditioner puts it in wet and does it every time they wash... I know I do... I use a boar bristle brush or my fingers to work just a few drops into the bottom half of my hair, while it's still wet. It makes my hair much shinier and silker.

Another thing many people like is a dilute vinegar rinse at the end of the shower. This seals the cuticle in and makes the hair shinier and smoother.

Miss Catrina
December 5th, 2011, 06:36 PM
How often are you washing, and with what? If you're using sulfates, they could be too harsh on your hair.

Zhennni(:
December 5th, 2011, 06:39 PM
I have tried Co washing and it didn't really make a difference o.o I use a sulfate free shampoo also :o I find olive oil extremely hard to wash out even with conditioner o.o thanks for the advice though! I might try oiling again:P