PDA

View Full Version : Feeling accomplished!

lucyana1129
December 5th, 2011, 11:28 AM
I had a big xmas party to go to last Friday and for the first time ever, I didn't go have my hair highlighted and cut! I'm so proud of myself and just wanted to share with others that would understand. I'm trying to grow all the blonde out so right now its a few colors. My natural color is dirty blonde. So I have that, bleach blonde, and some black/brown from when I dyed it. All the brown/black is one of the main reasons I decided to grow it out. Getting it back bleach blonde was ruining my hair. Any major event in my life (pregnant, moving, deployments) usually leads to me cutting it all off and dying it a crazy color. So I'm excited that I overcame this on Friday. It has grown since the last time I had anything done to it in September. My goal is to make it until April when I will have the ends trimmed. Id love to hear some inspirational stories about overcoming the urge to cut while growing out. :)

proo
December 5th, 2011, 12:29 PM
How did you overcome the urge to do it?
I'm super interested in this kind of strength, or will power.
I'm proud of you!

Amber_Maiden
December 5th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Good for you! keep it up!

beccababesx
December 5th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Well done!! :cheese: these challenges, like not highlighting or heat styling for special occasions are the hardest I think :)

lucyana1129
December 5th, 2011, 02:19 PM
@proo: I just had to remind myself of my goal and find the beauty in the "multi-colored" look :). I had my husband for support and the little bit of length I have gained makes me want to keep going forward, not back.

Thanks for all the support everyone!

jacqueline101
December 5th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Its hard to break a routine that you've followed for so long. It becomes habit and I'm glad you broke the habit. Now you have wonderful hair that is your hair color something you had to work at. Something you can take pride in.

MissAlida
December 6th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Urges will come and go...you'll have days, especially bad hair days (or weeks in my case) when you just want to cut it, or colour it. On these occasions, I advice you to make a teeny tiny change : for exaple, when I feel like cutting it off, because it looks so thin/frizzy/flat etc., you name it, I try a new deep conditioning treatment, or even better, I wrap my hair, so I can have straight hair.(you can curl it, with heatless methods, or try a new updo) This way I become enthusiastic again, and the urge goes away, because I realise all the time and effort put into the hairgrowing process.:D Oh, and time does go by, and your hair will look better...we just have to wait it out.

moon2dove
December 6th, 2011, 01:20 PM
And so you should be proud of yourself :D:D

Well done!:cheese:

SpinDance
December 6th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Congratulations on breaking your previous cycle. That's a major milestone! :D

Sometimes all you really want or need is something new. Learn an new updo, get a ribbon or something pretty. I recently found hairswirls1 (http://www.etsy.com/shop/hairswirls1)over on Etsy. She has some really fun little things to put in your hair. Like these little snowflakes (http://www.etsy.com/listing/81493633/glitter-snowflake-hair-swirls).

Or if you don't want to even really think about your hair put it up and paint your nails! lol

julliams
December 6th, 2011, 01:27 PM
A friend of mine was in a similar situation and she ended up getting a box dye that was a similar colour to her virgin hair (a shade lighter I think) and dyed it all that colour. The parts that were blonde really took the dye and went a deeper brown but would most likely fade pretty quickly. I think it was the best thing to do because it evened it all out and whilst she still dyed her hair, it took away the urge to do anymore bleaching.

Chamy
December 6th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Yay you! That's great. I used to have black hair, i managed to grow it out while highlighting it so the difference between colours was not so big. It took a long time, but i was not so focused on getting it to my real colour. Now its all my own colour, none of the black and highlights are left. It was kind of painfree for me. :)

Hope it works as well for you! :flower:

Lissandria
December 6th, 2011, 04:09 PM
I understand this feeling. I used to go and get my hair cut, coloured, blowdried, straighted etc before an event like work christmas parties.
Now I make sure my indigo is refreshed prefferably that day, or a week or so in advance. I usually do a Deep treatment like an SMT just before I go out if possible so I know I have good hair that will be soft and shiny. It helps when you no longer use heat on your hair to style - which can be difficult.
Kudos for not succumbing to the bleach.