PDA

View Full Version : hello *waves*

Kina
December 4th, 2011, 09:17 PM
so, I was here and more active before.

2 years ago, at this time, a friend offered to "trim" my hair for me. Weeeeeellll, she was a hair stylist, said she understood what I wanted from her, and another friend with long hair had her hair cut by her with very good results, so I had every expectation of getting a decent cut and being happy with it.

Instead, she cut my hip length hair to bra strap length.

I was not happy.

We do not speak anymore, since she arbitrarily decided that she "had" to cut my hair like that.

In any case,

It's taken my hair just about till now to get back to waist length. AAANNNNDDD I'm starting to take an interest in it again, so I'm back!

Of course, its' been 2 moves since then, so I'm down to about half the hair toys I had and am looking :-).

I've dug harry back out and am putting my hair up like a good little lhc'er, and have some coconut oil (which my hair loves, but my skin hates) and am ready to move on and take care of my hair again.

I guess the past 2 years can be classified as benign neglect. I've had a couple of trims, one by my former hairstylist who only does what I want, and a self trim of about an inch of the ends.

this picture is a relatively good shot of where my hair is now:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/292074_2449520313439_1114917084_2918061_1838580133 _n.jpg

tinywife
December 4th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Welcome back!
I just wanted to say, you're really beautiful! I wish I had your figure and hair.

jojo
December 5th, 2011, 04:11 AM
well with friends like that who needs enemies?! not to worry your hair is growing back lovely and will soon be back to hip! welcome back!

Avital88
December 5th, 2011, 04:13 AM
Welcome back and lovely picture!! too bad about the 'trim' but im sure with some care you will grow fast

Kina
December 5th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Welcome back!
I just wanted to say, you're really beautiful! I wish I had your figure and hair.

wow, thank you! It helps when you spend a couple of hours primping :-) That picture was taken during a performance that I spent a couple of hours getting ready for, not including the hair growing and practice :D

Kina
December 5th, 2011, 11:36 AM
well with friends like that who needs enemies?! not to worry your hair is growing back lovely and will soon be back to hip! welcome back!

thanks! and seriously, she's insane :(

nice person, but a hair ninja.

Kina
December 5th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Welcome back and lovely picture!! too bad about the 'trim' but im sure with some care you will grow fast

thank you! I hope so!

Fairlight63
December 5th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Your hair is really beautiful! I bet that she was jealous of your beautiful hair & cut it shorter than you wanted on purpose. It will be as long as it was before before you know it. It is good that you found some one that you can trust to cut your hair now.

I don't trust any one to cut my hair but me, so I have been micro trimming monthly to thicken up the ends.

jesis
December 5th, 2011, 11:59 AM
You have beautiful hair!

beez1717
December 6th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Welcome back. I'm glad I get to meet you this time around :) LHC is addicting isn't it?

moon2dove
December 6th, 2011, 01:30 PM
'Yoohoo' *waves back*

Welcome back! :D

I can imagine how upset you were. I had a similar experience with my hairdresser:(

I agree, you have lovely hair and you look gorgeous in your sig pic!

I'm sure it wont be long til you reach your goal.

Happy growing! :D

vanity_acefake
December 6th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Welcome back. You look amazing in your photo.

SpinDance
December 6th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Welcome back! Lovely picture.

Kina
December 6th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Your hair is really beautiful! I bet that she was jealous of your beautiful hair & cut it shorter than you wanted on purpose. It will be as long as it was before before you know it. It is good that you found some one that you can trust to cut your hair now.

I don't trust any one to cut my hair but me, so I have been micro trimming monthly to thicken up the ends.

You have beautiful hair!

Welcome back. I'm glad I get to meet you this time around :) LHC is addicting isn't it?

'Yoohoo' *waves back*

I can imagine how upset you were. I had a similar experience with my hairdresser:(

Well, to be fair to her (and I REALLY don't want to) she thought she was right.

I think the fact that my hair fairy tails drives hair dressers insane. But I have never, not even immediately after a cut, had a hem line that didn't fairy tale.

Thank you for the compliment :)

Kina
December 6th, 2011, 06:34 PM

You have beautiful hair!

Well, to be fair to her (and I REALLY don't want to) she thought she was right.

I think the fact that my hair fairy tails drives hair dressers insane. But I have never, not even immediately after a cut, had a hem line that didn't fairy tale.

Thank you for the compliment :)

Thank you! It is addicting, such a rich site.

'Yoohoo' *waves back*

Thanks! The only thing really is that with the cold weather here, I miss having my hair on my neck to snuggle into! It was only a matter of time, I'd already started bunning it at night :) now, a little coconut oil, up in the day again, and I'm on my way!

Thank you so much! As I said, a couple of hours in front of a mirror will do that for you! :cheese:

thank you! You know the strangest thing? I think I lost about a quarter of my toys during my moves, but I still have ALL the henna, amla and indigo I bought in preparation to hendigo my hair 2 years ago...

I may finally get up the courage to do it!

(sorry for the earlier one, hadn't quite figured out the multi quoting bit.