PDA

View Full Version : Hair progress

Viperalus
December 4th, 2011, 06:45 PM
I washed my hair tonight and I just finished with brushing.
All this time I was measuring my hair but only at the rear side.
A couple minutes ago I pull them to the sides and voila! I need only 3-4 cm/1.18-1.57 in for my hair to reach at the center of my hips!

I'm so happy that my hair is still growing!
:joy:

ETA: photo added
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9235&pictureid=120487

Catladyintown
December 4th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Congratulations on it still growing.:D Your hair and ends look very healthy.

Lostsoule77
December 4th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Yeah! It's always good news to find out that hair we thought was terminal actually isn't. :) To me it looks like your longer hairs in back are past hip and somewhere around BCL.

jojo
December 5th, 2011, 03:39 PM
your so tall too so even bigger high 5 coming your way, your hair would probably be classic length on a lot of people. Looks healthy and thick too, well done!

Viperalus
December 5th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Yeah! It's always good news to find out that hair we thought was terminal actually isn't. :) To me it looks like your longer hairs in back are past hip and somewhere around BCL.
Thanks Lostsoule77 actually I didn't expect to stop there (just intuition) but it's always great when it's growing longer. And yes you are correct (I had to google the BCL-still learning). The hair in my back is indeed at the middle of my... "vertical smile" :D

your so tall too so even bigger high 5 coming your way, your hair would probably be classic length on a lot of people. Looks healthy and thick too, well done!
Oh sorry that it appears like that jojo. It's because the photograph is taken from below. My height is 5.74 ft/1.75 cm

Thanks, they look healthy from what I know. It was in not so good shape previous winter but it seems I have done a good job in taking care of them.

ETA: picture added of the ends of my hair:
http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af334/Viperalus/Hair/Mehair-theendsofmyhair-December2011.jpg

Chamy
December 6th, 2011, 02:51 AM
Thats great, it looks very shiny! Good luck with the last inch. :)

Viperalus
December 12th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Thank you Chamy (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=20700).

I would like to share something else that happened to me for the first time after many years.
On Friday after wash instead of conditioner I put coconut oil on my hair and combed them with my wooden comb. On Saturday morning I traveled to Amsterdam and I wore my hair down.
This morning (Monday) I woke up and my hair was a total mess. I put an elastic band every night when I go to sleep and I never had a problem. It was the first time that this happened to me. It took me half an hour of putting coconut oil and trying to detangle the knots mainly at the nape and lower area of my hair.
It was incredible mess and I don't know if it had to do with the coconut oil... :ponder:

Other than that I loved it, it makes my hair very soft and straight. Btw, it's 100% organic pure Coconut oil.

ETA: I twin braided before bedtime. Perhaps the best solution for both comfort and avoidance of hair tangling.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9235&pictureid=121015

jojo
December 13th, 2011, 08:07 AM
looks fantastic either way, keep that mane growing!

einna
December 13th, 2011, 08:34 AM
your hair looks amazing! :D Happy growing!

cooklaezo13
December 13th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Your hair looks great and very long! That's awesome to discover that it's still growing. You are like my hair twin so definitely inspiring to me! I have coarse straight hair, like you, and mine is nearly the same color as yours. I'm half-Greek so maybe that explains our hair similarities :)

gboneske
December 13th, 2011, 10:17 AM
You are my inspiration! My hair is the same color, and I let someone talk me into cutting it above my shoulders - and it was past my waist. Sigh. I miss my long hair.

Viperalus
January 14th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Thank you dear {{all}} we inspire each-other (that { } was a hug) :)

Your hair looks great and very long! That's awesome to discover that it's still growing. You are like my hair twin so definitely inspiring to me! I have coarse straight hair, like you, and mine is nearly the same color as yours. I'm half-Greek so maybe that explains our hair similarities :)
Thanks! I think you 're right, it's in the bloodline ;))
I hope you grow long your hair again. Let's keep this between us, I don't like the hair short on you hehe!

PixxieStix
January 14th, 2012, 05:33 PM
*jaw drop* Oh, the hair envy. It looks wonderful, and congratulations on the continued hair growth, it's always nice when it sort of "surprises" you when you aren't paying too much attention. :) I love the double braids too, your hair would look so pretty with braid waves!

Viperalus
January 14th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Thanks PixxieStix (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=41029). The post-braid picture was something that I also thought about many times.
Will take some pics in the near future :)

Red_Wednesday
January 14th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Thank you Chamy (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=20700).

I would like to share something else that happened to me for the first time after many years.
On Friday after wash instead of conditioner I put coconut oil on my hair and combed them with my wooden comb. On Saturday morning I traveled to Amsterdam and I wore my hair down.
This morning (Monday) I woke up and my hair was a total mess. I put an elastic band every night when I go to sleep and I never had a problem. It was the first time that this happened to me. It took me half an hour of putting coconut oil and trying to detangle the knots mainly at the nape and lower area of my hair.
It was incredible mess and I don't know if it had to do with the coconut oil... :ponder:

Other than that I loved it, it makes my hair very soft and straight. Btw, it's 100% organic pure Coconut oil.

ETA: I twin braided before bedtime. Perhaps the best solution for both comfort and avoidance of hair tangling.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9235&pictureid=121015

First off, gorgeous hair!! Very inspiring!!

Regarding the coconut oil, do you think the issue could be because you did not use conditioner? You said you used coconut oil instead of conditioner, so that's what's prompting my question.

My experience with coconut oil in the past has been very hit or miss, but I think I'm finally getting the hang of it. First, I can never apply it to dry hair, for some reason it makes my hair like straw. Then I tried it on wet hair, being careful not to put too much, first couple times i applied it, I looked like an oil slick before I finally got the amount right. Then what I noticed was that applying it that way would work good for a few washes but then I would get something like protein overload, and my ends would turn velcro-ish. So, then I tried applying just a little bit over a leave-in like a cheap conditioner, and that seems to have been the magic bullet in my case. So far doing it this way has been very nice. I'm just wondering if the conditioner, or lack there of, in your case is the missing piece of the puzzle. Just a thought :).

Viperalus
January 21st, 2012, 12:00 PM
First off, gorgeous hair!! Very inspiring!!

Regarding the coconut oil, do you think the issue could be because you did not use conditioner? You said you used coconut oil instead of conditioner, so that's what's prompting my question.

My experience with coconut oil in the past has been very hit or miss, but I think I'm finally getting the hang of it. First, I can never apply it to dry hair, for some reason it makes my hair like straw. Then I tried it on wet hair, being careful not to put too much, first couple times i applied it, I looked like an oil slick before I finally got the amount right. Then what I noticed was that applying it that way would work good for a few washes but then I would get something like protein overload, and my ends would turn velcro-ish. So, then I tried applying just a little bit over a leave-in like a cheap conditioner, and that seems to have been the magic bullet in my case. So far doing it this way has been very nice. I'm just wondering if the conditioner, or lack there of, in your case is the missing piece of the puzzle. Just a thought :).
Hello and thanks for your kind words Red_Wednesday.
Well the same here, the first times I used it on dry hair it made it like straw and perhaps the combination (lack of conditioner/coconut oil on dry hair) made it as such. My hair seems that didn't like much the coconut oil, it's been some weeks now that I returned to the mix of Aloe Vera extract and Jojoba and it's very-very satisfying for my long hair! My hair stays oiled, well cared and happier. I don't apply conditioner! :)

jacqueline101
January 21st, 2012, 01:10 PM
Your hair is amazing and thanks for sharing pictures of your growth.

growfro
January 27th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Congrats on the growth!! Makes me very excited to be on my way to long hair.

Viperalus
February 19th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Thank you people. Happy, healthy long hair for all! :)

Updates
Raw diet for healthier hair: Yesterday after the shower I combed my hair when was dry and it's the third week that I notice much less hair been shed. A couple of months ago the amount of hair that I was shedding was double than that in the photo below!
http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af334/Viperalus/Hair/DSC_3632.jpg
note: this is from combing 1 meter long (39.37 in) hair.

And the past month I have neglected my hair routine: no scalp massages, only washing and oiling with jojoba oil twice a week. So I attribute this to my raw diet. It must be all those nutrients, minerals and vitamins from my raw diet that made my hair healthier and my whole internal system emitting radiant health. I also noticed more volume on the front side and top of my scalp.

My trimming and the moon: is set for this Tuesday (Febr. 21) with the new moon on Pisces. It's been many months since I haven't trimmed my hair and the past month I have noticed much slower growth. I believe after the trimming my hair will start growing at a normal rate again.

thirstylocks
February 19th, 2012, 03:58 PM
WOW all I have to say is TELEIA.

Avital88
February 19th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Poly Kala!!
you have awesome hair! keep up the good work, and im curious if you already gained the 3 cms by now?..