PDA

View Full Version : First time: hair caught in zipper :(

Aimskylove
December 4th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Waaaaahhhh! I just caught my hair in my jackets zipper while I was zipping it up. :justy::wail::wail::brickwall
I heard a loud snap! :( Lets just say some of my hair is missing. :(

Madora
December 4th, 2011, 04:49 PM
I know how unpleasant that can be. Have you tried putting a long, thin silk or rayon scarf around your neck, so that it covers the hair in front? That way the strands won't come in contact with the zipper.

jacqueline101
December 4th, 2011, 04:51 PM
I've had a few strands caught in a zipper it hurts.

Diamond.Eyes
December 4th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Ah! I'm so sorry. I got my hair stuck in my seat-belt retracting mechanism once. I didn't lose any hair, but my scalp sure hurt afterwards. :(

Aimskylove
December 4th, 2011, 06:08 PM
I know how unpleasant that can be. Have you tried putting a long, thin silk or rayon scarf around your neck, so that it covers the hair in front? That way the strands won't come in contact with the zipper.

Good idea! I was in a rush to run to the market which is probably why I didn't swipe my air behind me but im so mad it happened. :/ Thank you for the advice. :)

beccababesx
December 5th, 2011, 03:48 AM
Ouch! Look on the bright side, that's a new milestone, in a way :)

Avital88
December 5th, 2011, 04:15 AM
ahh thats so annoying, i had it 3 times already this fall, we gotta be more carefull!

cheetahfast
December 5th, 2011, 05:23 AM
Ouch! Look on the bright side, that's a new milestone, in a way :)

I agree, your hair must be growing then and getting long :D

Also I did this once as a kid and my mom had to cut the stuck curls off. It hurt to much to unzip.

CorinaS
December 5th, 2011, 08:36 AM
It happend to me as well. I also got my hair caught in the car door, the bus door, in my scarf and, most embarassing of all, in my boss's watch. It also ends up in my food (or other people's) very often:cheese:.

natnatsmama
December 5th, 2011, 08:39 AM
That hasn't happened to me yet but I did almost get my hair caught in the paper shredder!Now I make sure to have me hair out of the way when I am getting rid of old bills!

ladyshep
December 5th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Sorry to hear about your zipper accident.
I know a girl that got her long hair stuck on a ski lift chair. They had to stop the whole lift. Scarier than a zipper.

ladyshep
December 5th, 2011, 08:58 AM
I know a girl that got her long hair stuck on a ski lift chair. They had to stop the whole lift and she lost some of her hair. Scarier than a zipper.

jesis
December 5th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Now I know! I'll keep my hair away from the evil zipper!

CorinaS
December 5th, 2011, 09:57 AM
That hasn't happened to me yet but I did almost get my hair caught in the paper shredder!Now I make sure to have me hair out of the way when I am getting rid of old bills!

The shredder in my office has a big warning sign for this, luckly! It can be very dangerous. I also know a girl whose hair caught fire in a club because of a candle!!! I've been very carefull with fire near my hair ever since.

Amber_Maiden
December 5th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Happened to me just the other day!!!

Cowgirl16
December 5th, 2011, 09:23 PM
I did that once :( I had to unzip my hair out of my jacket:rolleyes:

ladyshep
December 6th, 2011, 12:13 PM
A fan is something to watch out for as well.

Gothchiq
December 6th, 2011, 12:48 PM
I feel ya. I slammed mine in the car door. :X

RapunzelKat
December 6th, 2011, 12:59 PM
I know a girl that got her long hair stuck on a ski lift chair. They had to stop the whole lift and she lost some of her hair. Scarier than a zipper.

Yikes!!! That sounds scary! Her poor hair. :(

I have also experienced the zipper problem. Nowadays if my hair is loose I hold onto it while zipping or unzipping. Took me a long time to learn :o

Aimskylove
December 6th, 2011, 10:47 PM
Wow it has happened to so many of us! :) I def learned my lesson but like many of you said it is like a milestone. I never have had my hair caught up in a zipper and lately it gets stuck under my arm! lol. I need to be much more careful now.