PDA

View Full Version : 6 year Anniversary...and it's time for benign neglect!

Rini
December 4th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Well, it's been 6 years of hanging out around here. Once I find a bunch of people I really like, I'm quite loyal :D

I've been through so many "phases" with my hair over the years and done just about everything to it. So where am I now? Well, I'm back to BSL and slowly transitioning to silver hair. I haven't dyed in 14 months now and my hair is in great condition and MUCH thicker than ever before. Plenty of pics in my albums if you're interested in seeing where I'm at :)

Current routine: every 3 days or so wash (mainly roots only) with SLS-free shampoo, condition with silicone-free condish, Karen's Body Beautiful leave in, sometimes some sort of oil when hair is almost dry (CO or Camelia right now).....and that's it! I usually wear it up in a bun. Boring, I know, but my hair is looking healthy and it's getting longer :cheese:
Oh, and just in time for my anniversary (and my birthday), I got my first 60th street fork and I LOVE it! What a lovely present :inlove:

Here's a pic of it in action:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=847&pictureid=120940

Falcore
December 4th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Happy 6th year being here.

I just checked out your pics - beautiful hair and you're super pretty

girlcat36
December 4th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Congratulations on six years! I'm a big fan of your hair journey!!!!

Rini
December 4th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Thanks girls! :) Girlcat36, your new sig pic is gorgeous!!! :inlove:

manderly
December 4th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Congratulations!! I think your hair has had some of the most dramatic changes in your time here. It's been so fun to watch! I love the current color on you :)

battles
December 4th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Your hair is such a beautiful color. :D

MsBubbles
December 4th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Rini! Your hair has suited you beautifully no matter which color! I'm happy to have had the opportunity to hang out with you here over the years.

Quetiepi
December 4th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Congratulations on your 6 years! I quit coloring my hair about the same time as you did. I am really liking the natural gray, too. I loved looking at your pictures, you have pretty hair!

spidermom
December 4th, 2011, 07:40 PM
I really like the blonde and the silver on you much more than the red.

girlcat36
December 4th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Thanks girls! :) Girlcat36, your new sig pic is gorgeous!!! :inlove:

Thank you, Rini!

Lostsoule77
December 4th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Rini, I always thought your sig pic was one of the prettiest on here. I have to say that your current hair really suits you. :) Congratulations on your six year anniversary!

jeanniet
December 4th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Happy Anniversary! I've always loved your hair, and I think it looks wonderful with the silvers. Congrats!

Lisa R
December 4th, 2011, 11:39 PM
Congratulations Rini! You and your hair are looking healthy and gorgeous:) Always nice to read a thread from you.

Teazel
December 5th, 2011, 12:03 AM
Happy anniversary, Rini, and congratulations on your lovely healthy hair! :flower:

Debra83
December 5th, 2011, 12:56 AM
Congratulations Rini! Keep up the good work, looking GREEEAAT!!!

pepperminttea
December 5th, 2011, 02:14 AM
Congratulations on six years Rini, your silvers are beautiful!

DavidN
December 5th, 2011, 02:30 AM
Congratualtions, Rini, on your 6 year LHC anniversary, and here's to many more years in our community!:toast:

Your hair is outstanding, such beautiful waves and curls, and you have had such a wonderful journey through the years!

Juanita
December 5th, 2011, 02:38 AM
Congratulations on 6 years and happy birthday

missdelarocha
December 5th, 2011, 03:05 AM
Congratulations and happy birthday! Your hair looks so healthy!

cheetahfast
December 5th, 2011, 05:25 AM
I really like the blonde and the silver on you much more than the red.

I love your current hair color!

Congrats on your anniversary and birthday!!!

Amber_Maiden
December 5th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Beautiful hair! Congrats! :D

Rini
December 8th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Thank you so much everyone :flowers: I have intermittent internet access right now, so I'm very sorry if I haven't replied to all messages. I'm going to post a pic of my new 60th street fork tonight!

Babyfine
December 9th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Looks beautiful! I love your color! That's great that you've increased your thickness!

Lize
December 9th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Happy anniversary! I really like your silvers. :)