PDA

View Full Version : hair in your food

scotty810
December 4th, 2011, 12:18 AM
isn't it wonderful when you find a really long hair in your food that's yours and you pull it out and it's about a foot long at least and covered in all bits of food.

i think if I'm out with someone I'd probably just eat it than put them off their dinner.

sycamoreboutiqu
December 4th, 2011, 12:23 AM
Worse yet, when you find a foot long hair - and it came out of your cat !

That can be serious stuff it it gets pulled out instead of coming out naturally .

Ask me how I know ...

scotty810
December 4th, 2011, 12:29 AM
the cat ate your hair?

pretty strange

i've had to put it one of those hair strainer cover things over the shower hole because I think the hair washing down there was starting to clog it up

julliams
December 4th, 2011, 04:57 AM
Yes my dog always has my hair in her poop (gross sorry!!) - she is a real hair hoover.

moon2dove
December 4th, 2011, 07:29 AM
I nearly gagged when reading these posts! :ohmy: :ohmy: :face: :D

jacqueline101
December 4th, 2011, 07:41 AM
I must be strange I don't like finding my hair in my food.

Viperalus
December 4th, 2011, 11:13 AM
isn't it wonderful when you find a really long hair in your food that's yours and you pull it out and it's about a foot long at least and covered in all bits of food.

i think if I'm out with someone I'd probably just eat it than put them off their dinner.
Great timing! It just happened some minutes ago while I was eating and I wanted to write about it here and now I found this thread! wow!

Well, actually it is common hair to find a way in my mouth but it's the first time I was swallowing a very long strand of hair along with my vegetarian burger. I started pulling it out and pieces of burger would come out and fall on the dish. My sweet Penny (my Tibetan spaniel dog) was sitting on my legs and she instantly become interested :D

spidermom
December 4th, 2011, 11:25 AM
I'm pretty much forbiddden to be in the kitchen with my hair loose. haha
I've even had to pull one of my hairs out of the tortoise's hind end. Ewwwwwwwwww!
Plus my dog. Ewwwwwwwwwwwww!Ewwwwwwwwwwwww!

Velvet Dreamer
December 4th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Hair in my food = nope.jpg
Heck, things that just look like hair in my food make me stop eating.

Rybe
December 4th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Uhgg I hate when I find my hair around the kitchen. Though it is at least somewhat reassuring when I'm out to eat and end up pulling 3 feet of hair out of my food...at least then if I have to have hair in my food, I know it's MINE. Makes it about 100x less gross.

BlazingHeart
December 4th, 2011, 12:05 PM
The other night, my sweetie made cornbread to go with dinner. I discovered what was clearly a piece of my hair in it, despite the fact that I never cook and don't spend much time in the kitchen.

My service dog does end up eating my hair rather often. Fortunately, so far, he's passed them on his own. If your pets eat your hair, do NOT pull it out of them - you can badly damage their intestines! You just have to cut off where it, ah, emerges from them, and let them pass the rest the next time they go.

fiddlefananb
December 4th, 2011, 12:40 PM
I am disgusted by hair in my food even my own. I will stop eating immediately if I find hair. Sometimes it will be a awhile before I can eat that particular food again. I watched my boss take a bite of a wrap she had made and pull a big long food covered hair out of it and I almost threw up. She said it was probably her own and continued to eat like it had never happened Yuck!

isabelx
December 4th, 2011, 12:48 PM
I'm pretty much forbiddden to be in the kitchen with my hair loose. haha
I've even had to pull one of my hairs out of the tortoise's hind end. Ewwwwwwwwww!
Plus my dog. Ewwwwwwwwwwwww!Ewwwwwwwwwwwww!

:spitting:

Amber_Maiden
December 4th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Worse yet, when you find a foot long hair - and it came out of your cat !

That can be serious stuff it it gets pulled out instead of coming out naturally .

Ask me how I know ...

My Water Dragon would have free range of the house, and a couple of times she pooped out hair... gross I know. And once I had to pull it out... :rolleyes:

mapster1022
December 4th, 2011, 04:03 PM
I'd like to quote my mom (a long hair) on this post - "I'd rather find a long hair on my plate than choke on a short one"

That being said - I try to brush outdoors when I am a guest in anyone's house. I confine my styling to one place in my house and I always have an updo when I am in the kitchen. If I am cooking for a dinner party I am especially cautious. Nothing more gross than finding my hair in an entree. yuck.

Viperalus
December 4th, 2011, 04:43 PM
I never had a problem with my own hair and that of my dog (she has not so long hair though). Perhaps it's because myself and my dog are familiar to me (I sleep with my dog). But... it's all in the mind :)

My Water Dragon would have free range of the house, and a couple of times she pooped out hair... gross I know. And once I had to pull it out... :rolleyes:
Do you have a green water dragon? My favorite lizard when I had reptiles some years ago (and I had many reptiles).
But since 2009 I have decided that no animal belongs inside cages. Difficult decision for me that I love animals, but this way taught me that the only way to love animals is by not keeping them caged. :)

Chamy
December 5th, 2011, 10:44 AM
I would vomit. Ironically for a LHC member i have a phobia of hair. If it' not on my head i start to feel sick in the pit of my stomach. If it is wet on top of it all, i vomit. :(

jesis
December 5th, 2011, 10:55 AM
DBF and I find my hair everywhere. I think it bothers me more than it bothers him.

Zenjam
December 7th, 2011, 07:51 AM
Haha, Ive tried that too.. and I always wonder, how it got there ;)

chrystalevonne
December 7th, 2011, 08:02 AM
I am mortified when someone else finds my a hair in the kitchen or on their plate. I always wear my hair up in the kitchen and keep my house super clean. I don't know how my hairs get everywhere. UGH so gross and frustrating!! anyone have any good tips to keep them from ending up any and everywhere??