PDA

View Full Version : is it time for a change ?

blondecat
December 3rd, 2011, 10:43 PM
Hi all, I've got hip/bum lenght very fine natural blonde hair

it's thin possibily for medically reasons [getting testing for Cushings] wich inludes hair thinking and loss. [bummer :(]

My hair breaks Very very easily.

I have *face fraiming layers* wich makes it thinner again.

Anyway this lenght is bother ing me in way I would not have pre thought of.

I burn it on the stove top.

it dips into the sink when washing dishes.

it catches on *everything*

I cant do anything with it Plait or twist wise [im a clutz] I do know how to do styles when it a little shorter.
When i bun it, I keep having to take it out to get into and out of car all the time, bugs me no end. [constantly in and out of the car] bun hits hard on headrest.

Im thinking of trimming back to Waist and see how that is. if that doesnt work, a longer BSL. :(

I still get plenty of compliments on my hair so it is not pressure from others.
The condition is 'Fair' not fab, just fair.

Im just not happy with where im at.

I dont know if Im just venting and looking for Validation............... or if Im looking for suggestions.
Both I suppose.

TIA, Choc chip cookies for all.

blondecat
December 3rd, 2011, 10:56 PM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a125/reddog1964/4956ebc9.jpg

A pic from 2 weekds ago

That a strand of my hair across my chest/

Oh yes, The sydrome made me bloat terribiily, im not usually that bloated

Hollyfire3
December 3rd, 2011, 10:58 PM
I would LOVE to have waist length hair! If i were you, i would just stick the idea of changing your hair in your head for a few weeks. Think of how long it has taken you to get where you are, why you wanted the long hair in the first place, and if you really do still enjoy it. If none of these answers amount to, yeah i love my hair and will keep it, make a gradual change first, like cuting 2-3 inches off. Sometimes, a trim like that is perfect for getting life back into your hair and making it behave more to your liking. Remeber, start small then go more drastic. Or, if you decide you still love you hair, embrace it, own it and love it. Trust me, i think we all have days when we feel a little boring or frumpy, even if we aren't even close to it.

Hollyfire3
December 3rd, 2011, 10:59 PM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a125/reddog1964/4956ebc9.jpg

A pic from 2 weekds ago

That a strand of my hair across my chest/

Oh yes, The sydrome made me bloat terribiily, im not usually that bloated

wow, i think your hair is definitly NOT time to change! It is soo pretty, looks healthy and is soo long! oh and i LOVE the blondecat thing! cute saying.

blondecat
December 3rd, 2011, 11:02 PM
Thanks Holl :)

Ive had my long hair for near 30 years. i would never go short if I have anything to say about it.

I guess Im just frustreted mostly about the styles thingy at moment and car headrest

blondecat
December 3rd, 2011, 11:05 PM
Holly My Initials also spell

C.A.T.

Irony at its best ;)

Hollyfire3
December 3rd, 2011, 11:09 PM
Thanks Holl :)

Ive had my long hair for near 30 years. i would never go short if I have anything to say about it.

I guess Im just frustreted mostly about the styles thingy at moment and car headrest

Oh wow just made my day by calling me Holl! If you know who Holly Marie Combs is, you will understand why it is such an honor to be called that! 30 yrs! Wow, i am soo proud that you are just now thinking about cutting it off! I think that if you try a simple 3 strand braid or even just a ponytail with a no-damage big scrunchie, you will be happier with your hair up. try half-up dos, they are cute and easy but do not hit the headrest of the car as much

Hollyfire3
December 3rd, 2011, 11:10 PM
Holly My Initials also spell

C.A.T.

Irony at its best ;)

yes that is awsome! Do you love cats? I ADORE them! especially the long haired ones . . .ironic i'll say, but i love them all equally too!

Hollyfire3
December 3rd, 2011, 11:12 PM
For the hair breakage you say you are having, try some sort of strengthening treatment or product, maybe the cause is as simple as an off thrown balance of protein and moisture. Be careful with the protein though. . . .that can go overboard badly fast.

blondecat
December 3rd, 2011, 11:17 PM
:) yes I do love cats

Dgs, rabbits, guinni pics, birds, chooks ducks.budgeies cockatiels rosellas etc.

Roos, Wambats eckidnas, playties, Every, I loovvee

I always wanted a horse, but I never had one :(

spidermom
December 3rd, 2011, 11:20 PM
How much time do you put into practicing styles? Everybody is a klutz until they get some practice and experience. Your hair wouldn't get into things like the stove top so much if you wore it up or braided. My family doesn't like to see me in the kitchen with my hair down ever because they don't like finding hair in their food or on the dishes.

Pull your hair over one shoulder when you're sitting around and practicing plaiting. It's very easy. Right strand over center strand, left strand over center strand, right over center, left over center. Just keep passing your hair from hand to hand; you'll get it.

There are a lot of how-to videos on YouTube. Some people need to see, others can follow directions.

blondecat
December 3rd, 2011, 11:21 PM
Ive done hair masks of Cassie

of full fat greek yogart.

Ive done the olive oil thing

I tried a henna gloss [and turned a little orange lol, hillarious

Hollyfire3
December 3rd, 2011, 11:21 PM
:) yes I do love cats

Dgs, rabbits, guinni pics, birds, chooks ducks.budgeies cockatiels rosellas etc.

Roos, Wambats eckidnas, playties, Every, I loovvee

I always wanted a horse, but I never had one :(

oh wow same here!

blondecat
December 3rd, 2011, 11:24 PM
Yeh I can plait over my should, but it still dips into everything, stove included.

Ive got bursitis on my right shoulder, It doesnt help a lot.

I suppost ill just keep bunning

:/ why did Dori the fish just jump into my head. whith her ............ just keep swimming, Just keep swimming, just keep swimming

Hollyfire3
December 3rd, 2011, 11:28 PM
Yeh I can plait over my should, but it still dips into everything, stove included.

Ive got bursitis on my right shoulder, It doesnt help a lot.

I suppost ill just keep bunning

:/ why did Dori the fish just jump into my head. whith her ............ just keep swimming, Just keep swimming, just keep swimming

you can always try to pin the braid to your head. My hair is FARR to thick to try but, if yours is fine enough, grab some bobby pins, plait away, then sitiuate the braid into a sort of figure 8 or so (not a bun, just a shape) close to your head and pin the crap out of it. I don't know, it might work?

blondecat
December 3rd, 2011, 11:31 PM
you can always try to pin the braid to your head. My hair is FARR to thick to try but, if yours is fine enough, grab some bobby pins, plait away, then sitiuate the braid into a sort of figure 8 or so (not a bun, just a shape) close to your head and pin the crap out of it. I don't know, it might work?

Ive tried it, I think I need to try again so it doesnt pull

LadyKate
December 3rd, 2011, 11:34 PM
Your hair looks to be similar to mine (fine, wavy, naturally blonde) and I almost never wear mine down. I do a lot of braids and braided updos, but I also do a lot of buns. I have also found that right on the back of my head can be a little annoying in the car, so I move mine (around. Sometimes I do a side bun, often a low bun, at night for sleeping I bun my hair right up on top of my head. (Not the most flattering look for my particular face shape, but it's very comfy for sleeping.) I had a lot of trouble with braids at first too, but I just kept practicing until they got easy. Youtube tutorials have helped me a lot to learn some more interesting braid styles (torrinpaige and ladollyvita33 are my favorites). Also, I find that if I'm using hairsticks for my buns, I tend to bump them into things and knock my buns loose, so I use bobby pins most of the time. Anyway, if it's really bothering you, try cutting it back a bit, but you might want to try some different up-styles first to see if that solves the problem for you.

Quixii
December 3rd, 2011, 11:35 PM
I don't know a lot of buns, but when I do a cinnabun nice and flat, I can wear it without problems in the car. :) You might try just perfecting a couple buns like that to keep it out of the way before cutting. But if you really think you'd be happier with shorter hair, that's okay! Really! You are welcome to do whatever you want with your hair! :flower:

Hollyfire3
December 3rd, 2011, 11:37 PM
Ive tried it, I think I need to try again so it doesnt pull

yeah just try it and see if you can make it work. Also, try loop, you know, a ponytail not pulled through all the way? That might be more comfortable than a bun.

blondecat
December 3rd, 2011, 11:38 PM
I don't know a lot of buns, but when I do a cinnabun nice and flat, I can wear it without problems in the car. :) You might try just perfecting a couple buns like that to keep it out of the way before cutting. But if you really think you'd be happier with shorter hair, that's okay! Really! You are welcome to do whatever you want with your hair! :flower:

Unfortunately the shape of my car seat back, the head rest is tight up against my head, leaving my hair down.

I love the car, but next time this is one area I will pay more attention to

Hollyfire3
December 3rd, 2011, 11:43 PM
yeah i also forgot to add, as others mentioned above, it is your hair do what will make YOU happy.:D

Quixii
December 3rd, 2011, 11:50 PM
Unfortunately the shape of my car seat back, the head rest is tight up against my head, leaving my hair down.

I love the car, but next time this is one area I will pay more attention to
Oh, darn. :(
What about a braid? For driving you could just wear it down/bring it over your shoulder. For going out and about you could maybe clip it up with a claw clip (http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41YH8B33KAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg), which is so easy to do it just needs a little practice to make sure you don't pull hairs, and you wouldn't need to spend a significant amount of time doing it every time you get into and out of the car. If you want me to take a picture to demonstrate what I mean, just ask. :)

blondecat
December 3rd, 2011, 11:51 PM
Thanks all :)

Dont worry, Im not going all chop happy. I intend to be the crotchety little old lady with the big grey bun handing out cookies.

blondecat
December 3rd, 2011, 11:53 PM
Oh, darn. :(
What about a braid? For driving you could just wear it down/bring it over your shoulder. For going out and about you could maybe clip it up with a claw clip (http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41YH8B33KAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg), which is so easy to do it just needs a little practice to make sure you don't pull hairs, and you wouldn't need to spend a significant amount of time doing it every time you get into and out of the car. If you want me to take a picture to demonstrate what I mean, just ask. :)

Please, I you can demonstrate, i would love to see.

I do have a clip, twist my hair into a coil and clip, but my hair is thin and 10 minutes later, it falls out.

Hollyfire3
December 3rd, 2011, 11:53 PM
Thanks all :)

Dont worry, Im not going all chop happy. I intend to be the crotchety little old lady with the big grew bun handing out cookies.

Thats an awsome goal to have Blondecat! Love it!

blondecat
December 3rd, 2011, 11:56 PM

hahhaa It was supposed to be 'Grey' not grew

blondecat
December 3rd, 2011, 11:57 PM

Yup, me in a twin set knit sweater and pleated skirt, yelling at the dear little ones to keep of the weeds [er grass?]

blondecat
December 4th, 2011, 03:56 AM
during the shower just now, my longest part of my hair tickles my Wrist. I dont know what lenght that is tho.

julliams
December 4th, 2011, 04:54 AM
If I need my braid/plait to not flop around whilst I'm cooking/exercising etc, I tuck it under my bra strap. It stays there happily and it keeps it out of harms way.

cindy58
December 4th, 2011, 05:01 AM
The longest my hair has been is a little past TB -- I like how it looks, but like you, I was tired of it falling in the way too much of the time. It's often up, but there is enough "down" time too, and that's when it's the issue. My hair is also heavy, and the buns would slip sideways too. So I was considering the weight of it as well as the length.

I thought about it for quite awhile, and finally ended up doing two large trims the past year. I was happy with that and will do again as needed. I know it doesn't make sense, but it seems to grow back very quickly too. I'm back at about waist now after a 10" trim in July.

blondecat
December 4th, 2011, 10:25 PM
The longest my hair has been is a little past TB -- I like how it looks, but like you, I was tired of it falling in the way too much of the time. It's often up, but there is enough "down" time too, and that's when it's the issue. My hair is also heavy, and the buns would slip sideways too. So I was considering the weight of it as well as the length.

I thought about it for quite awhile, and finally ended up doing two large trims the past year. I was happy with that and will do again as needed. I know it doesn't make sense, but it seems to grow back very quickly too. I'm back at about waist now after a 10" trim in July.

Thank You,

I think Ill do a 2-3 inch 'trim' and see how it goes.

it's early summer here, my hair will grow back with the warm weather.

Also being summer, being able to keep it up and off my neck is important. other issue, Im have Pre menopausal hot Flashes like about every 10 minutes :(

3 inches off is still below waist for me .

On a different note, my 'Face framing layers' are now below my ears, Im hoping to grow them out too.

Amber_Maiden
December 5th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Good luck! Your hair is beautiful!

jacqueline101
December 5th, 2011, 02:41 PM
I have tailbone length as my goal. I think your hair is lovely and maybe you could try a pony tail to help keep it out of the way.