PDA

View Full Version : Scalp massage techniques

Miss Catrina
December 3rd, 2011, 06:19 PM
A lot of people here are in to scalp massages with oil; but has anyone ever used a wire scalp massager and noticed any benefits? I tried one in a store and it felt fantastic, and they're so cheap, I'm quite tempted.

They look like this:

http://i44.tinypic.com/1ex7px.png

jesis
December 3rd, 2011, 06:22 PM
That looks amazing. Where did you find it? I want one!

mneh
December 3rd, 2011, 06:24 PM
A lot of people here are in to scalp massages with oil; but has anyone ever used a wire scalp massager and noticed any benefits? I tried one in a store and it felt fantastic, and they're so cheap, I'm quite tempted.

They look like this:

http://i44.tinypic.com/1ex7px.png

I've seen those listed in lots of Xmas gift catalogues, over the years, and have often wondered if they're worth the money. I'd worry that if I tried one it might get tangled in my wurls or that it might backcomb my hair ;) When I was a girl, I used to sit at my Nanna's feet and watch telly with her while she sort of gently scratched my scalp, it was a lovely feeling that I'd like to recreate, if this device could do that I'd buy one in a second :)

Miss Catrina
December 3rd, 2011, 06:28 PM
I actually saw it in the little impulse buy and gift section of Forever 21. It cost about $2.50, I think.

My friend with curls somewhere between chin and shoulder length tried it as well and didn't seem to get stuck or tangled, for what it's worth.

mneh
December 3rd, 2011, 06:57 PM
I actually saw it in the little impulse buy and gift section of Forever 21. It cost about $2.50, I think.

My friend with curls somewhere between chin and shoulder length tried it as well and didn't seem to get stuck or tangled, for what it's worth.

That's all good info :) I'm quite tempted to try a scalp massager, maybe I could train my husband to use it and he could massage my scalp and relax me. He likes gadgets, so maybe I could sell the idea to him by emphasising the gadget aspect :)

Shimmy
December 3rd, 2011, 07:27 PM
Bed Bath & Beyond sells them, I got mine from there............. It's wonderful

AcornMystic
December 3rd, 2011, 07:35 PM
Oooh, yes! My sister has one. She originally had one that was just a regular one like that but only 1 layer of wire (I've never seen one with multiple layers). Now she has one that is still only 1 layer but it vibrates. It's got a battery pack within the handle. Let me tell you, it is rare that I use it and don't get that eyes-rolling-into-the-back-of-your-head sensation. I must find one vibrates AND is multiple layers. :eyebrows:

I highly recommend them. Don't worry about them getting tangled or back combing. The wires, having smooth bulbs on the end, glide through your hair, through the hair close to your scalp, hardly disturbing the hair shafts. They are a divine creation.:cloud9:

bna_rapunzel
December 3rd, 2011, 09:25 PM
I have one and it is wonderful! I got mine at a local record store lol! I've always wondered if it was okay to use... good to know 'cuz I love mine!!

proo
December 4th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Ya know that scene in "The Mask" where his tongue flops out on the floor and his eyeball are on stalks? Feels like that.

isabelx
December 4th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Ahhh I have one of these, it was great at start but now I seem to have kind of become 'immune' to it's tingly sensation :D

bna_rapunzel
December 4th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Ahhh I have one of these, it was great at start but now I seem to have kind of become 'immune' to it's tingly sensation :D

I know where you're coming from! When I was first using mine I couldn't sit still. Now it just relaxes me.

Chamy
December 6th, 2011, 06:06 AM
they are quite popular in sweden right now, and you can buy them in a lot of places. I got one, but it has uneven on the tips, so my hair got caught in it and torn out. That was not very relaxing. haha

bouclée
December 6th, 2011, 06:46 AM
I have found another kind of massager on the Internet: it's called the bed of pins (http://www.beautifulonraw.com/Skin_Rejuvinater_Bed_of_Nails.html). It says it's great to stimulate hair growth (and for the skin too) I should receive it next week... :)
Did someone try this? What do you think?
I'll report back when I'll have used it a few times...

PaganPriestess
December 6th, 2011, 07:09 AM
I used to work in a store that started to sell those when they first came out.. yeah, my scalp is way too sensitive for that. Gave me the heebeejeebees all over. Felt good, but just too much for me.

Amber_Maiden
December 6th, 2011, 11:09 AM
I use one of those as well! LOVE IT! :D

Kyaatje
December 6th, 2011, 12:48 PM
well the first time somebody demonstrated that on me I was making noises I usually don't make outside off my own house :o:o
Off course I needed to get one for home :p Still has the same effect when somebody else uses it on my scalp, when I do it myself it is not that strong

clairenewcastle
December 6th, 2011, 01:09 PM
I bought one of those scalp massagers a couple of years ago, but gave up using it after a while because it didn't put enough pressure on my scalp.
Admittedly it felt good and the wires never got entangled with my hair, but I just preferred the feeling of massaging my scalp with my finger tips.

chrystalevonne
December 6th, 2011, 03:52 PM
i bought one on amazon for about $3. I LOVED the first time i used it, it felt so weird and so good. BUT it never felt that good after the first time or two. Yes its massaging, but not like the first wow feeling. Kinda strange I know, has anyone else experienced that??