PDA

View Full Version : Help me find an updo that I will like!

Irish Fae
December 3rd, 2011, 04:05 PM
Hello Ladies (and Gentleman),

I know that I need to wear my hair up more often to avoid damage to the fragile ends I'm trying to maintain. However, I can't seem to find any styles I like as well as wearing my hair down! My hair is wavy, fairly thick, and not very obedient. I envy girls who can pull their hair up into that "purposely dishevelled" style and have it look stylish and effortless, but my hair will not do that easily.

I would like to stay away from buns and french twists, although I greatly admire them on other people. I would like something a bit more casual for myself, and not too tight or severe.

There is a photo of my hair in my profile.

Photos of styles would be of great help! Thank you so much for any suggestions!

jesis
December 3rd, 2011, 04:21 PM
I think, short of buns and french twists, braids would be close to your only option. Maybe I'm wrong and can't think of anything else.

Sometimes I french braid my hair down and tuck the ends under. Then I use a headband. Pretty cute.

Madora
December 3rd, 2011, 04:23 PM
I don't know if this style meets your requirements, but it works well with shorter hair:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPHEzUr5bWQ

julliams
December 3rd, 2011, 04:30 PM
I have some updos in my album - feel free to take a look.

Calaelen
December 3rd, 2011, 04:52 PM
there is one in my album that may suit your needs, I think I called it my funky updo, or something along those lines, you'll know the one right away..

vanity_acefake
December 3rd, 2011, 04:57 PM
Look up the hairstyle dictionary. There are so many different updos for you to try out.
I found with my thick hair it really was a case of trial and error.
Good luck.

Chromis
December 3rd, 2011, 04:57 PM
Check out the articles section here! There are loads of fantastic ideas there. Also try the hairstyle of the month forum for lots of pictures. You can watch for other people that have the same hairtype easily that way for a better idea of how things will look.

shikara
December 3rd, 2011, 07:30 PM
You can also check out my album with a lot of pinned upswept styles that turn out differently everytime??? I started a thread here - there shoukd still be a posting from this afternoon. Its called something like Pinned Upsweeps Great For Slippy or Fine Hair. Let us know what you find!

Irish Fae
December 3rd, 2011, 08:18 PM
Thank you so much for all of the thoughtful replies!

spidermom
December 3rd, 2011, 08:42 PM
If you see anything that you like in my "tames the web" album, let me know.

PaganPriestess
December 3rd, 2011, 09:07 PM
I have a lot of braids and updos in my album. :)