PDA

View Full Version : clary sage oil for hair growth??

kittymallow
December 3rd, 2011, 02:49 PM
I was wondering if anybody here has experience with clary sage oil and hair growth, because i read somewhere that it was ofrene used as a hairgrowth remedy to awaken "sleeping" hair follicels(sp?) I just made a blend of castor oil, clove leaf oil, clary sage oil, and lavender oil, and was planning to use this on my scalp for some time to see what happens :)

swearnsue
December 3rd, 2011, 03:09 PM
I also made my own scalp massage oil and used almost the same ingredients as you. I've been using it since mid August and my hair has grown thicker and stronger. I use castor oil, coconut oil, sesame oil, essential oils of clary sage, lavendar and rosemary. I didn't measure the amounts and it has changed over time as I add this or that. I massage it into my scalp and leave it on for an hour or more and shampoo it out. My hair is so much thicker and healthier than it used to be. If you want to "test" your oil out first to make sure it isn't too strong because of the clove oil, dab some on the inside of your elbow and see if it feels too tingly.

kittymallow
December 3rd, 2011, 03:12 PM
Oh good to hear:) i have not reacted to the clove oil before and i just added the extra oils in my Regular oil that was with the clove oil :) i addad some drops of ylang ylang too :)

shikara
December 3rd, 2011, 03:43 PM
Ive never heard of clary sage for that purpose. I include it in my tonic because it helps balance hormones (estrogrn) in skin and scalp and is recommended in essential oil tonics for mature women. Rosemary oil, though, stimulates the follicles.

Kapri
December 3rd, 2011, 04:00 PM
Swearnsue, sounds like a fab mix. If you colour your hair does it have an effect on the colour?

Kapri

owlathena
July 25th, 2012, 04:02 PM
I've been doing scalp massages with clary sage and rosemary in jojoba oil. I've been doing them once or twice a week for the past month or so, leaving it on over night or even for a whole day (I just put it up and don't really care if it looks greasy). I definitely haven't had an increase in growth, its even maybe a little slower than usual, but that could be for any number of reasons. In general, my hair is happy, and I'm going to keep on doing the massages with the clary sage unless I have a reason to not use it.

I wanted to bump this thread to see if anyone has any results to report?

swearnsue
July 25th, 2012, 04:29 PM
I'm still using my oil for scalp massage but the oil recipe has changed. I use much less clove, added olive oil and rosemary. It's very thick and sticky from the castor oil so I can only leave it on for about 2 hours at the most before I just HAVE to wash it out of my hair! I don't use it every time a shampoo, maybe only once every other week. My ponytail circumference has gone from less than 2" to 2 1/4".

Falcore
July 25th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Oooh not sure if it's good for hair growth but it is my favourite scent in essential oils.

Shepherdess
July 25th, 2012, 11:22 PM
That sounds really interesting, I think I might like to try it!

ChloeDharma
October 31st, 2014, 10:09 AM
I'm bumping this up as it came up in my googling various oils. I'm a fan of clary sage and have used it in scalp blends though not regularly enough to say if it did anything for growth. I've also included it in blends for face skin. One thing I do notice is it really helps if you want a good nights sleep.

renia22
November 1st, 2015, 03:18 PM
Bumping this thread, just wanted to mention I just started using clary sage. I've only had luck with rosemary essential oil so far, it helps a lot with my shedding. Other essential oils made my shedding worse. However I have some clary sage on hand and decided to add it to my rosemary and aloe mix and so far so good! Did not irritate and does not exacerbate shedding on me. Mostly I'm trying it to seeing I can regain some old thickness. Fingers crossed.

Does anyone have updates on whether or not it's worked for them?

LegoCaltrops
November 2nd, 2015, 12:18 PM
Interesting. I'm thinking of using clary sage & peppermint in AV gel. I didn't know rosemary was useful too. I can't use actual oils (with oleic acid) on my scalp as they, along with CO washing, increase my shedding.

renia22
November 3rd, 2015, 08:15 AM
Interesting. I'm thinking of using clary sage & peppermint in AV gel. I didn't know rosemary was useful too. I can't use actual oils (with oleic acid) on my scalp as they, along with CO washing, increase my shedding.

Same here, (all) carrier oils make my shedding worse. Aloe doesn't, and rosemary eo with the aloe has been very helpful with shedding on me. Hoping the clary sage can help too. Good luck with your clary sage/ peppermint/ aloe mix!