PDA

View Full Version : Dr Organic

SopphireGem
December 3rd, 2011, 12:41 PM
Has anyone used a Dr Organic shampoo and conditioner? What do you think of it?

isabelx
December 3rd, 2011, 01:20 PM
I have. I used Dr. Organic Lavender shampoo and hated it, didn't lather in my hands and I found I needed to wash my hair a day earlier than usual as it just didn't clean my hair very well at all. I had to use loads each time as it just didn't spread out on my scalp. Don't let my experiences put you off though if you're considering using them, what doesn't work for somebody may be great for another. Another thing, if you're trying to divert away from sulfates, I thought my hair would be better without them after reading how 'bad' they are, but in reality my hair loves sulfates, I can't go without them. Don't think everything you read will apply to you :)

pepperminttea
December 3rd, 2011, 01:54 PM
I tried the Pomegranate shampoo and wasn't impressed. I've used glucoside cleansers in another shampoo and they worked really well for me in that, but for some reason the Dr Organic leaves my hair very dry and tangly.

Edit, six months later: I tried this again recently (the bottle was still in the back of my cabinet and I'm trying to use things up), and I have to admit, I'm really quite impressed. My roots came out very soft and happy, and my scalp was no more annoyed than usual. I think I may have dismissed this one way too soon! (Or perhaps with a humectant (aloe) as the first ingredient, it made my hair drier in winter, but now the rainy British summer has arrived, it works better?)

LocustSpawning
December 3rd, 2011, 02:43 PM
I used the Dr Organic royal jelly shampoo, together with the royal jelly conditioner & the extra virgin olive oil conditioner. I liked it quite a lot, had no problems! Left my hair soft.

Faepirate
December 3rd, 2011, 02:59 PM
Hmm I've been meaning to try these for a while now! I really like their tea tree lip balm. I haven't tried any hair products yet but might pick some up next time I'm in H&B. :)