PDA

View Full Version : Hillary's Bun

Sewas
December 2nd, 2011, 07:28 PM
Hillary Clinton has a bun now! I have been watching the progress as she grows her hair long. I think she would look very pretty in a soft french twist with some wispy bangs around her face. Good for her. There will always be those that say older women should not have long hair.

Amber_Maiden
December 2nd, 2011, 07:30 PM
No way! I must look up a pic, I'm so used to seeing her with short hair...

summerjade
December 2nd, 2011, 07:57 PM
I saw her on the news tonight with the bun. I really thought it looked nice on her. I think she looks more stylish since she has grown her hair out.

jesis
December 2nd, 2011, 07:59 PM
She looks cute!

jaine
December 2nd, 2011, 08:08 PM
Do you have a picture? I tried a google image search but there are so many pictures of her, I don't think I could sort through them all.

allycat
December 2nd, 2011, 08:09 PM
Wow, she looks stunning! What a strikingly beautiful woman she has become. I want to look like her when I'm that age.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/gallery/2011/dec/01/hillary-clinton-burma-in-pictures?intcmp=239#/?picture=382715913&index=0

Scroll through these slides. She looks so graceful and just beautiful.

holothuroidea
December 2nd, 2011, 08:31 PM
I like the long hair on her better but I don't appreciate that her face looks a lot different than it did a couple of years ago. It may be just my perception is wrong but I think she had some unnecessary procedures done. If its true it sends a pretty unfortunate message to young girls aspiring to any positions of political power.

But on topic, the bun is very elegant on her. :)

jaine
December 2nd, 2011, 09:18 PM
I think she looks nice!
I think she looks different too but I wonder if that's because she's not surrounded by "big hair" any more. Her hair was kind of huge when it was short. Now it's more sleek.

ETA: then again they always say, when you get "procedures" done you should change something else at the same time, like hair color or length, to throw people off the scent! :)

2peasinapod
December 2nd, 2011, 09:58 PM
She looks like a ballerina (well, her hair, anyway) with the bun. I like the picture of it down in the teal suit best.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2011/12/1/1322758855515/Hillary-Clinton-shakes-ha-007.jpg

Aeris
December 2nd, 2011, 10:02 PM
She looks very pretty with the longer hair - it softens her image quite a bit. I like it!

holothuroidea
December 2nd, 2011, 10:33 PM
I think she looks nice!
I think she looks different too but I wonder if that's because she's not surrounded by "big hair" any more. Her hair was kind of huge when it was short. Now it's more sleek.

ETA: then again they always say, when you get "procedures" done you should change something else at the same time, like hair color or length, to throw people off the scent! :)

The first time I noticed the change was in an article in time or newsweek (can't remember), and her hair was still short. When I see celebrities and whatever people have these unnecessary procedures (as I so euphemistically call them) I shake my head in pity and never think on it again. What bothers me is the number of young women with breast implants (and if I offend anyone on here who has them then GOOD! I think they are just terrible and... anyway...), and then to see someone in a position like Mrs. Clinton, who is one of the first ladies to ever have a solid shot at a presidency... once you've done that you've got a certain level of integrity you need to hold for the next generation and...

I am ranting. :o I feel very strongly about this. Anyway in all honesty I hope that my eyes deceive me or at least that most people wont pick up on it.

ETA: I am sorry that involved myself in conversation on this matter, and I am also sorry that I showed so little grace. It's a big trigger issue for me and I lost myself. For that, I apologize.

Kyla
December 3rd, 2011, 12:12 AM
What bothers me is the number of young women with breast implants (and if I offend anyone on here who has them then GOOD! I think they are just terrible and... anyway...),

I don't understand your reasoning behind potentially offending people. But anyway, this has nothing to do with the original thread topic, and I think it shouldn't be derailed any further.

I think Hillary's bun looks really pretty. :) It's very flattering for her face, in my opinion.

ericthegreat
December 3rd, 2011, 12:32 AM
She looks so sleek and elegant! I love that she is finally growing her hair out long again, she probably hasn't had it this long in decades. Plus, the makeup and the pantsuit she's wearing all come together to make her look attractive in a smart, professional way.

On a side note, I love that she met with Aung San Suu Kyi, who is a famous human rights activist in Myanmar. She was just recently released from over 20 years of house arrest in her country for speaking out against the terrible abuses inflicted on the poor people of that country by the military regime which runs the country. I'm sure that meeting with Hilary has now only strengthened Aung San's resolve to keep fighting for her people.

fluffybunny
December 3rd, 2011, 01:00 AM
I love both looks on her-- bunned and with loose, relatively natural looking hair. I hate the big immobile helmet of shortish hair look that is such a common sight on women who need to look professional. Yay for Hillary for moving away from that.

Thanks for posting this, I don't follow the news and hadn't even seen a pic of Hillary in ages.

Syrena
December 3rd, 2011, 01:33 AM
I like her with longer hair. I think it suits her better. She looks more elegant in that bun :)

auroraclio
December 3rd, 2011, 01:37 AM
Her hair looks gorgeous!

ktani
December 3rd, 2011, 04:23 AM
I like the longer length on her too. I would just like to see it more naturally shaped, not in a "style" or a long bob, just more naturally long. It seems in some pictures to be almost a "flip" or almost turned under and it could be more flattering if "looser" with some shaping as it grows.

One of the long haired celebrities I admire for her hair, the least of which I admire her for because I think she is an amazing person is Angelina Jolie. In many pictures her hair, when she first grew it out it looked when styled as if the stylist did not know what to do with it. It is now much more fluid and looks great to me.

Example, http://www.people.com/people/angelina_jolie/photos/0,,,00.html#21057615

ETA: Even for an event, I love this, http://www.people.com/people/angelina_jolie/photos/0,,,00.html#21078776

It is styled but gently and naturally shaped and is very flattering.

Pumpkin
December 3rd, 2011, 05:27 AM
I saw her with the bun last night on the news and the first thought I had was, "wow, she really looks good". I think she looks better now than when her husband was in office.

EmiliaF
December 3rd, 2011, 06:41 AM
I think it looks great! I like long hair on older women and think it makes them look so wise... ;) I am going to be an old women with long hair... most probably not wise, but still :D

jacqueline101
December 3rd, 2011, 07:24 AM
Long hair suits her. I like it.

Madora
December 3rd, 2011, 08:07 AM
Mrs. Clinton bun is cute..but would have looked nicer if it had been placed a bit higher on the back of her head.

Carrie Ingalls
December 3rd, 2011, 09:49 AM
I just noticed her bun while channel flipping a few nights ago, I thought "wow, she is really making progress and now she has hit the bun milestone!"

But, I have to say I think it will look even better when it is a bit longer and she can more easily wear it in a softer updo. Because honestly I didn't love the over all look of the hair do, the bun itself was adorable, but I thought the look was pretty severe. I don't think it it really did anything for her face, some of it could be the particular camera angles and the lighting, but some of the shots I saw the other night where downright unflattering. Just my personal opinion. But I applaud her for growing it out, it can't be easy to do when you are in the public eye so much.

coffinhert
December 3rd, 2011, 10:00 AM
I want Hilary to sign my cast!

ktani
December 3rd, 2011, 10:20 AM
She is getting "beaten up" over wearing a scrunche, which I think is ridiculous, lol. Her choice matched her blouse, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/01/hillary-clinton-scrunchie_n_888948.html.

I voted that I like it and at the time, others voted positively too, more than negative.

She looks great here, and is shy and greatful for a compliment on her hair, http://www.harpersbazaar.com/magazine/feature-articles/hillary-clinton-interview

Orangerthanred
December 3rd, 2011, 10:56 AM
Finally a political woman without the usual short hairstyle! :D

ktani
December 3rd, 2011, 11:03 AM
Finally a political woman without the usual short hairstyle! :D

Well she is currently in jail but there is Yulia Volodymyrivna Tymoshenko, http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=65871 and her hair is long and gorgeous.

princessp
December 3rd, 2011, 12:20 PM
I'm glad you posted this I've noticed her hair a lot lately too. I think she looks spectacular with longer hair and that bun -wow! She's a phenomenal woman. Even though Bill was a horrible environmentalist and on free trade (so I assume she feels similar), I kind of hope she runs for president again in '16 (and keeps her hair longer). A long haired progressive female president, I would indeed die happy.

Beatnik Guy
December 3rd, 2011, 02:58 PM
They both look genuinely pleased to meet each other. :D

Wow, she looks stunning! What a strikingly beautiful woman she has become. I want to look like her when I'm that age.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/gallery/2011/dec/01/hillary-clinton-burma-in-pictures?intcmp=239#/?picture=382715913&index=0

Scroll through these slides. She looks so graceful and just beautiful.

turtlelover
December 3rd, 2011, 03:18 PM
I don't like her political views, but I agree that the longer hair is a softer and much better look on her.:D

MsBubbles
December 3rd, 2011, 03:26 PM
I have been monitoring Hilary's long-hair journey for a while. I'm excited! I hope she keeps growing it!

Tabitha
December 3rd, 2011, 03:28 PM
In the first pic of that series she has a look of Madonna as Eva Peron.

silverjen
December 3rd, 2011, 03:50 PM
She's grown into herself in an incredible way. I can only hope to age half as gracefully.

jaine
December 3rd, 2011, 04:00 PM
I came back to look at these pictures and couldn't help wondering if she's damp-bunning ... what do you think? Her bun is exactly what I do for work every morning. Cinnabun is really useful to me because I don't want to spend more than 2 minutes on my hair in the morning but I want it to look really smooth and sleek for work.

Amiblue
December 3rd, 2011, 05:08 PM
Much more feminine. Nice!

11eleven
December 3rd, 2011, 11:25 PM
She looks way more beautiful now than she did in her youth! Longer hair really suits her. And I don't think she has had work done, I think that faces change as they age.