PDA

View Full Version : having a bad hair day.

Gothchiq
December 2nd, 2011, 07:34 AM
Today is cold and dry. I showered, did CWC, then put in my olive oil based leave in as always, then my curl cream as usual. Wrapped my head in a pashmina so as not to freeze on the way to work. Arrived at work, unwrapped hair.

By the time it was 90% dry it looked awful! I shook my hair out and scrunched it when I got here, but it looked stringy and gross. I finger combed. No improvement. I brushed and then did my usual hand smoothing. STILL looked horrible and frizzy and ick.

I gave up and rolled it into a bun and stuck a pencil in to hold it in place. BOOOOO. Should I not have used my curl cream in cold dry weather? I bought it in the summer, so I dunno.... how disappointing. :(

XcaliburGirl
December 2nd, 2011, 07:50 AM
Sorry you are having a bad hair day. It could just be a weird fluke, slightly more product than usual, or something like that. Or, maybe the coldness or dryness is affecting it. I'd try again tomorrow with the knowledge that it might happen again and see if you get the same result. If you do, I guess you could try tweaking your routine a little.

Maybe someone else on this board who is knowledgeable about product ingredients can help.

Madora
December 2nd, 2011, 07:51 AM
Way, way too many products coating the hair. Try for a "less is more" approach and limit yourself to just CWC and something else. Try it for 2 weeks. Good luck!

Gothchiq
December 2nd, 2011, 07:51 AM
CWC and olive oil, maybe?

Madora
December 2nd, 2011, 08:18 AM
CWC and olive oil, maybe?

I haven't a clue as I don't use CWC. Guess you'll just have to experiment and see what works. Good luck!

Amber_Maiden
December 2nd, 2011, 09:23 AM
Way, way too many products coating the hair. Try for a "less is more" approach and limit yourself to just CWC and something else. Try it for 2 weeks. Good luck!

I'm with Madora on this one- less is more approach.

jacqueline101
December 2nd, 2011, 09:57 AM
I hear you on having a bad day my hair has those now and then.

pepperminttea
December 2nd, 2011, 01:30 PM
I feel your pain; with no leave-in my hair is incredibly uncooperative, but it's so easy to over-do it and end up with strings. Since I wear mine up most of the time, I don't worry about it much when it happens seeing as it just looks extra shiny and sleek, but when you wanted to wear it down it is such a pain in the backside. :(

Gothchiq
December 2nd, 2011, 01:33 PM
The curl cream is going on the shelf until the weather is warm and humid again. Gross, gross, I feel gross.... I have to wash this out. Then oil.

mneh
December 2nd, 2011, 01:38 PM
Today is cold and dry. I showered, did CWC, then put in my olive oil based leave in as always, then my curl cream as usual. Wrapped my head in a pashmina so as not to freeze on the way to work. Arrived at work, unwrapped hair.

By the time it was 90% dry it looked awful! I shook my hair out and scrunched it when I got here, but it looked stringy and gross. I finger combed. No improvement. I brushed and then did my usual hand smoothing. STILL looked horrible and frizzy and ick.

I gave up and rolled it into a bun and stuck a pencil in to hold it in place. BOOOOO. Should I not have used my curl cream in cold dry weather? I bought it in the summer, so I dunno.... how disappointing. :(

Hi, the same thing that happened to you happened to me y'day. I worked out why so I thought I'd share in case it helps you: I looked at the weather forecast and adjusted my styling for cold weather and a low dew point (anti-humectant + gel) but it had the opposite effect. I got stringy, frizzy hair instead of my usual clumps. Today, with the same cold weather and low dew point, I ignored the 'proper' advice for that type of weather and just applied my normal humectant curl cream (with glycerin & mango butter) + gel. Result was clumps and no frizz.

Hope you find this useful :)