PDA

View Full Version : My daughter sprayed PAM cooking spray in her hair...

Thumper
December 2nd, 2011, 06:52 AM
...and because she's 2 I didn't wash it out right away as I typically only wash her hair once a week. Anyways...after 2 days, the 'greasy' look on her hair completely disappeared. What happened? Does the hair somehow totally absorb the oil? I've never had this happen when I've had my own hair oiled or left unwashed.
What do you think?

Mairéad
December 2nd, 2011, 06:56 AM
I know that my hair can soak in larger than average amounts of oil. I can soak my hair in coconut oil at night and by morning about 80% of it will be absorbed.

Amber_Maiden
December 2nd, 2011, 06:57 AM
Maybe some of it was absorbed and some of it rubbed off while she was sleeping?

Zesty
December 2nd, 2011, 06:58 AM
It may have absorbed the oils (some people's hair absorbs better than others -- maybe younger hair is more absorbent? or she might just have that kind of hair), or it may have just rubbed off. Original Pam does have silicone in it, so her hair can't have absorbed all of it. But I imagine a two year old would have lots of opportunities to rub it off. Or it may have been able to evaporate over time with the heat of her head? Since it will evaporate in a hot pan.

So I'm not sure, but it is an interesting thing to ponder.

allycat
December 2nd, 2011, 07:03 AM
Baby and toddler hair is different somehow. I conditioned my 3 year old's hair once and it just looked really, really greasy after. But like you said, it disappeared the next day. I know they don't have oil glands in the scalp until puberty, but the hair itself is different. Like puppies and kittens have different hair.

Thumper
December 2nd, 2011, 07:07 AM
Well this is fascinating to me; my hair looks like a big glob of greasy goo! :p Even this morning after not washing it for 2 days. I really hate that. I'm thinking of purchasing that dry shampoo product. My hairdresser swears by it and the other day when I was there, she had greasy hair up in a clip and she pulled it out and showed me the spray. I was like magic! She really doesn't like to wash because it pulls out her color much quicker so she relies on the dry shampoo.

allycat
December 2nd, 2011, 07:09 AM
Maybe it did just rub off, because it did really seem to not need or absorb the heavy garner triple nutrition.

Gothchiq
December 2nd, 2011, 07:30 AM
It has lecithin also. I'm surprised it's not sticky! lol

Lilli
December 2nd, 2011, 07:35 AM
Baby and toddler hair is different somehow. I conditioned my 3 year old's hair once and it just looked really, really greasy after. But like you said, it disappeared the next day. I know they don't have oil glands in the scalp until puberty, but the hair itself is different. Like puppies and kittens have different hair.

Same thing happened to my daughter's hair. Just absorbed it all in!

Coffeebug
December 2nd, 2011, 12:40 PM
She's only 2 and she's already raiding the kitchen for hair care products??!

Tabitha
December 2nd, 2011, 02:35 PM
I do believe you may be starting a new LHC trend!

(Well after Monistat, anything goes).

Nae
December 2nd, 2011, 03:10 PM
I suggest someone spray Pam in their hair to see if they have the same result as the toddler. You know for scientific purposes.......not so I can giggle about it. Nope. Totally scientific. Yep.:eye:

But not I, fresh outta Pam. So sorry. :D

manderly
December 2nd, 2011, 03:36 PM
Doubt hair absorbed it all. The majority likely ended up soaked into her cotton pillow case and pillow.

cnd0020
December 2nd, 2011, 04:44 PM
She's only 2 and she's already raiding the kitchen for hair care products??!

:rollin:

I think I just died laughing!