PDA

View Full Version : best hair mask

hellopanpan
December 2nd, 2011, 12:44 AM
Do you use hair masks? I want to go buy one, that isn't too expensive, but there are sooo many and I can't decide. Any suggestions? :) Preferably something I can find at a regular store :)

Lissandria
December 2nd, 2011, 12:57 AM
well, this is what I use:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128

Definitely worth a try :)

Nev
December 2nd, 2011, 08:19 AM
I really like this hair mask from Garnier fructis - repair and shine 3 min mask. I leave it on for half an hour and it works for me. it's not pricey and it smells nice :)

Helix
December 3rd, 2011, 07:55 PM
Neutrogena triple moisture mask gets a lot of rave reviews, though I've never tried it myself.

Shea moisture has a few yummy looking masks that I have yet to try as well.

shikara
December 3rd, 2011, 08:45 PM
Hopefully one of the first ones you try will work for you, mit it might be a bit of trial and error:rolleyes:. What specifically do you want to gain from the hair mask? That might help your decision a little. There are also many masks you can make at home with: olive oil and eggs; egg, plain yogurt, and mayo; avocado, honey, and olive oil and more. Maybe just make a little list of the suggestions here, and pick one off the shelf that appeals to you most???

jesis
December 3rd, 2011, 08:49 PM
You should assess what your hair needs before spending money and time on a hair mask. For instance: is your hair dry? brittle? a combination of the two? does you hair need moisture or does it not do well with a moisture overload?

There are lots of homemade hair masks you can do for relatively cheap. :)

Diamond.Eyes
December 4th, 2011, 06:21 PM
I slept with a mask of shea butter, coconut oil and evening primrose oil on my hair the night before last, and it was hands down the best hair mask I've ever used. My hair felt like silk after washing it out :heartbeat. Bonus: it didn't cost much to make.

candycandace
December 4th, 2011, 06:30 PM
I just use coconut oil...Maybe I should look into some more complex mixtures :laugh:.

I slept with a mask of shea butter, coconut oil and evening primrose oil on my hair the night before last, and it was hands down the best hair mask I've ever used. My hair felt like silk after washing it out :heartbeat. Bonus: it didn't cost much to make.
Sorry if this is a noobish question, but what is eveing primrose oil? :oops:

Lissandria
December 4th, 2011, 08:51 PM

I would love to try this. May I ask how much you used/what were the approx ratios of ingredients?
:)

blondecat
December 4th, 2011, 10:35 PM
I use A cup of Olive oil, + a cup of full fat Greek plain yogurt + 1/4 cup of honey. Warm 1 minute in microwave.

Stir together, put onto hair, wrap or shower cap to keep it warm, leave on hair for as long as possible, but even half hr is OK, rinse off in cool water

* you may need a diluted bit of shampoo to get the oil out* but I don't need to do that.

it makes my hair silky, manageable, soft and shiny.

And its very very cheep to make

Hair_n_Hawaii
December 4th, 2011, 11:31 PM
coconut oil, maybe with some jojoba added, I put it on dry and put a plastic shower cap on for as long as I can stand it. It's really soft when I wash (shampoo) it out.

Commercial fav product: "Fekkai 3 minute Technician Mask " (pink color) it really makes my hard ends silky soft. Expensive but always works for me.

jojo
December 5th, 2011, 04:09 AM
EVOO, coconut oil, any conditioner and a drop of glycerine for moisture and shine!

hellopanpan
December 14th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Sorry for the late reply! Man, I need to remember to check my threads -___-

I've tried olive oil and coconut oil, and eggs also. My hair doesn't really like coconut oil, I'm not sure why. It makes it more dry and yucky feeling.

You should assess what your hair needs before spending money and time on a hair mask. For instance: is your hair dry? brittle? a combination of the two? does you hair need moisture or does it not do well with a moisture overload?

There are lots of homemade hair masks you can do for relatively cheap. :)

The last five inches of my hair are very dry. My hair has no shine to it, and it just looks bad :( My hair doesn't lay smooth and silky. For example, when I wear my hair down, my ends (layered hair) stick out and look very rough. Or if I put it in a pony tail, it just looks bad. Just a dry mess :(

Hopefully one of the first ones you try will work for you, mit it might be a bit of trial and error:rolleyes:. What specifically do you want to gain from the hair mask? That might help your decision a little. There are also many masks you can make at home with: olive oil and eggs; egg, plain yogurt, and mayo; avocado, honey, and olive oil and more. Maybe just make a little list of the suggestions here, and pick one off the shelf that appeals to you most???

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/lmarie29/th_8391ca08.jpg (http://s1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/lmarie29/?action=view&current=8391ca08.jpg)

Mostly I just want some moisture in my hair, and some silkiness. :D That would be great! I also want it to be softer, instead of so rough feeling. :(

Kristin
December 14th, 2011, 02:23 PM
I just add some 1-2 tbsp of oil- and maybe some aloe, too- to a heavy conditioner. Wet hair and apply mainly to the length. Wrap a plastic bag around your head and put an electric heat cap OR warm winter hat on top. Let it sit for an hour-overnight. Seal the moisture into your hair with oil or a silicone serum/leave-in.

Tennessee Rose
December 16th, 2011, 05:01 PM
The mask I apply normally on my ends is this one:

http://www.anunciocompraventa.es/uploads/2/Classified/107770/productos-de-queraina-lilas-si-451_big.jpg

I really think is the best mask I have ever tried.

But, if I want to do a deep treatment I create my own mask:

1) I pick the biggest leave from my Aloe Vera, I remove the skin and then I smash the inside.

2) A little cup (not a mug) of EVOO.

3) 3 teaspoons of hair mask, in my case the one named before to make the mix more compact. (that's the mask I use but you can use whatever mask that suits you, though I recommend a good one of your choice).

4) Mix (obviously).

5) Apply it to your hair for an hour.

6) Wash (soap only to the scalp), and then put yourself a bit of conditioner (or at least that is what I do cause I want to make sure I really really moisture my hair) I think a cone conditioner is much better in this case cause it seals hair scales.

7) Check Results.

My Results are: Shine, Softness, Lack of Frizz, Less Volume, Uniformity.

ratgirldjh
December 16th, 2011, 05:33 PM
I have great luck with 3 egg yolks, 3 tablespoons of VCO, and 3 tablespoons of honey.

For some reason the honey and eggs makes the oil easier to wash out. I don't do this very often though. When I do I wash it out with my bar soap and do an ACV rinse.

Dee94
January 28th, 2020, 05:06 PM
Opening old thread, didn't want to start a new one.

I'm curious if there is a deep conditioning hair mask that doesn't have the harsh stuff in it? If that even makes sense.
Something simple, something that doesn't have a big ingredients list or heavy cones. I don't like doing oils. Never seem to work out for me.
I just need to find a good simple hair mask that I can slap on once a week without having to make it.
What do you got? What's some of your favorite hair masks? Your holy grail?

Thank you!

Dark40
January 28th, 2020, 05:14 PM
I use hair masks all of the time. My hair loves them! The ones I love is Garnie Fructis Banana Hair Mask and Maui Moisture Hair Masks.

Ylva
January 28th, 2020, 11:52 PM
Opening old thread, didn't want to start a new one.

I'm curious if there is a deep conditioning hair mask that doesn't have the harsh stuff in it? If that even makes sense.
Something simple, something that doesn't have a big ingredients list or heavy cones. I don't like doing oils. Never seem to work out for me.
I just need to find a good simple hair mask that I can slap on once a week without having to make it.
What do you got? What's some of your favorite hair masks? Your holy grail?

Thank you!

I'd wholeheartedly recommend the Garnier Hair Food (Treats) masks.

LittleHealthy
January 29th, 2020, 04:06 AM
I'd wholeheartedly recommend the Garnier Hair Food (Treats) masks.

I agree. So versatile (can use as conditioner, leave in, mask etc) and affordable. I love these masks.

MusicalSpoons
January 29th, 2020, 08:45 AM
Not a mask, but it may as well be: Faith in Nature BB Rose and Neroli conditioner is hands-down my all-time favourite. I don't know if it's available outside Europe though.

Natalia_A00
January 29th, 2020, 09:36 AM
This is my personal favourite. My hair is super smooth and hydrated after this. I don't know if this specific product can be found in other places, but here's a link:
https://www.tresemme.com/es/productos/mascarilla/mascarilla-hidratacion-intensa.html

Another hair mask I like are Neutrogena Triple Moisture hair mask
The Cosmia Collection products and masks (the argain oil one, for example) aren't bad either, and they're pretty cheap
I also like the Garnier Fructis line

Dee94
January 29th, 2020, 10:39 AM
Thanks, ladies!