PDA

View Full Version : 2011 for my hair...

Miss Catrina
December 1st, 2011, 08:37 PM
I stopped posting over the summer for a 2 reasons:

1: I hacked all my hair off and had nothing to say anymore
2: I was suddenly having problems accessing the forum, which was apparently remedied by just typing in "forums." at the beginning of the URL. Who knew?

Anyway, this is the course my hair has followed. It went from this

http://i39.tinypic.com/10elb1y.png
at the end of 2010, to this

http://i41.tinypic.com/168sn02.png
in May of this year, when I couldn't handle how broken, frizzy, and generally awful my hair was anymore. (don't go to First Choice, people)

Less than a month later, it became this:

http://i41.tinypic.com/1183gcl.png
...Which I actually really loved.

But now I'm tired of it. I think I can handle having long hair this time. A lot of the problem before was how it was cut - my bangs started way too far back on my head and were too wide - so it's no surprise my ponytails were so discouragingly dinky, half my hair was going towards bangs! Unfortunately, this is my starting point:

http://i54.tinypic.com/24wey4j.jpg

Next time you feel like your hair is too short, take a look at me and feel better. ;)

Miss Catrina
December 2nd, 2011, 07:04 PM
Do I smell or something?

Sunshineliz
December 2nd, 2011, 07:08 PM
Wow! I wondered where you'd gone. That really is quite short. But if you liked it, all the power to ya. I hope you have a more enjoyable time with your growing journey this time.

Amber_Maiden
December 2nd, 2011, 07:18 PM
Why did you cut your hair so short, if you don't mind me asking?

growingpains
December 2nd, 2011, 07:57 PM
The short look is cute!

Happy growing! I'm glad you enjoyed the shorter hair. Hopefully you will continue to enjoy it as you grow it long. One great thing about going short is you can really have a fresh, damage free start.

Miss Catrina
December 2nd, 2011, 07:59 PM
Why did you cut your hair so short, if you don't mind me asking?

Long hair wasn't working out for me. I just couldn't stand another day of looking at frizzy, snaggly damage and a ponytail the width of a Crayola marker. I basically got mad at gave up. :p

As for why I cut it REALLY short... I just wanted to.

krissykins
December 3rd, 2011, 12:16 AM
No, you don't smell; I honestly didn't see this thread. LOL. It's good to see you back here! That short cut is absolutely adorable on you. :D

xgeckox
December 3rd, 2011, 12:34 AM
I absoloutely adore your short hair! As a fellow super-shortie I think its character building to cut it all off - you can no longer hide behind your hair, your face it out there for all to see and it really is quite liberating to go against the grain somewhat :)

That said, like you I'm on a journey back to long with healthy, virgin hair. I'm looking forward to seeing more pics as you grow :)

auroraclio
December 3rd, 2011, 01:38 AM
Welcome back, may your hair journey be kinder this time!

fridgee
December 3rd, 2011, 03:04 AM
I absoloutely adore your short hair! As a fellow super-shortie I think its character building to cut it all off - you can no longer hide behind your hair, your face it out there for all to see and it really is quite liberating to go against the grain somewhat :)

That said, like you I'm on a journey back to long with healthy, virgin hair. I'm looking forward to seeing more pics as you grow :)

I cut my BSL hair to chin for exactly that reason, that I had always had long hair and it was a security blanket and I didn't want it to define me. I'm glad I had the guts to do it to prove it to myself, but I really didn't feel like me without it, so I'm glad I got rid of the damage, but can't wait to be long haired again!

Good luck with the growing! I'm sure it will be lovely to start over with no damage and the knowledge to keep it that way!

alyanna
December 3rd, 2011, 03:44 AM
I like your hair progression. You look pretty cute ;):p

Enjoy your short hair while you've got it! Long hair is a big commitment and it just gets harder to cut as it gets longer. So get the short hair out of your system while you still can ;)

Miss Catrina
December 3rd, 2011, 05:34 PM
I think I have it out of my system. The only hard part will be that I go to a beauty school, so I always have a dozen people looking for someone to wash, style, curl, or dye for practice, and it's hard to pass up free salon services! Hopefully I can just get lots of manicures instead.

jojo
December 4th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Good luck with your new journey, at least you really suit short hair and now have a fresh start, looks like it should be pretty easy to grow out too!

blondie9912
December 4th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Ahh, your bangs! They're so cute, and remind me of what I have going on my head right now (though yours is actually a style, mine is a disaster :p) I dyed my hair numerous times this summer and and severely damaged a part of my hair (my face-framing layers on the the left side of my head, right at the crown). And I did the unthinkable... I buzzed that section off! Now it's been just over 2 months since the buzz and that area is about 1.5 inches long. If you're growing out your bangs, hopefully you can give me some tips on what to do as mine grow out into an extremely awkward length :D

Miss Catrina
December 4th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Ahh, your bangs! They're so cute, and remind me of what I have going on my head right now (though yours is actually a style, mine is a disaster :p) I dyed my hair numerous times this summer and and severely damaged a part of my hair (my face-framing layers on the the left side of my head, right at the crown). And I did the unthinkable... I buzzed that section off! Now it's been just over 2 months since the buzz and that area is about 1.5 inches long. If you're growing out your bangs, hopefully you can give me some tips on what to do as mine grow out into an extremely awkward length :D

LOL. The first time I got that cut, the stylist asked me twice "are you SURE you want them this short?". I don't think she could believe it. I'm not sure what I'll do with them yet. It's tempting to just grow them out into the rest of my length so I have more hair (no hair in bangs = more hair in a ponytail or bun = hair looks thicker), but I just don't think I could look good with no fringe.