View Full Version : using poo and condish for damaged hair......

jojo
December 1st, 2011, 05:57 PM
that isn't damaged, how many of you do this?

My theory is the longer the hair, the more older it is...obviously! but if its older its more prone to damage, so should us long hairs be using products aimed for damaged hair to make it stronger?

Is there any harm in using these products, even if you don't have damaged hair?

TIA:)

Jean Stuart
December 1st, 2011, 06:01 PM
I would, and do use it. If your hair is not damaged then it will still benefit from the cleansing and conditioning it will get.

ellen732
December 1st, 2011, 06:02 PM
I don't think so. I like a heavier conditioner with moisture to weigh my hair down a bit, and those always seem targeted to damaged hair. The worst that can happen is you may need to clarify once in a while.

Lissandria
December 1st, 2011, 09:37 PM
Yeah definitely. None of my products are labelled as such except I came across Australian Organics in the supermarket the other day. Heard good things about it (wanted to try for ages) and loved the ingredients. I had the same thoughts as you, because it is marketed for "dry and damaged hair" but I just think it means it's extra moisturising. Can't hurt ;)

Tizzles
December 1st, 2011, 10:35 PM
I will echo everyone else, it's not going to hurt it. Does the poo have sulfates? You will probably have to clarify every now and again like Ellen said, since both the poo and condish are more moisturizing.

Unipeg
December 1st, 2011, 11:33 PM
yeah i do ,cause my hair grows really slow so i figure its older an dryer than it should be. i also use s an c for color treated hair too an i dont color it yet, but shhhh dont tell the s an c police will come get me!

hototogisu
December 1st, 2011, 11:51 PM
My only reservation is that when I think of products for damaged hair, I think protein, and protein is a bit dangerous. If your hair needs it it will feel glorious; if it doesn't your hair will turn brittle and nasty.

Read the ingredient list well, and consider just using a specific protein treatment (like Joico K-Pak or my favourite, Redken CAT) if you think your hair is getting porous and could use it. Be aware - you'll have to follow a protein treatment with a moisture treatment. I like spraying CAT on before my SMT.

jojo
December 2nd, 2011, 04:21 PM
My hair loves protein so that shouldnt be too much a problem, i use mane N tail every other wash and a moisturising one the other time, so will give the poo and condish for damaged hair a go and let you all know how it goes! thanks all for replying

chelles2kids
December 2nd, 2011, 04:45 PM
I don't see any problems with this...I sometimes use products for color-treated hair {and I've never, ever colored my hair}, because it's usually gentler overall.;)

Kinda the same mindset I s'pose.:D

Amber_Maiden
December 2nd, 2011, 05:05 PM
Don't see any problem with it, but I don't really go out of my way too get products aimed at damaged hair. I usually get the products aimed at dry hair, however. I figure extra moisture can't hurt!