PDA

View Full Version : Salutations!

MoreWhenNuh
December 1st, 2011, 09:52 AM
Hi! Just introducing myself. I'm Morwenna from Texas. Just happened upon this site while looking up some general hair care info. I've been lurking around soaking up this wealth of information.

I didn't really have much of a hair care routine until recently. I've always just tried things out here and there. I'm a frequent hair dyer (shame shame, I know). But atleast I don't lighten my hair, I just deposit color. I've always gone by the rule of not washing my hair everyday. I try to stretch it as long as possible. I haven't done much heat styling for the past few years. Not necessarily from a conscious decision to stop but because my kids never leave me with enough time! So having kids has probably been the best thing for my hair because I've just let my hair be. :)

I hope to start some hair oiling and CO washes (can't believe I never thought of this)! My hair is currently waist length maybe and inch or 2 longer. I've been mostly letting it grow for about 3 1/2 years when i had about 20 inches cut off because of terrible damaging hair decision. I was devestated. Anyway, I think 3-4 inches will put me at hip lenghth and I'll be happy to just maintain HL. Can't wait to get to know you ladies.

Gothchiq
December 1st, 2011, 10:02 AM
Oiling is the best thing ever. No amount of conventional conditioner can do the same. That said, I have not ditched conditioner; I supplement it.

I like olive oil particularly.