PDA

View Full Version : Winter Holiday Hair

PaganPriestess
December 1st, 2011, 09:06 AM
Anyone doing anything special for the holidays with their hair? I'd love to see everyone's styles for Christmas/Chanukah/Kwanzaa/Winter Solstice/etc parties, dinners, family get-togethers, whatever!

rock007junkie
December 1st, 2011, 09:26 AM
The only thing that I'm going to do for the winter solstice is getting my last trim for this year. I also may straighten it for the first time this year for Christmas.

Freckled.Thing
December 1st, 2011, 10:12 AM
Hmmm, maybe I'll get some red ribbons for Christmas. I'm not entirely sure yet. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out on this thread though. ;)

Kira94
December 1st, 2011, 11:19 AM
I'm not sure yet. Can't wait to see what the rest of you all do though. :)

Amber_Maiden
December 1st, 2011, 11:23 AM
I really want to straighten it- but I won't. I threw my straightener out, so I wouldn't be tempted! I'd have to go to a salon to get it done- no thank you. Don't need the damage.

Ishje
December 1st, 2011, 12:40 PM
I'd like to learn a french twist for the holiday's, but I am not sure if I can do it.
tried it a few times before but it never really worked.

ravenreed
December 1st, 2011, 12:52 PM
I rarely wear my sparkly Ficcare, so perhaps for Yule I will use it in an updo.

PianoPlaye
December 1st, 2011, 12:55 PM
I'll be doing a french braid with Christmas decorations pinned into it - last year I used chunks of artificial holly, which was a bit uncomfortable but apparently looked fun.

misspurdy06
December 1st, 2011, 01:04 PM
I'm going to put tinsel in my hair. Maybe some red and green twist in gems.

Kristin
December 1st, 2011, 02:24 PM
I'd like to try some tinsel. I'll probably set it a lot around the holidays (with steam rollers or pin curls). Trying to find an excuse to do this: http://www.youtube.com/user/LetsMakeitUp1#p/u/11/UDgGxTQqwKw
Really pretty, but I need a TON of bobbi pins and it still wouldn't hold for a crazy night of dancing.

Amber_Maiden
December 1st, 2011, 02:25 PM
Actually, perhaps I can learn to a do a proper bun before xmas... I have some really cool hair forks coming and matching earrings!

Avital88
December 1st, 2011, 03:52 PM
this hanuka i think i will do the cocoon curls,, or maybe when im in a really naughty mood i will use my straightner.. havent used it since july :) will see:) nye i dont know yet

Ice~Cold~Wind
December 1st, 2011, 04:22 PM
Hmmm, maybe I'll get some red ribbons for Christmas. I'm not entirely sure yet. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out on this thread though. ;)

Ohh, yeah i was thinking red and green ribbons. Maybe some special hair sticks!:D

PaganPriestess
December 2nd, 2011, 09:02 AM
I'm not really going anywhere special today.. but I just tried Elizabethan Hair Taping for the first time. What do you guys think?

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j339/Erica_McKenna/IMAG0572.jpg

jacqueline101
December 2nd, 2011, 09:43 AM
I haven't decided yet.

dulce
December 2nd, 2011, 09:50 AM
I bought some of those lovely icy sparkling looking December Lilla Rose clips.They should make any do that I make look festive and it's easy .

uptosomeone
December 2nd, 2011, 11:31 AM
Recently I've been testing out different ways to curl my hair heat-free, so for Christmas I'll probably do that, then pin it up into a messy bohemian bun on the back of my head and add some of my Harajuku-type pins into it for accents. :)

PaganPriestess
December 2nd, 2011, 11:37 AM
Well my crown braid started to give me a headache.. so I switched to a ribboned dutch braid.

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j339/Erica_McKenna/IMAG0579.jpg

ETA: Holy cow that pic is HUGE. Sorry!

Egana
December 2nd, 2011, 12:26 PM
I wonder how it would look to braid a long strand of thick tinsel as if it were a silk scarf into your hair, then bun it up? You know, lay the tinsel across the top of your head like a headband, then braid it into an english braid on each side, then bun it or "Heidi" it up across? That might be pretty fun! I MAY just need to try it...

I can't put photos up yet, but perhaps some other brave soul would give it a try and let us know how it turns out?

I wonder how it would look to braid a long strand of thick tinsel as if it were a silk scarf into your hair, then bun it up? You know, lay the tinsel across the top of your head like a headband, then braid it into an english braid on each side, then bun it or "Heidi" it up across? That might be pretty fun! I MAY just need to try it...

I can't put photos up yet, but perhaps some other brave soul would give it a try and let us know how it turns out?

oops, accidental double post - sorry! *grin*

Atlantic
December 2nd, 2011, 12:43 PM
Christmas wreath updo!

Last year, I did a fake crown rope braid (like the style of Sidani's photo here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=525&pictureid=40145), only mine isn't nearly as gorgeous), then taped with medium-thin white, red and green ribbons. Then I took several hairpins and tied a tiny jingle-bell to each pin, and stuck them in decoratively.

I didn't take a photo last year (I will this year) , but it looked good!

luxepiggy
December 2nd, 2011, 03:13 PM
I'll be switching to a brighter, extra-sparkly tinsel for NYE . . . pig's excited! \(^(oo)^)/

luxepiggy
December 2nd, 2011, 03:20 PM

I've never done anything like that, but I did recently incorporate some tinsel into a micro-accent braid. It even had its own "ornament" :D

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff33/shoppingpiglet/accenttinsel.jpg

FrozenBritannia
December 2nd, 2011, 03:49 PM
I have a company Xmas party to go to, and I know what dress I am wearing, which shoes, and the coat, but I have NO idea what to do with my hair. :( either a French roll or braids I guess, same as usual. I don't have enough thickness to do a Gibson twist I don't think.

Sagi1982
December 3rd, 2011, 06:04 AM
My hairstyle of choice is a sleep braid - I'm atheistic and plan to stay in bed. ;)

Egana
December 4th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Luxepiggy -

so pretty! I've tried micro braids, but they (like when I wear earrings) get lost in the bigness, and aren't worth the effort.

Lostsoule77
December 4th, 2011, 09:51 AM
I tend to wear my hair down for Christmas. Last year I straightened it, but I don't think I will this year. Sometimes I do a half up, but more likely I'll just put one side up. Now quite sure yet.

jaine
December 4th, 2011, 10:38 AM
I got my hair blow-dried straight at a salon for the office holiday party :) I love it... got compliments. It's never this straight so I get to enjoy tangle-free hair for a few days. And she was really gentle with it.

Probably won't do anything with it for the actual holiday though...I rarely get out of my pajamas for that.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6736&pictureid=120371

lajsa
December 4th, 2011, 10:40 AM
I love having an excuse to dress it up a bit without seeming weird :D Only problem is that I suck at doing all those pretty updos, mine are more... practical. Last New Years Eve I had a bun (sock bun, I think...) with this huge orangeish flower decoration on the side. I liked it, so I think I might do something like that again this year.

Kira94
December 22nd, 2011, 03:59 PM
I'll probably just wear mine down as usual, but I may try to dress it up a bit. I still have to figure out what I'm wearing! And I have to figure out a hairstyle and outfit for Hanukkah too! I need to get on this! :laugh:

white.chocolate
December 23rd, 2011, 06:54 AM
Christmas wreath updo!

Last year, I did a fake crown rope braid (like the style of Sidani's photo here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=525&pictureid=40145), only mine isn't nearly as gorgeous), then taped with medium-thin white, red and green ribbons. Then I took several hairpins and tied a tiny jingle-bell to each pin, and stuck them in decoratively.

I didn't take a photo last year (I will this year) , but it looked good!

This sounds fun! I was also thinking of doing this style, but I haven't thought of pinning jingle bells! So I'll either be doing this, or another one I think will look good with a very pretty red-gold ribbon I found in a shop and bought: 2 Dutch braids on the sides, incorporate the ribbon, braid all in a single English braid, and bun. I still need to try it out though.

Eirelin
December 23rd, 2011, 01:29 PM
I don't have anywhere to go :(

Since I work for myself, I don't have a company Christmas party or anything, and I don't really know anyone that throws a house party.